Weird quirks you have?

Slitzkin

Jul 3, 2011
N3squ1ck said:
So, I am from Germany and my motherlanguage therefor is German, I study English at uni, but still, I mostly talk and write German.

So, but on Twitter the other day I was expressing my feelings towards trying to get a date, and the girl saying "maybe" and left it at that until that very evening (we did go out then and it was really nice and we will do it again, but that aside)
Strange I met a German girl a while a go and I asked her on a date. She responded with the German equivalent of "maybe". Later she said yes and then even more later on she said no because 'she has a boyfriend'

That was evil of her.

Crazycat690

Aug 31, 2009
- I prefer playing when the sun is shining, even though I'm inside and sometimes close the drapes to prevent sunlight from reflecting on the TV-screen. Practically, it should be better to play when the sun isn't shining, but to me it... uhm, feels better?
- When I paint or draw I can't wait to finish it, so I more often than not rush it. I wish I had the patience to make it more detailed and stuff but I've been told that this gives all my paintings and drawings a unique look, this was IMO the best compliment I've ever received.
- I apparently have a need to put at least 3 things on a list like this.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Luca72 said:
I seem to get intense bursts of creativity and motivation when everyone around me is asleep.
I get this a lot. During the day, I like to just sit there browsing the Internet or playing games, but at night I love cracking open a project I have and just jumping right into it.

I love clicking while I'm on my PC. Sometimes, when talking to someone, I'll leave the computer on the desktop and just randomly click the background. If I do click an icon, I then have to click the Recycle Bin, then on the desktop background to make it feel "right" again.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
I never step on cracks.
If I am in a situation where I am forced to step on cracks, I must look so I cannot see the floor.
I have to walk across 2 drain covers in a row.
I cannot walk across 3 drain covers in a row.
I can only use the cutlery with holes in.

That's all I can think of for now.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Just like the OP I have this language thing. I write in English on forums and there are a few friends and some acquaintances that speak English and most of my books are in English, but English is just a small part of my life. Still I often think in English and remember conversations that weren't in English as if they were in English.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Realitycrash said:
As a result, I have an odd habit of changing language mid-sentence when talking Swedish to someone,
I'm a Finn and in the parts I live most people speak fluent Swedish, Finnish and English so this is something pretty normal with my friends except with 3 languages :p

Other than that I don't know...

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
Brushes. I can't stand them. There's something about them, the look, the sound, that sends a shiver down my spine. Similar to hearing nails on a chalkboard (which I'm ironically just fine with).

It means I have to have an electric toothbrush so the sensation doesn't seem too much like brushing. Oh and I can't listen to someone else brushing their teeth, it's horrifying.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
I really really like myself a good tree. By that, I mean something relatively large and old that has developed an amazing spontaneous complexity. This also generally means that it's good for climbing. My favourite would probably be Oak trees, there's a whole load of them near my house that are quite developed and we used to have a large one in the garden until it got cut down.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
TizzytheTormentor said:
Chairman Miaow said:
I never step on cracks.
This, I can never bring myself to do it!

What about this?

I also cannot step on the gravel in these types of walkways!
I have a set of stepping stones in my garden that don't cover the whole route. It's really difficult to get through my garden...

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Eddie the head said:
I like to shower in the dark.
I used to shower in my sleep and therefore in the dark.

Everything I see has to be in some kind of order, doesn't matter if it's messy, just has to have an order about it.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
If I am ever in a group for something and they are all people I do not know, I will give each of them a different name and then see how long it takes for people to work it out.

College was the best, I was in a class of 14 and they were all new to me so I told each of them my name was different. That was 4 years ago, and to this day, one guy still thinks my name is Steve. It's not.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
- When hanging clothes on the line to dry, each item must have the same colour pegs on it.
- I always run, never walk when going up stairs.
- Some of the lights in my house have multiple on/off switches. These switches must remain in sync i.e. the one that was used to turn it on must always be the one used to turn it off.
- I feel naked leaving the house without one of my flat-caps on.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
A few more:

I do loads of stuff in my sleep. I have sleep eaten, had a bath, talked, held conversations, even chased after my sister because "I was late for school and she had stolen my dog." or something like that.

I also always go on all fours up stairs.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
When I'm on the phone, I have to pace up and down or else it feels really weird.
I never use my little finger when I play the guitar, I've learnt to get by without ever using it.
If I'm stood still waiting for a bus or something, I slowly rotate my body on the spot.
I hate just walking up stairs, I have to run.

I'm sure there's dozens more but you can never think of all of them at once.