Weird addictions/obsessions

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
Geek@Heart said:
Do you have any addictions/obsessions that aren't quite normal (not including games/consoles)? Anything you have to do, or has to be a certain way, other wise you get uncomfortable? Or do you just have an addictive personality?

Personally, doors have to be closed. The door to our sitting room is currently open and once this is posted I will have to shut it. Crazy but true.

I also have an addictive personality. Current addiction - Escapist Forum. I spend every spare moment on here. It's not normal or healthy.

And sorry to anyone with majors addictions/OCD etc. This is not meant as offensive, I am not being mean, I am just curious. And currently uncomfortable. WHY DIDN'T I SHUT THAT DOOR??????

And sorry if this has been done before. Tried searching and couldn't find anything similar.
Speaking of OCD...

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
Mookie_Magnus said:
I actually haz OCD, and I am so glad that it's just a mild case.

Example, when I'm at school, I try as hard as possible not to touch bathroom doors, I even use the paper-towel door opening thing. If there's no paper towels, I maneuver myself so that I can get the door open w/o my skin touching it.
Also, whenever I see something nasty I constantly wipe my mouth. It's as if I don't the nasty thing is on my mouth.
I used to have a problem with socks, if they didn't feel exactly right on my foot I would cast them off and become upset and angry. Same thing with shoes, if they didn't work right, time to start over.

Right now, it's my laptop. I get a little bit... myeeeh, if it's not clean around the mouse-pad area.
Well who would want to touch school bathroom doors? all you do is kick it, im to lazy to open any door so i just kick it. though dont kick those crappy glass ones near art, the go Crack...

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009
McCa said:
Geek@Heart said:
Do you have any addictions/obsessions that aren't quite normal (not including games/consoles)? Anything you have to do, or has to be a certain way, other wise you get uncomfortable? Or do you just have an addictive personality?

Personally, doors have to be closed. The door to our sitting room is currently open and once this is posted I will have to shut it. Crazy but true.

I also have an addictive personality. Current addiction - Escapist Forum. I spend every spare moment on here. It's not normal or healthy.

And sorry to anyone with majors addictions/OCD etc. This is not meant as offensive, I am not being mean, I am just curious. And currently uncomfortable. WHY DIDN'T I SHUT THAT DOOR??????

And sorry if this has been done before. Tried searching and couldn't find anything similar.
Speaking of OCD...
What.......? I'm not OCD. Crazy, yes. Confusing, yes. Mentally unstable, yes. OCD, no.

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
Geek@Heart said:
McCa said:
Geek@Heart said:

Speaking of OCD...
What.......? I'm not OCD. Crazy, yes. Confusing, yes. Mentally unstable, yes. OCD, no.
You have to have a door shut... Im fairly certain that is very mild OCD. To the Doctor!

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009
McCa said:
Geek@Heart said:
McCa said:
Read back up for rest of discussion
You have to have a door shut... Im fairly certain that is very mild OCD. To the Doctor!
Only if it's Doctor Who. He can examine me anytime ;)

And some of the obsessions on here are much worse than doors being closed. If I'm mild OCD, what are they?

chefassassin2

Jan 2, 2009
I have this weird ocd type habit of tapping walls 5-6 times with the knuckles on my left hand. Not sure exactly where it came from but yeah... Tapping the walls softly with my knuckles. If I don't I my left hand starts twitching until i walk by by another wall.

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
Geek@Heart said:
McCa said:
Geek@Heart said:
McCa said:

And some of the obsessions on here are much worse than doors being closed. If I'm mild OCD, what are they?
I really hope your a girl now. I hate vivid imagination. Your mild, they are severe simple.

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009
McCa said:
Geek@Heart said:
McCa said:

I really hope your a girl now. I hate vivid imagination. Your mild, they are severe simple.
No, actually I'm a guy. Not sure David Tennant would want me ;)

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
Geek@Heart said:
McCa said:
Geek@Heart said:
McCa said:

I Hate my imaginination so much right now damn you to hell.

Perryman93

Mar 27, 2009
if there are like 2 light switches next to each other, both on opposites, i have to turn them so they are both the same!!!!

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009
McCa said:
Geek@Heart said:
I Hate my imaginination so much right now damn you to hell.
Actually, just messing with your mind. I am a girl. And David Tennant isn't really that attractive.

Good luck getting that image out your head ;)

MTNW

Mar 26, 2009
when i leave my house i have to check that i locked the door at least 4 times before im sure its locked

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
I always count the number of steps when I'm walking up the stairs. And I have this thing with odd numbers...I hate 'em.

lasherman

Mar 11, 2009
I've got a couple but most have been listed here by other people, so the one i'll say is that when i drive i always keep tapping the shifter with my pinky finger. i do it the entire time i drive anywhere and i think my friends are starting to think its wierd, lol