Weirdest unneccesarry things you do in games.

Nabirius

Dec 29, 2009
For me when I play a game like Mass Effect or Dragon Age I make my character's class and abilities consistent with how I play the character. For example I've been replaying Mass Effect 1 and I decided to make my character a Sentinel, and for my bonus talent I took an assault rifle to suit the jack-of-all-trades I felt he was. But then I realized something as I was playing, I was constantly donning a barrier and charging my enemies, thus protecting my squad mates, as opposed to the support class I thought I was going to play. So I restarted and decided to be a Colonist-War hero instead of Sole Survivor. I also decided to romance Liara since I was now a protector instead of someone in need of protection.

BryceS62

May 9, 2011
I replay games over and over for the first 8 months of owning my xbox i only had gears of war and assassins cread to play and i completed them both at least 7 times before i got my next game and thats nothing back in the days of the PS2 i complted rachet and clank 2 and 3 a combine total of 57 times

exdeadman

Apr 4, 2011
Tried to beat Super Mario 3 without using the whistles...could get to about World 5 without them.

EDIT: Also try to play RPGs with a party of 1 unless it's an MMO my friends play.

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
i'm always the "lone badass" who need not rely on anyone, and whenever a game FORCES me to be a cautious, tactical thinker, i promptly flip it off and go back to Prototype. Or Bulletstorm. Or Mass Effect. Or Fallout 3/New Vegas. Or Fable. Or Knights of the Old Republic. Or Saints Row. Or GTA. Or Red Dead Redemption. Or Dead Rising. (i could go on.)

i ignore my support squads and anything that has nothing to do with causing massive amounts of awesome death for my foes.

exdeadman said:
Tried to beat Super Mario 3 without using the whistles...could get to about World 5 without them.
i got to the last world, last level without them.

but that game is fucking me up the ass beyond that. it's not called nintendo hard for no reason...

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
I am always sure to break every single crate and barrel in the area (even when it's relatively pointless to do so)
also, any game that gives me good physics control. I will build a staircase out of random crap and go to areas I was not meant to get to.

OutforEC

Professional Amateur
Jul 20, 2010
Play MMOs solo. I can't help it, I just don't like being saddled with unecessary concerns like team/guildmates. It's completely unecessary since I have a crap-ton of friends in most games I play, but I like the freedom of playing how and when I want. Unfortunately it means I'm gated from most high-level content and don't level nearly as fast as everyone else, but I enjoy the journey none-the-less.

whtkid6969

Jul 11, 2010
Something i did in COD after my internet being down for about 48 hours was i tried to not die. If i DID Die, then i would have to restart the entire the entire thing. I was on Vetern. I was in tears of joy when i finally got it. I must admit that the ending was a crap-load better after that much work.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
I was forced to play Halo Reach Co-op the other day. I found it so terribly boring and so much like halo 3 that I decided to just pistol or rifle butt everyone I saw. Except for that spaceship part of course.

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
Hmmm...does reloading after EVERY kill count?

I've challenged my self to complete a game of Skirmageddon Firefight on Reach using only a Magnum. If those damn Skirmishers would sit still for half a second...

I've tried to complete a level of Dynasty Warriors without assistance. No backup, no allies. Just me against everyone. I just sit in my camp and spam the Y and B buttons until all the enemy officers are defeated or I kill EVERYBODY. The counter maxes at 9999.

G Skunk

Apr 19, 2010
Probably arranging Mini-Nukes in tasteful patterns on my bookshelf in Fallout 3. Or perhaps the collecting of lawn gnomes. It's critical these gnomes be intact.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
I call heavy or frivolous reliance on the gun in Ace Combat 5 and Zero wasteful conservation in some instances, because missiles are far easier to use in combat. Some missions have inordinately large amounts of enemies, and your only choice is to conserve. However it's wasteful when a disproportionate amount of missiles are left unspent compared to a large usage of the gun, which means you probably spent a lot of time trying to line up a shot when it already was in missile lock.

Getting creative with the gravity gun probably also qualifies, seeing as I completed the infamous One Free Bullet achievement (complete Half-Life 2 Episode 1 using exactly only one bullet, free usage of grenades, melee and explosives allowed) in one sitting without dying.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
I dont wear helmets in RPG as i think it looks ridiculous as i just imagine the other characters saying "sorry what i can not understand a word your saying take off that stupid helmet when your talking"

The remove helmet option in cutscenes i felt is such a good idea.

Also i do not trust game worlds to hold my stuff so i carry around every last useful item around with me that can cause some problems when i come across a new weapon or armour.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Ratchet&Clank 1 and 2. Wrench-only, except where this is actually impossible.

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Bear with me, this one is odd. If it's possible in the game to determine the difference between the 2 bathrooms, I will always avoid going in to the girl's bathroom until (as it was in Metal Gear Solid) it becomes appearant that you have to before continuing thru the story.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
The Apothecarry said:
Hmmm...does reloading after EVERY kill count?
Well, I don't go quite that far but I do something similar. After every firefight, I go and reload all of my weapons.

Even the melee weapons. -_-

Fiend13

Apr 15, 2010
Keeping companions alive and happy that i hate (cause you might need them later). Im looking at you Merrill.