Welcome to The Escapist Channels

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
Hmmm not bad. I don't like the choice of yellow for the Movies & TV tab, the white text doesn't show very well, a darker yellow more like gold or orange would work better. The gray gradient on the drop down sub menus should be a little longer too, again the white texts blends too much, makes these things hard to read & I'm not entirely sure everyone knows that there is a 'general" drop down menu under the Escapist logo... maybe make that a little more prominent. Those are just a few nit picks from a graphic designer. Overall I do like it though.

BrainWalker

Aug 6, 2009
Well this should work well for all those people who said "What does this have to do with videogames?" in the forum topic on every single article that wasn't about video games.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
I don't get how Yahtzee's column is in comics and cosplay not videogames??? Other than that it's ok i guess.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
ok, anyone know how I can get an up to date list of ALL videos that have been released recently, like you used to be able to just by selecting one option on the front page?

zerragonoss

Oct 15, 2009
Alfador_VII said:
ok, anyone know how I can get an up to date list of ALL videos that have been released recently, like you used to be able to just by selecting one option on the front page?
webkilla said:
I'm going to be honest here:

Because when I want a complete list of the latest news... now I have to check five seperate pages. The same for videos. I find that an inconvenience.
The escapist logo at the top is basically the everything tab, It is almost functionally identical to the old site design. So much so that I did not even notice the new redesign till after I saw this article.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Alfador_VII said:
You can still get to it in one click from the front page. Hover over The Escapist logo and click on Videos in the dropdown menu. Voila.

Greg Tito

Sep 29, 2005
Darth Sea Bass said:
I don't get how Yahtzee's column is in comics and cosplay not videogames??? Other than that it's ok i guess.
The channels are not mutually exclusive, so when Yahtzee mentions a TV show or a comic book character (like he does with Spider-Man in this week's column) Extra Punctuation will show up in those channels in addition to video games.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Is there any chance at all to re-implement the contextual mouse-over of different stories/articles/reviews/etc depending on what 'channel' you place your cursor over at the homepage?

I used that to skip any content I wasn't interested in and worked well. Now I have to open new tabs to access a channel and then pick out stories/articles/reviews/etc that I may have already read at a previous juncture instead of simply 'mousing over' and checking what is new, then opening all the interesting stories into new tabs.

I just find the old system better to be honest, but I may no longer have to do that with the splitting up of content based on subject material. We shall see, I supose.

thetoddo

May 18, 2010
I'll happily check this out when I get home from work and don't have to use the company's IE. Right now none of the text is lining up with the graphics on the front page and the news feed on the left of the homepage won't load at all. Kind of makes work surfing impossible, which makes me sad.

Matthi205

Mar 8, 2012
While this seems to be a bit obtuse for me to navigate, it still works and doesn't use flash player primarily so I guess I'm okay with it.

However, it looks like ass on 1280x1024 monitors. the top menu items are on different rows and the color bars above them don't match up anymore.

Greg Tito

Sep 29, 2005
Matthi205 said:
While this seems to be a bit obtuse for me to navigate, it still works and doesn't use flash player primarily so I guess I'm okay with it.

However, it looks like ass on 1280x1024 monitors. the top menu items are on different rows and the color bars above them don't match up anymore.
Hey Matthi,

Try zooming in to 100% on your browser. Does that help? If not, can you let us know some details about what browser you are using and we'll track down the display bug. Thanks!