Weirdest saving you know of?

Auninteligentname

Jun 12, 2011
Not entierly sure what I shall call it, but whats the weirdest saving you know of? Location, method, or lines being said while saving? Mine is in Dragon Quest: The journey of the cursed king, as there you have to go to a church and confess. I still find it funny everytime I save. So what is the weirdest you know of?

(First thread I've made BTW)

cke

Jun 20, 2010
GTA2 made you visit a church to save as well.

"My grandmother could beat the game if she saved as much as you do!" -Dude from Postal 2

Nothing else comes to mind...

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
In No More Heroes you save the game by going to the bathroom.

Edit: Curse you ninja! Curse yooooooouuuuuuuu!!!!!

glyphseeker

Sep 19, 2010
not really strange but in Cave story you save by messing with a spinning red floppy disk

i guess it would be strange if you've not lived long enough to know what a floppy disk is but that's beside the point

Esotera

May 5, 2011
The weirdest I can think of is in Harvest Moon: Back to Nature. Everytime you want to save you have to go to your bedroom to sleep, thus skipping a whole day of farming. Possibly the worst save feature ever to be in a game, excluding games that don't let you create manual saves and use checkpoints instead.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
Breath of Fire II - telling the story of your journey to a Dragon God statue or a priest.

Obscure - burning a CD

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance - writing it in a book

Gindil

Nov 28, 2009
Auninteligentname said:
Not entierly sure what I shall call it, but whats the weirdest saving you know of? Location, method, or lines being said while saving? Mine is in Dragon Quest: The journey of the cursed king, as there you have to go to a church and confess. I still find it funny everytime I save. So what is the weirdest you know of?
Know what's funny? That reminds me of Breath of Fire 2 where you can save to the Dragon God or save in a church.

Then you learn more about the church's intentions...

TheFinalFantasyWolf

Dec 23, 2010
The Silent Hill 2 (and 3 I guess) ones kinda freaked me out. I thought something went wrong when the character complained of a headache and the whole screen flashed red.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Going to the bathroom in Dead Rising. That is the funniest, the stupidest way to save that I remember recently was Alpha Protocol and it's forced checkpoint system.