Weirdest unneccesarry things you do in games.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
When playing either Fallout 3 or New Vegas, I'd occasionally go up to enemies I'd just killed and shoot each one in the head with a pistol, kind of like a calling card. Sometimes I'd hack the bodies apart with a bladed weapon, or drag the bodies into a pile then set them on fire.

Once when playing Fallout 3, I killed all of the vampire people (including Lucy's brother), cut off their heads and dumped them into a flaming trashcan

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
In Fallout 3, I also have a habit of taking on lone enemies with my bare fists and a pathetic unarmed skill.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Gigatoast said:
Spamming quicksave like every 5 seconds, even when there's no enemies around. God forbid I die and have to walk an extra 3 feet.
Definitely this...and also:

Pretty much anything to do with my house/room in Fallout 3. I had to collect certain things to decorate and I'd sit there for as long as it took to set it up properly.

When my husband walked in to the room, asking what I wanted for dinner and I said, "Hold on,...wait,..I have to place this spoon correctly on the table..." And then when he came back to ask again and I was then setting up the cups,... he was thinking of having me committed. =D

Antisigma

Jun 1, 2011
Brutal Peanut said:

Pretty much anything to do with my house/room in Fallout 3. I had to collect certain things to decorate and I'd sit there for as long as it took to set it up properly.

When my husband walked in to the room, asking what I wanted for dinner and I said, "Hold on,...wait,..I have to place this spoon correctly on the table..." And then when he came back to ask again and I was then setting up the cups,... he was thinking of having me committed. =D

Oh god. SO much. It's kind of dismaying to realize that I haven't shot anything in half an hour because I've been carefully positioning a minigun on the shelf between my gnome statues instead.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Unia said:
In Oblivion I always switch my Dark Brotherhood gear to civilian clothes in towns, despite the fact nobody notes or cares what I wear. I used to have a seperate armor even for just hunting deer in the wilderness because I imagined my superiors would not be happy with me using the sacred tools of the Night Mother for something so trivial.
Yeah I used to do something similar to this. Whenever I went into towns, I switched out of my armour, and started to wear my "normal" clothes. I would also equip a dagger of some sort instead of a big longsword, so I didn't scare off the residents :D

Raognerrrm

Apr 2, 2011
Throwing all the dead bodies and weapons of my victims into haystacks/wells in Assassin's Creed 2/Brotherhood.
I just hate leaving a mess.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Antisigma said:
Brutal Peanut said:

Oh god. SO much. It's kind of dismaying to realize that I haven't shot anything in half an hour because I've been carefully positioning a minigun on the shelf between my gnome statues instead.
;;>_> Not to mention once I got my hands on a chessboard and wanted to set that up JUST right. Gawd help me.

KarlMonster

Mar 10, 2009
kman123 said:
Trying to beat FEAR 2 with only the pistol ATM.
I'm actually curious to find out how far you've gotten. You see, I completed FEAR, XP, and PM, using mostly pistols. Its true they barely gave you enough ammo to do that, and grenades make you a better pistoleer - though the sniper set pieces, and end battles are just stupidly hard. The main reason that you can use pistols throughout the whole game, is that they are actually the most accurate weapon in those games. Its completely backwards from what it should be - but maybe that's what the developers wanted. Anyway, I really don't have the ambition to buy FEAR 2, so I'm kinda curious if its more of the same.

The first time I played DOOM 2, I found the chainsaw right away. I said "YES! I know now; what I must do!" and I finished the level using only the chainsaw, it was glorious!

Or maybe I said: "For TWING-TWANG!" I don't remember exactly...

KarlMonster

Mar 10, 2009
Spygon said:
I dont wear helmets in RPG as i think it looks ridiculous as i just imagine the other characters saying "sorry what i can not understand a word your saying take off that stupid helmet when your talking"
So I was playing Fallen Earth. It's like Fallout 3 but with lots of crafting; you can make your own equipment. My character had nice tatoos, Mohawk hair, and swung a pickaxe for her primary weapon.

In the category 'eyewear', you can construct and wear red-green 3D glasses, but you get a perception penalty while you wear them. So, naturally, I *HAD* to wear these things. "Yeah, you over there, tell me how stupid I look! I dares ya!"

I have waaaaay too much fun with my roleplaying.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
I sometimes play co-op with a friend who feels the need to fire every bullet out of a gun before he switches to another when there aren't any enemies nearby.

CAPTCHA: limited orytNews - But I need to know what is going on with the oryt!

shadowyoasis

Feb 8, 2008
I sometimes spend obscene amounts of time on seperate save files in which I've done nothing but commit mass genocide. I believe this is the sole reason for prototypes existence, as I believe I have never finished that game, but managed to kill everyone at least 200 times.

The amount of hours I did this in morrowind were staggering. But also the most fun, and using a bug to create a potion of speed +5000 is great for the lawls and crashing the game apparently.

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
I always try defeat border patrols if possible. I spent hours in Jak 2 and 3 trying to get past the sentry/tentacle. And when I did get past and fall into the minus world, id reload and try from a different angle.

I also like to "test" a game physics engine with my grenades. Damn you Half-Life 2 for making me notice physics!

Je Suis Ubermonkey

Jun 10, 2010
Probably in Fallout 3 when I collected enough stuff to outfit a small army (think the entirety of Megaton and Rivet city with multiple weapons and medium armour). Then I took it all out of my locker and dumped it on the floor. Filled the ground floor of my Megaton house to about knee height, with a lot of clipping.
I also planned to start collecting forks, but couldn't find any : (

Oh and in Medieval II Total War I assassinated the Pope. No particular reason, I just took a disliking to him. Turns out a dozen failed assassination attempts is enough to make the Pope go crazy (he got renamed Pope Eugene the Mad, eventually got killed, and my King became King Louis the Saint shortly afterwards).

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I can't recall any unecessary stupid things I do, I guess I do some but not anything I remember doing. Unconcious stuff you know... gotta ask some of my friends...

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
I roleplay in games like Fallout, Mass Effect, even FEAR. I once didn't use weapons in FEAR since my character was 'too wounded' to carry them, so I used stealth and hand-to-hand. Yeah, I didn't last very long.

Fiad

Apr 3, 2010
In Oblivion I made it a goal to get a copy of every book in the game. Have about 3/4 of them. Also always have a copy of The Lusty Argonian Maid on my character. Why? No clue.

kibbitz2000

Sep 26, 2010
Every character in every RPG I play must be leveled equally. If there is a hierarchy where someone is a designated leader, said person is allowed to be no more than a level higher, unless it's a game design thing (guests with 10 level on the average, etc.)

TheFinalFantasyWolf

Dec 23, 2010
KINGDOM HEARTS 2 : This first time I played it, I completed the entire game without ever upgrading, any of my abilities. I killed every enemy using the basic attacks your given at the start. (I never leveled my abilities up, plus I never used my "Drives" or "Summons")

LOL I didn't know there was an upgrade system (silly me.....I should have listened more carefully :S). I only realised the second time round XD.

The game got much easier after that lol.