Website Teases New Baldur's Gate ... Something - UPDATED

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
80Maxwell08 said:
unacomn said:
"HD re-release"... we call that a resolution mod.
As far as I can remember, the rights for the series are now with at Atari, so what's Bioware got to do with it?
Check my post right above yours.
Sorry, didn't read the comments before posting. If Beamdog is involved, it would mean the games are getting released on Beamdog, since it's a digital distribution service, like Steam/GOG/Impulse, etc. I agree, this article is just misleading and wrong.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
unacomn said:
80Maxwell08 said:
unacomn said:
"HD re-release"... we call that a resolution mod.
As far as I can remember, the rights for the series are now with at Atari, so what's Bioware got to do with it?
Check my post right above yours.
Sorry, didn't read the comments before posting. If Beamdog is involved, it would mean the games are getting released on Beamdog, since it's a digital distribution service, like Steam/GOG/Impulse, etc. I agree, this article is just misleading and wrong.
No problem I don't think it's even mentioned until page 2.

sir.rutthed said:
I really hope it's a modernized re-release. I tried to play Baldur's gate, but I just couldn't get over the archaic UI. Never thought I'd be hoping for a remake, but I still have faith in Bioware.
Well no point in that faith since this has nothing to do with them. Read above your post for more.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Sequel or HD Re-release, anything! fuck if I care! Im all on board wherever this train is a-taking me.

balberoy

Aug 19, 2011
EA Bioware who cares what they do?
You can't buy games from them anyway.

I really like the old games, but since DA:O Bioware just pushed out bad games
with a lot of fucking DLC wich are sometimes plot relevant (Shadowbroker? or in DA:O
Witchhunt)

Bioware needs to split up from EA and start making complete games again, then I will
wait until I see the game and then they may earn my trust again, until that day,
they can kiss my ass.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
beniki said:
Darkmantle said:
spectrenihlus said:
So your move everyone who said they would boycott Bioware/EA after ME3
Not gonna FUCKING happen... unless minsc is DLC or something...

If Minsc is DLC I'll LOSE MY MIND! FUCK!
Oh no... you can have Minsc. Wouldn't take that from you.

But Boo! Boo will cost you $20!! After all, he's only cosmetic right? Not essential to the plot, right? He even hampers game play. Without him, you have an extra inventory slot.

So $20, Day 1 DLC, not even available in the special edition, collectors edition, or even super special awesome deluxe edition with cherries on the box.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
If you don't buy the DLC minsc is all depressed.

Minsc and Boo stand... far apart :'(

Go for the eyes bo... oh he's gone :'(

and he just sits down during combat and cries :p

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
balberoy said:

with a lot of fucking DLC wich are sometimes plot relevant (Shadowbroker? or in DA:O
Witchhunt)

Bioware needs to split up from EA and start making complete games again, then I will
wait until I see the game and then they may earn my trust again, until that day,
they can kiss my ass.
The article is wrong Bioware has nothing to do with this at all. A company called Beamdog which is formed from ex Bioware employees is doing something unannounced with the Baldur's Gate games that isn't the complete edition coming to steam.

balberoy

Aug 19, 2011
80Maxwell08 said:
balberoy said:

Witchhunt)

they can kiss my ass.
The article is wrong Bioware has nothing to do with this at all. A company called Beamdog which is formed from ex Bioware employees is doing something unannounced with the Baldur's Gate games that isn't the complete edition coming to steam.
Thanks for the correction,
in this case I applaud and salute.

Hopefully this game will revive this genre.
Cause I except nothing from Bioware in this regard in the future.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
balberoy said:
80Maxwell08 said:
balberoy said:

Witchhunt)

they can kiss my ass.
Thanks for the correction,
in this case I applaud and salute.

Hopefully this game will revive this genre.
Cause I except nothing from Bioware in this regard in the future.
Well I've been reading the ME3 spoilers and I wholeheartedly agree. Seriously the new spoilers for the ending just....god. I am glad I jumped off that sinking ship eariler. If you are interested there's a topic on the forums here discussing them.

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
As strange as it is to say I don't want any more Baldur's Gate. BG2 is still my favourite game of all time (hence avatar), but BG is a story that ebbed and flowed but ultimately ended. If there was a hypothetical BG3 it wouldn't be my Bhaalspawn(s), it would have to have a new protagonist and as such would no longer be real BG.

The reason I didn't, and continue not to play Dragon Age 2 is not due to the poor reviews it received but due to the fact I couldn't continue my Warden's story. But on Dragon Age I see no need to have two parallel fantasy licenses at the same time, BG and DA would fill a very similar hole.

All that said I doubt there will be a BG3, a full remake is more likely than a direct squeal and even then unlikely. I suppose we shall wait with baited breath on what will happen.

Oh and does this mean that miniature giant space hamster memes will overtake arrow to the knee jokes, as that would be brilliant.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Blunderboy said:
Please don't be a troll.

I believe in Baldur's Gate.
Well something is happening with the Baldur's Gate series but Bioware just has nothing to do with it. Instead a studio made of ex Bioware employees called Beamdog is doing something with it not related to the complete edition coming to steam. So no this isn't a troll but the article is still wrong.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
Baldur's Gate was developed by Bioware. Bioware belongs to EA. EA uses Origin. Thus Baldur's Gate is not getting released on Steam.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
4RM3D said:
Baldur's Gate was developed by Bioware. Bioware belongs to EA. EA uses Origin. Thus Baldur's Gate is not getting released on Steam.
Bioware doesn't own the licenses to Baldur's Gate or any D&D game Atari and Hasbro do.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
Sober Thal said:
The game needs a complete, fully voiced,
If they can get the original voice for important character yes, if not god hell no, having hard time imaging anyone else then Jim Cummings been Minsc, cause it it was not Jim Cummings I could at least imagine calling Jim Cummings to do it and doing a good voice imitation.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
80Maxwell08 said:
4RM3D said:
Bioware doesn't own the licenses to Baldur's Gate or any D&D game Atari and Hasbro do.
The D&D universe belongs to Wizards of the Coast which belongs to Hasbro (I guess). So if you wanted to make another D&D game (including a sequel to BG) you would need to get the license from Hasbro.

Hmmm, I forgot about the re-releases of BG. *Checks the site* Yes, it seems Atari published it. Well, lets hope they don't turn it over to Bioware. The studio isn't capable anymore.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
4RM3D said:
80Maxwell08 said:
4RM3D said:
The D&D universe belongs to Wizards of the Coast which belongs to Hasbro (I guess). So if you wanted to make another D&D game (including a sequel to BG) you would need to get the license from Hasbro.

Hmmm, I forgot about the re-releases of BG. *Checks the site* Yes, it seems Atari published it. Well, lets hope they don't turn it over to Bioware. The studio isn't capable anymore.
Please read my other posts for what's actually happening with the Baldur's Gate games. Also why in the hell would Atari do that? I'm surprised it took them this long to do something. Seriously you would think rereleasing all the old school D&D games would be priority one with their financial state. Well they have put them on GOG so I guess even they don't feel the need to do that.

The Dutchess

Feb 24, 2011
Never played them. A shiny new re-release would be much appreciated. Thoroughly doubt this has anything to do with a sequel.