Weird things you catch yourself doing while immersed in a game

FleaJr

Sep 17, 2008
If i'm sitting on the floor, I either; sit up really straight or put my chest as close to the ground as possible (to the extent where i'm almost bent double if i'm sitting cross legged)

\i often find myself alternating between the two, although I only noticed it when friends pointed it out.
Weird huh?

Batfred

Nov 11, 2009
I use to start playing Resi or Silent Hill in the dark to get the atmosphere etc. but by the time I had finished, the light would be on. No one else was in, I don't remember doing it, but yet I must have gotten scared, got up and decided that not playing in the dark was a better idea.

Also when on a kill spree, I am told that my nostrils flare!

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I talk quite a bit when I'm frustrated and occasionally when I'm not. When I finally beat an enemy that's given me far too much trouble, I usually extend my middle finger or exclaim, "It's about damn time."

Oddly enough, pretty much the only aspect of my life in which I don't live up to my username is gaming. Imagine that.

lvl9000_woot

Oct 30, 2009
mr Awsome said:
lvl9000_woot said:
mr Awsome said:
i stand on one leg, raise my arms into the air, press all the wrong buttons all while singing "she'll be comin' 'round the mountain" 5 times...

only if i get really into the game
That is soo weird...I do that too! :)
funny...i didnt think it was common lol
Well, it's not. But I also jump on my unicycle and juggle a few large knives while singing.

Sigel

Jul 6, 2009
I play video games when no one is home now because I have the embarrassing habit of yelling, berating,insulting, and yes,talking, to and at the game I am playing. In kinda but not really, my defense, I play RPG's so I tend to be with a game for a hundred hours or more. I will also admit after hearing one phrase from a NPC over and over and over again, I start to lose it a little. A good example (and brownie points to anyone who guess it)-"Enchantment?"

mindclockwork

Jul 17, 2008
if it's really intense cutscene i sometimes tend to eat my nails...

and if it's flying game, i tend to try "look at the edge" of monitor to see whats in left of me

NIHILHATE

Aug 21, 2009
I once found myself Death growling(?) along to Take On Me on Saint's Row 2. My Sister was giving me a really funny look...

Drone89

Nov 22, 2009
According to my friend's girl friend, I tend lose all facial expression when playing video games with my friends.

She was watching four of us play one day, apparently we all look really funny. One of us mouths the buttons he hits, another makes weird expressions, and the last does a weird twitchy movement when something happens.

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
Valiance said:
I used to dodge to the left and right while playing flight sims.

I actually used to put on my grandfather's old flight helmet and jacket when playing raptor: call of the shadows...

Shit was kinda cool.
Damn I'm relieved. I thought I was the only one that ducked when I saw missile contrails flash over my cockpit.

Also, I tend to yell out a lot, usually there's a bunch of certain phrases that I go through. For example if I'm playing an RPG such as Dragon Age or Mass Effect and the party comes to a room, I yell out "Get ready for take down!" or when I see them on my minimap before I spot them, "Bogies on the HUD".

The worst for this is Great Naval Battles of the North Atlantic. Every time I'll yell out my orders, even though the game has no voice recog. "Course 245, make turns for 25 knots" or when I open fire "Let fly!" and "Come on you bastards! Give us a hit!" And since I always play as the British, I yell with an English accent.

Oh yeah, that's BAD..

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
Me and my buddies on GOW/Army of Two.

if you closed your eyes and heard us you would swear we were in the army with the tactics lingo we toss around.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
I tend to bite my lip or make goofy faces when I'm concentrating. I know I'm doing it when my girlfriend starts laughing for no other reason.

X72391

Mar 19, 2009
When I played Portal the first time I talked to the Companion Cube for like 5 minutes while I completed that level.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Sometimes I start talking to the in-game characters to make them pull the heads out of their asses and focus.

Cylem

Feb 27, 2009
I hold my breath during tense moments, but other than that, I'm a vegetable while playing games. xD

...Sometimes the breath-holding makes me light-headed, though...

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
On Morrowind, I always look out of the window when lightning strikes on the game.
You too, huh :)
I was playing Morrowind once while it was dark and rainy irl as well as the game. I was so into the game that when the thunderclap came I jumped up and looked outside to check whether it happened in-game or just outside my window.

As for other weird things I do: I make weird facial expressions whenever I'm mauling someone good in games like Chronicles of Riddick, Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, Ninja Gaiden..
I also talk a lot of smack usually while doing the expressions, but I assume a lot of people do that.

Eatbrainz

Mar 2, 2009
In games like oblivion i actively give commentary for my character's thoughts (watch Freeman's Mind on youtube to se what i mean)

also i get the most common sign of all, tilting the controller in a racing game, i dont mean just the Wii either.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
If an enemy has just gone out of sight, I sometimes tend to lean my neck slightly to the side and analyse the area.

Rakkana

Nov 17, 2009
When ever i jump of a high place i feel like I'm falling... when i fall my ears move and start to wiggle. I think my ears are trying hard to fly away. One day i might be able to fly with them... with training of course.

mr Awsome

Jul 27, 2009
lvl9000_woot said:
mr Awsome said:
lvl9000_woot said:
mr Awsome said:
i stand on one leg, raise my arms into the air, press all the wrong buttons all while singing "she'll be comin' 'round the mountain" 5 times...

only if i get really into the game
That is soo weird...I do that too! :)
funny...i didnt think it was common lol
Well, it's not. But I also jump on my unicycle and juggle a few large knives while singing.
ahhhhh i have a half brother that does that. i find it odd that he can juggle knives while pressing buttons on a controller and STILL get the high score...hmm...