Well developed characters

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Suprisingly, search bar came up with nothing.

This can cover anything, books, films ,games.

I'll get the ball rolling with Ezio from Assassins Creed II.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Sita from "The Last Vampire". You are given real insight into her reasoning and personality throughout the series.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood

If you've seen the movie, you'll agree with me.

"I. Drink. Your. MILKSHAKE!"

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Calumon, Jack and Calumon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Jack+and+Calumon]

or pretty much every discworld character

WINDOWCLEAN2

Jan 12, 2009
enzilewulf said:
Winters from Band of brothers, but I love all his performances in his movies.
This definatley, Band of Brothers manages to develop a full cast in just 12 episodes. True TV genius.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
GLaDOS. Not in the sense that she had a believable backstory that fitted well with the storyline, but in that she was simply a fantastically written AI character. Most end up simply being humans with the occasional computer-related joke flung in. GLaDOS was different in that her justification for her goals were perfect for the role she was written to fill.

AceAngel

May 12, 2010
Most movies from Scorsese (SP?) I used to hate Leonardo D.C. for his arrogance and generally 'girls run to me' looks, but after things like the Departed and a few others, he grew on me.

So yeah, anything by Big Mr. S is fine with me.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Yennick said:
I like it better when characters are undeveloped and left somewhat abstract. I think the current obsession with "character development", as some kind of goal that all writers (or in the case game writers) should strive towards, is a rather bunk notion.
A character has traits that bring them to life. How do they act, speak, look or think. Development or lack thereof tells us other aspects about the character in how they react to events in the work. If they remain static that can be fine depending on your feelings of someone holding same views and values over course of time and events. So, the structure of the story comes into play,a short story, a novel or a series all have different demands on expectations of character development.

An interesting point though.

Elesar

Apr 16, 2009
TerribleAssassin said:
I'll get the ball rolling with Ezio from Assassins Creed II.
Damn, you took mine. I'll restrict mine to games, since if I was allowed to do anything, we'd be here allllll day. And Snake from MGS3 comes to mind, alongside Nathan Drake and James Sunderland.

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
Gman from the Half-Life series.
The Joker from The Dark Knight.
Max From Where the Wild Things Are.

Aerter

Dec 12, 2009
Jango Fett in Bounty Hunter on Gamecube.

Then again there wasn't much to develop. He does whatever for money, but shut up!