Welcome to Fallout town: What do you do now?

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Jedamethis said:
Baldry said:
Jedamethis said:
Baldry said:
Jedamethis said:
Baldry said:
Jedamethis said:
Baldry said:
I'd save the game, don't want to die! Anyway as fair as help goes I'm fairly adaptable, I know a bit of survival and could probably be trained in guns to help defend our fine home. But after a while I'd probably begin exploring and return some day, find the town destroyed and go find the fuckers that killed you all extracting revenge and dying in blaze of glory!
Jedamethis said:
Sneak through the Wastes until I can find a town, then steal everything that isn't nailed down and sell it. Repeat until I have enough for a gun. Then see where I can find a silenced sniper rifle. Then sit in a tower and be loved by one and all for shooting passing wildlife and defending the town.
Well according to my story you did a piss poor job of defending the town son!
What? Dad, I was with you exploring the whole time! I've only got a shitty varmint rifle, but I hear you can buy all kinds of stuff up in North Vegas/Down in Rivet City, so I asked to make a detour! Honestly dad, you need to lay off the mentats. You can barely concentrate on one thing at a time unless you've had a handful. :/
[small][small]Rassa frassa![/small][/small] Get over it ya' jet fiend, your addiction nearly got us killed when we were hunting those damn Deathclaws, that and the fact we missed the Alpha at the end of the canyon.
But dad, it helps smooth everything over! I saved us both when I shot the Mother Deathclaw 5 times in the face before it saw us! At least I have enough money and sense to know when I'm addicted and go see the doctor. Humph.

xXxJessicaxXx said:
Find the biggest baddest mofo with the most guns and marry him. :D

I'd be pretty useless myself but I'm pretty good with technology and mechanics. I have a History BA and a computer science BSc
Afternoon luv. *doffs cap* ;D
I'm not quite the baddest mofo, I love my mum and protect the town. But I'm a dab hand at shooting things in the face from a distance, shooting things in the torso from a distance, and cooking!
Sorry don't mind the boy, he's a sex pest!

And as for you boy you only have the money I gave you and I'm not addicted, they help! Think of me as Father Elijah just less tech' know how and less "I want to kill everyone" mentality! And you say you protect this town but last time I checked it was on fire!
Oh no I'm not! I'm a take to dinner and then marry the shit out of pest!

And the money I got while you were busy 'haggling' with that shopkeeper for some more mentats. I cleaned the whole town out while you were trying to form logical sentences!
Oh yeah go marrying random strangers, I thought I raised you better back in the Vault!

Oh well at least I don't go around stealing from our friends and have the common courtesy to wait till they're dead!
But I need somebody to keep my gun working! Hurhur, accidental double entendre. ^^

Pff. Since when was old Mrs. Frost our friend? We all knew we'd have killed each other and nicked their stuff years ago if we weren't so evenly matched and she didn't have a Laser RCW.
And yeah, you wait until the bullet you just shot hits them in the groin and then you take thir stuff. At least I only take what I need, leaving them alive with a good chance of survival!
You can handle that yourself!

Please you betrayed me and help the shit out of her, I would've died if not for my Awesomeitis! And I only kill the baddies, don't lie to me monkey man!

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Baldry said:
Jedamethis said:
Baldry said:
Jedamethis said:
Baldry said:
Jedamethis said:
Baldry said:
Jedamethis said:
Baldry said:
I'd save the game, don't want to die! Anyway as fair as help goes I'm fairly adaptable, I know a bit of survival and could probably be trained in guns to help defend our fine home. But after a while I'd probably begin exploring and return some day, find the town destroyed and go find the fuckers that killed you all extracting revenge and dying in blaze of glory!
Jedamethis said:
Sneak through the Wastes until I can find a town, then steal everything that isn't nailed down and sell it. Repeat until I have enough for a gun. Then see where I can find a silenced sniper rifle. Then sit in a tower and be loved by one and all for shooting passing wildlife and defending the town.
Well according to my story you did a piss poor job of defending the town son!
What? Dad, I was with you exploring the whole time! I've only got a shitty varmint rifle, but I hear you can buy all kinds of stuff up in North Vegas/Down in Rivet City, so I asked to make a detour! Honestly dad, you need to lay off the mentats. You can barely concentrate on one thing at a time unless you've had a handful. :/
[small][small]Rassa frassa![/small][/small] Get over it ya' jet fiend, your addiction nearly got us killed when we were hunting those damn Deathclaws, that and the fact we missed the Alpha at the end of the canyon.
But dad, it helps smooth everything over! I saved us both when I shot the Mother Deathclaw 5 times in the face before it saw us! At least I have enough money and sense to know when I'm addicted and go see the doctor. Humph.

xXxJessicaxXx said:
Find the biggest baddest mofo with the most guns and marry him. :D

I'd be pretty useless myself but I'm pretty good with technology and mechanics. I have a History BA and a computer science BSc
Afternoon luv. *doffs cap* ;D
I'm not quite the baddest mofo, I love my mum and protect the town. But I'm a dab hand at shooting things in the face from a distance, shooting things in the torso from a distance, and cooking!
Sorry don't mind the boy, he's a sex pest!

And as for you boy you only have the money I gave you and I'm not addicted, they help! Think of me as Father Elijah just less tech' know how and less "I want to kill everyone" mentality! And you say you protect this town but last time I checked it was on fire!
Oh no I'm not! I'm a take to dinner and then marry the shit out of pest!

And the money I got while you were busy 'haggling' with that shopkeeper for some more mentats. I cleaned the whole town out while you were trying to form logical sentences!
Oh yeah go marrying random strangers, I thought I raised you better back in the Vault!

Oh well at least I don't go around stealing from our friends and have the common courtesy to wait till they're dead!
But I need somebody to keep my gun working! Hurhur, accidental double entendre. ^^

Pff. Since when was old Mrs. Frost our friend? We all knew we'd have killed each other and nicked their stuff years ago if we weren't so evenly matched and she didn't have a Laser RCW.
And yeah, you wait until the bullet you just shot hits them in the groin and then you take thir stuff. At least I only take what I need, leaving them alive with a good chance of survival!
You can handle that yourself!

Please you betrayed me and help the shit out of her, I would've died if not for my Awesomeitis! And I only kill the baddies, don't lie to me monkey man!
But I'd have to practice and learn how everything works and that takes ages.

Dad, that was a dream you had when you hit your head falling off the toilet! You told me all about it in vividly disturbing detail while I was having breakfast.

Buleet

Feb 21, 2010
i will be "that guy".
The dude that helps out pretty much everywhere, does not say much and lacks any kind of expertise in anything.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
I'd get myself a nice leather jacket, gas mask, and riot gear.
Then I'd go out and scavenge large assortments of weapons from the remnants of factories and military outlets.
I'd then set up a store that buys, sells, and maintains weapons.
With enough money, I'd hire more guards to protect my wares, I'd procure machinery to produce more parts, and eventually I'd become the new Gun Runners of the Wasteland.

Oh, and I'd supply the army/guards of the town with weapons at discount prices as long as they're ordered in bulk :)

Fwee

Sep 23, 2009
I'd just do like I do every time I play Fallout: get insanely rich selling cigarettes.

Bloedhoest

Aug 11, 2011
TestECull said:
Bloedhoest said:
TestECull said:
8: The wasteland is a dangerous place, so your cars must be able to withstand gunfire while protecting you. You will therefore run through a gauntlet of raiders. Points will be deducted for every wound inflicted, and awarded for every bullet deflected.
Lol, making a door out of bent tin cans.

loool, I could see Jezza roaming the wasteland as a ghoul with a bunch of tin cans and nuka bottles as a door on a Corvega.
Go away honey badgers!

Suicida1 Midget

Jun 11, 2011
Caravan guard and freelance merc. Dont really care about the whole town idea. Dont like the crazies who wanna rule cuase they dont...er cant do anything else. Guess that makes me a prick. At least i am happy with my combat shotgun and laser rifle.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I'd hire several armed bodyguards to help me head out and map the wasteland, while keeping a day-to-day journal.

ardencabbel

Sep 1, 2011
xXxJessicaxXx said:
ardencabbel said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
ardencabbel said:
Limited run of publications until I can get a chemist to help me figure out how to make molerat blood into sustainable ink.
I think you can make a decent ink out of soot and animal glues. However it does make the paper brittle after a long time. The bark on the burnt out trees might be another option for ingredients although I'd imagine that's hardly less sooty :p

I only know this becuase of studying history rofl.
Brittle paper might not be too much of an issue. As society progresses in the wasteland, better papers and inks can be worked on. And it creates a collector base for people that took the time to preserve all those 'First Runs'.
Well it's only after a really long time that it starts to corrode the paper so I'm sure that it would serve it's purpose for how long you need it to :p You need acid to make animal glues I think but assuming there is water, salt and electricity around that shouldn't be a problem. I'd imagine Nuka Cola would work as an acid aswell if it's any like Coke.
I like it! And keeping with the naming theme of the wasteland, I could call the newspaper the Nuka Cola News!

tanithwolf

For The Epic Tanith Wolf
Mar 26, 2009
Stephen O said:
tanithwolf said:
Well I'm Irish so I'm instantly qualified to run the local saloon, where I shall gather information on everyone and sell it for caps. Especially if your some kind of lone wanderer. For more information follow this link: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Colin_Moriarty

Edit: There will also be a sign up saying "People caught crouching, will be shot".
I'm scottish, so I'd be your greatest customer.
In that case how would you like a live in job, you'd just have to be exposed to vast quantitys of radiation first. And of course you'd have to have a new name to go with that new look, how about a good strong name like Gob, everyone likes Gob.

ardencabbel

Sep 1, 2011
Dango said:
I'd hire several armed bodyguards to help me head out and map the wasteland, while keeping a day-to-day journal.
Need a publisher for that map? And a revised copy of that journal (gotta change names to protect the innocent and all that) could make a pretty popular reading piece for citizens of the wastes!

(Edited: Spell check can't fix correctly spelled typos)

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
ardencabbel said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
ardencabbel said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
ardencabbel said:
Limited run of publications until I can get a chemist to help me figure out how to make molerat blood into sustainable ink.
I think you can make a decent ink out of soot and animal glues. However it does make the paper brittle after a long time. The bark on the burnt out trees might be another option for ingredients although I'd imagine that's hardly less sooty :p

Brittle paper might not be too much of an issue. As society progresses in the wasteland, better papers and inks can be worked on. And it creates a collector base for people that took the time to preserve all those 'First Runs'.
Well it's only after a really long time that it starts to corrode the paper so I'm sure that it would serve it's purpose for how long you need it to :p You need acid to make animal glues I think but assuming there is water, salt and electricity around that shouldn't be a problem. I'd imagine Nuka Cola would work as an acid aswell if it's any like Coke.
I like it! And keeping with the naming theme of the wasteland, I could call the newspaper the Nuka Cola News!
We would have to be careful of the radiation levels given off by the ink due to it's ingredients but I'm guessing it might be marginal compared to the atmospheric radiation of the post nuclear wasteland. :p

I just realised I'd be Moira Brown wouldn't I....well shit. *strokes mustache of science*

Shifty Tortoise

Sep 10, 2008
damndaewoo said:
I'm a mechanic, and even though there aren't any cars in the fallout universe I refuse to believe that not one single vehicle survives nuclear apocalypse so I'd be setting up Junk town motors.

Also not too bad in the wilderness, no Bear Gryls (or however it's spelt) but I can get by so I'd be able to scavenge parts/gas/vehicles from the nearby area.

Don't know if I'd actually be able to shoot someone though, unless they were trying to kill me.
No cars in the Fallout 3 world at least, there's one in Fallout 2 though. And there's always the Vertibirds :D

I think i'd probably be killed and cannibalised in the Fallout world if i'm quite honest. If by some freak accident i survive all attempts on my life, i'd build mansions and castles out of corrugated iron and other junk for all the citizens of the town... They will be deadly death traps, i'm no architect.

Smokej

Nov 22, 2010
1)get alot of jet, psycho, mentats and nuka cola
2)travel to New Vegas
3)????
4)profit!!!

ardencabbel

Sep 1, 2011
xXxJessicaxXx said:
ardencabbel said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
ardencabbel said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
ardencabbel said:

We would have to be careful of the radiation levels given off by the ink due to it's ingredients. :p
Offer a subscribers discount at the local clinic (a small advertising fee would be levied of course, unless they were willing to provide health care for newspaper staff) for rad treatments is the easiest way to solve that small issue. But if we are lucky, the newspaper might glow. Nuka Cola News: You can read it in the Dark!

Bran1470

Feb 24, 2010
to tell you the truth i would kill everyone and loot their stuff just how i did while playing fallout

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
ardencabbel said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
ardencabbel said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
ardencabbel said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
ardencabbel said:

We would have to be careful of the radiation levels given off by the ink due to it's ingredients. :p
Offer a subscribers discount at the local clinic (a small advertising fee would be levied of course, unless they were willing to provide health care for newspaper staff) for rad treatments is the easiest way to solve that small issue. But if we are lucky, the newspaper might glow. Nuka Cola News: You can read it in the Dark!
We could use Nuka Cola Quantum for special editions :D I think it would glow then rofl. Especially if we used Nuka Lurk parts for the glue xD