Weird Gaming Glitches That Scare You

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with game glitches that, for some reason or another, scared the crap out of them.

For example, I've recently been on a Minecraft binge, and on occasion I've been having this weird audio glitch. While mining, I've been having this noise (kind of like a zombie's growl, but it sounds more... intense) start up quietly and get louder quickly, to the point where I need to quit out of the game for the sake of my ears. But even when I quit to the menu, the noise continues for a few moments, then stops. Thing is, if I return to the game, the noise will start up again, which usually means that I have to book it out of the cave system. After that point, it stops.

After having this happen late at night, and then again today, I tend to get scared by it. Laugh as you will, but it freaks me out.

Anyone else have a similar experience in Minecraft? Or just freaky game glitches in general?

Captca: ball of confusion
Yes it is, random word generator. Yes it is.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Hmmm, there's been a bit of a weird one in LoL occasionally. The icon for Flash is coming up along with the usual spell animations. It happens with Fizz's ult the most.

It's like Flash is becoming self-aware. It knows how godlike of a spell it is and it only gets stronger....

Lazy

Aug 12, 2012
Every now and then corpses in Fallout 3 will completely freak out, stretching to impossible lengths and flailing with demonic fury, flying around in the sky the whole time. I've always found the effect quite unnerving.

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
No clip! I remember in Doom when you got to the "border" of the world by using "no clip" cheat. It was creepy! I don't know what it is. Maybe it is that strange trippy effect. There are other games that have that glitch where you fall into infiniteness and I dislike it as well.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Only one, and it exists in Sims 3.
Holy fuck, that's some scary shit!

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
You reminded me of the perfect one:

OH GOD NO!

(I don't think it counts as a glitch, the game made it to be like that. But still...)

Pfheonix

Apr 3, 2010
This guy. In the beta, when you got the Medicsaurus Rex on your team, you knew you would win.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Lazy said:
Every now and then corpses in Fallout 3 will completely freak out, stretching to impossible lengths and flailing with demonic fury, flying around in the sky the whole time. I've always found the effect quite unnerving.
Ahhhh the amazing ragdoll physics.

Yep, that was creepy as hell.

It makes a weird flapping noise as well.

Worst ones were the Rad Scorpions. Creepy long legs flapping past you.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
I had a really horrible one in Sleeping Dogs & SR3... Basically everything was artifacted and looked like I was in the negative universe.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
I once had a glitch in TF2 where my head disappeared while I was playing as Pyro. I like to think I terrorized more than a few players who found themselves roasted alive by some headless spectre.

As for things that scared me personally? One of my Minecraft worlds once had a "Glitch zone" where anything that entered (Player, Critter, Monster) would be frozen in stasis forever, and whenever I walked past it I could see dozens of frozen Skeletons, Zombies and other NPCs all frozen in a small group together, all endlessly staring outwards from the zone. I usually mercy-killed the stuck mobs with arrows if I had them.

Even after that glitch fixed, the Glitch zone still had odd things happen from time to time (no matter how much I dug out of it it'd always be good as new whenever I quit & reload), right now its simply settled for being invisible (i.e. you can stare all the way down to the void when you're there)

Pfheonix said:
This guy. In the beta, when you got the Medicsaurus Rex on your team, you knew you would win.
Nope.avi mk2 right there.

JRCB

Jan 11, 2009
MickDick said:
JRCB said:
Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with game glitches that, for some reason or another, scared the crap out of them.

For example, I've recently been on a Minecraft binge, and on occasion I've been having this weird audio glitch. While mining, I've been having this noise (kind of like a zombie's growl, but it sounds more... intense) start up quietly and get louder quickly, to the point where I need to quit out of the game for the sake of my ears. But even when I quit to the menu, the noise continues for a few moments, then stops. Thing is, if I return to the game, the noise will start up again, which usually means that I have to book it out of the cave system. After that point, it stops.

After having this happen late at night, and then again today, I tend to get scared by it. Laugh as you will, but it freaks me out.

Anyone else have a similar experience in Minecraft? Or just freaky game glitches in general?

Captca: ball of confusion
Yes it is, random word generator. Yes it is.
It's called an enderman.

It's nearby, it makes that noise.
Kill it.
Thanks. I just read up on a bug that causes the noise to continue even when going to the main menu. Doesn't make it any less terrifying, though.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
I had one in Skyrim where my orc was killing a bear in an execution and I fell into the negative zone.
She just fell and fell and fell and then BOOM back with the bear dead.
The bear tried to suck my warrior into the void.

Other than that I can't really think of anything.