Weapon (style) of choice.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
First off, I know that all of these questions (my answers inside the parenthasis) almost definitely have thier own threads, but I thought it would be interesting to combine them so:

In RPG games, do you like fighters, casters, thieves, or what?(Usually a bit of everything, but most often dual wielding fighters) and what weapons do you have them use.(something like longswords)

In real life, if you had to choose one melee and one ranged midieval weapon to take on an unspecified adventure, what would they be and why. Assume that no one has any weapons that aren't midieval.(bastard sword. Very versatile, can be used with one or two hands, and has reach superior to most weapons, and a longbow. high range, and rate of fire.)

IRL, which modern weapon would you take to a war if you didn't know the conditions of where you are going. No vehicles. Assume you can bring plenty of ammo. (Either a .300 remington ultramag, or the 6 shot revolver style grenade launcher.)

Apr 19, 2010
RPG: Caster with spellblade
Medieval: Kris Sword and Repeater Crossbow
Modern: I don't really care most guns are the same inside their categories.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
In RPGs it really depends on my mood.

In the real world, for melee type, I would want a bow & arrow set, and a good sturdy knife.

In the moderny real worldy times, I would want nothing but a AK-47 based rifle, because they are incredibly simple, robust, reliable, durable, dependable, and so much more. Also, outside of America, ammunition is fairly plentiful.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
xRagnarok19 said:
RPG: Caster with spellblade
Medieval: Kris Sword and Repeater Crossbow
Modern: I don't really care most guns are the same inside their categories.
Why the Kris? and what about categories of gun? shotty, ar, pistol or something else?

BTW, I love the avatar.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
In Exalted I like playing with the Martial Arts.. In D&D I typically favor either archery or gigantic weapons.. In modern settings, it's sniper all the way, the way I figure is, everyone's using guns, so you might as well be the most proficient and deadly gunman possible

Aunel

May 9, 2008
screw weapons, in any setting I'm "the 4 string warrior" "the badd ass" or the "cat with the low tones" (in medieval times, a bard, in this time a poor student)

OT:
just give me any type of sharp object, it doesn't really matter, I suppose I'm useless with whatever you get me.

or give me 2 smg's and watch me run like a maniac, yelling incoherently and spraying bullets everywhere.

chainer1216

Dec 12, 2009
in RPG games i like to play a jack of all trades, master of none, type. i can fight, heal, steal or blast, but theres always someone better at any one of those things. i like flexibility.

old style weapons: well, since i'm trained in Aikiken, i'll have to go with a Katana, but if i'm handed a bastard sword, i'll do just fine. and i just picked up a long bow this last weekend, and as it turns out, am pretty good with it. so i choose that as my ranged weapon.

and modern weapons? if i have to choose just one and would always have "enough" ammo, i'd go with the AA-12 for its versatility. regular 00 buckshot, slugs or mini grenades, i'd be able to handle most situations with those.

Sirpipple

Aug 17, 2010
Rpg: ranger/supportive character
ye old times: polearm for melee and longbow for ranged
modern warfare: got to go with a sniper rifle because there is no way i'm going to the front lines

bam13302

Dec 8, 2009
old style:
morning star
crossbow

modern:
melee, shock baton (re. half-life 2), i think one actually exists, probably wouldnt be too hard... didnt google it though
ranged... FN2000, with 1.6x scope, and grenade launcher
probably would end up taping the baton to the side of the rifle (on that note, probably just rigging a tazer to the end and wiring the on/off switch near the trigger of the gun would probably work just as well
Though, to be honest, an accurate, 2 round burst, assault rifle with an assault scope would be great too

fantasy:
lightsaber
eridian lightning sniper gun thingy
considering neither of them need ammo, probably have the strength for some kind of stealth suit

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
RPG: I tend to play as a standard warrior first, just to get a hang of the game mechanics, then something more interesting next.

Medieval: Katana and Crossbow

Modern: Some sort of semi-automatic marksman rifle. Not quite a sniper rifle, but not quite an assault rifle either.

Captain Epic

Jul 8, 2010
Medieval: Claymore and shield
Modern war: Silenced pistol, strong knife
Fantasy(not realistic): Fully automatic nuke launcher that doesn't hurt me cause I said so.

Apr 25, 2009
RPG-
I'm a melee guy, so a Warrior of some kind or a big beefy dude with a giant hammer.

Medieval-
Shortsword and a medium size kite shield, plus a 12 inch single-edged knife. For a ranged weapon I'd take a shortbow. It's small(ish), convenient, maneuverable and it still packs a hell of a punch.

Modern-
Hmmm... I'd take an HK416 with an ACOG and forward grip. All the power and range of an M4, but souped up. For a sidearm I'd have to take a USP .45, just cos they're cool.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
rpg, usually the standard sword and shield.
midieval, many poisoned daggers/needles.
real life, only armored gloves since I train in bare hand martial arts.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
RPG: Paladin with Bastard Sword/Heavy Shield combo
Medieval: Bastard Sword for melee, Longbow for ranged
Modern: Probably an MP5 and a K-Bar.

Feb 7, 2009
RPG: I play the warrior because I just love a good old fashioned beat down.
Medieval: I use a chainsword because I'm an Astartes, *****!
Modern: I would go with the scoped version of the M-14 as my primary weapon, with an AKS-74U as my secondary weapon, and my pearl-handled Colt .45 M1911 (because it is an awesome gun, and I have always prefered them for their reliability).

Chester41585

Mar 22, 2009
RPG: Fighters
Medieval: Blunt weapons, such as hammers and maces. I'd also use a bow.
Modern: H&K G36K, Ruger P345.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
RPG: While I prefer melee, I feel there should be a range attack just in case, so any melee guy who can also use a few spells.

Medieval: I'd have to say a Cutlass and Flintlock pistol (ARRRR! Pirates FTW!)

Modern: Give me an supressed Mini-Uzi and big Knife with a grenade launcher. I'll sneak in, slit individual's throats and shoot up a few small groups. When my cover's blown, my grenade launcher will cause enough mayehm for me to GTFO.