Weird Habbits?

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
i mutter in japanese random phrases outloud, i've been speaking with a britsh accernt on and of since i was 6 and it's not a joke accent but a real one. (ppl i hung out with when i was lil.)

michael_ab

Jun 22, 2009
i incessently make noise. tapping, clicking, popping, playing my music. it realy is a kinda nervous tic.

it is because when my mind is unoccupied it goes off on deppressing tangents, making me more or less afraid of silence

unreal713

Aug 18, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
I really, really dislike having food or the smell of food on my hands and fingers. Even if it's just a sandwich, I will wash my hands afterwards.
Is this a weird habit? I didn't really think to consider it was weird. For me I also have to wash hands (when possible) after having a smoke.

PayJ567 said:
Any alarm I set has to be 3 minutes before or 3 minutes after:

6:57
7:47
8:03

Don't ask me why... Because I don't know.
I'm a bit like this also, when I'm setting an alarm or timer I need to use certain numbers, wont go into details...

Monocle Man

Apr 14, 2009
PayJ567 said:
Any alarm I set has to be 3 minutes before or 3 minutes after:

6:57
7:47
8:03

Don't ask me why... Because I don't know.
I do something similar.
My alarm to wake me up on school days goes off at 6.O5am. The clock runs 5 minutes ahead of the real time.
It gives the impression I can sleep 5 minutes longer.

HitsWithStyxx

Nov 26, 2009
maninahat said:
When I was little, I always used to squash my sandwiches until they were pancake flat - they taste way better without all that air in!
This. Thank God I'm not alone.

I find it works best with Cheese, Peanut Butter or Marmite sandwiches.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Thunderhorse94 said:
When I'm on the laptop, I usually wear my headphones, even if I'm not listening to anything. I'm doing it right now in fact.
I hadn't realised I did this until I read that... Then realised that I too currently (and usually) have my headphones in for no reason whatsoever.

I also try to work out how to pronounce various common words backwards whilst bored.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
unreal713 said:
I'm a bit like this also, when I'm setting an alarm or timer I need to use certain numbers, wont go into details...
I will glady go into details:

In particular with the microwave, I can't stand the digits having an obvious pattern, or any repeating digits.

Stevo_s

Working on Avatar
Jan 24, 2010
I have to be constantly moving or doing something with my hands, I cant sit still. I'll even bite the skin off my fingers once I've ran out of nail. And sometimes I'll pluck hair from my arms

Daystar Clarion said:
I really, really dislike having food or the smell of food on my hands and fingers. Even if it's just a sandwich, I will wash my hands afterwards.
Me too its disgusting for some reason I would even put napkins on food to avoid all touching it just to try to keep smell away.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
I always have to hold my guitar pick with the label side up for some reason. I used to just tell myself it was because the texture helps my thumb grip it, but i think it's more of an OCD kind of habit. lol

KnightRider0717

Mar 20, 2010
hmm lets see if i can think of a few ocd things with me

- when i was younger i could never chew green peas, i always had to swallow them whole, ive always found it weird

- when playing shooters i reload after almost every kill if im not being shot at immediately after killing someone, i think its because of how i never wanted to run into someone and squeeze off 3 rounds and reload and then die...

- i get really annoyed if i get a message/text and i cant check it immediately, so ill almost drop whatever im doing to answer them, i honestly cant think of a reason why i do that

- i used to have to hold a guitar pick between my thumb and middle finger or else it felt too weird to play, after playing hours and hours of guitar hero i got used to using my pointing finger and now i notice i switch between the two ways i hold the pick now... usually mid-song and i find it weird/funny

the only other thing i can think of is how oddly obsessed i am with my hair hah

KnightRider0717

Mar 20, 2010
Sanquinius96 said:
When my alarm goes off, I press the snooze button at least 3 times.
hah i have my alarm set a half hour early so i can hit snooze a few times every morning :p

for some reason i have one of them set at 7:05am... i have no reasoning for it

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Whenever i get new cloths, i have to wash them at least 3 times or i dont feel there clean enough.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Thunderhorse94 said:
When I'm on the laptop, I usually wear my headphones, even if I'm not listening to anything. I'm doing it right now in fact.
I do this too. It doesn't feel right if I'm on the laptop and I'm not wearing them.
I bite the top of my xbox controller when there's a tense moment in game, there are teeth marks on it. I don't have many weird habits.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
How did you ninja me to that?

I'll wash my hands after I touch anything usually if it's not something I've deemed clean.

Abbyrose07

Mar 31, 2010
When eating more than one thing like during dinner, I only eat one thing at a time. Like if there were salad, steak and potatoes I would eat only my salad until it was either gone or I was done eating it and then do the same thing to the potatoes and then the steak. My mom always asks me if I get bored only eating one thing at a time. I also brush my teeth and clip my toe nails in the shower lol.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
I used to do this thing where whenever a particularly long word came into my head (such as particularly) i'd split it into parts of even lettets (part icul arly, or par tic ula rly).
Words with a prime number of letters infuriated me. I could barely control it. I may have been losing sleep because of it, though it's hard to tell, because I find it hard to sleep anyway. It was like becoming aware of my tongue or breathing. Once I started doing it, I wouldn't be able to stop for hours.

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
EClaris said:
I pace when I'm by myself, it's how I sort out my thoughts
I pace crazy amounts, and people comment on it, a lot, especially when I'm in the library. I can imagine it's quite annoying.