Well, why did you pick your username?

lazysquirell

Jun 1, 2008
I'm incredibly lazy and I love squirrels also the idea of a squirrel being lazy is humorous to me... Sadly I spelt it wrong but I've since decided that was intentionally unintentional and it's pronounced with emphasis on the 'ell'...

Deathmageddon

Nov 1, 2011
It's like Armageddon, only about five times more intense. It's like if Jesus and Chuck Norris were jousting on the backs of velociraptors, and everything was on fire. And there was an airborne AIDS and/or Super Cancer epidemic.

Xeraxis

Aug 7, 2011
I can't even say where Xeraxis comes from, honestly. It was something I thought of randomly that sounded cool, and decided that it would become my username.

LunaticPanda

Sep 12, 2011
I had played FF8 recently before signing up to steam, I recall I couldn't get LunaticPandora, but panda is so much better.

Edible Avatar

Oct 26, 2011
because i'm a delicious carbon based lifeform with a expiration date of 2/6/2078.

High in Calcium and Sodium and Protein!

Now with Dioxins!

OT: I try to pick the most confusing usernames. For example, on Combat arms my name is BunsMcSlaps

Simonoly

Oct 17, 2011
According to a close group of friends, Simonoly is apparently the name of my evil alter ego who skins and eats babies in a distant fairy tale land. I took it as a complement of sorts and now it's become my username for so many things.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Redlin5 said:
5 is my favorite number. I added it even though it was unnecessary

Lin is the first half of my first name, Red is the first half of my last name.

It rolls off the tongue pretty nicely... Well I think so anyway.
Every time I see your name, I think of this:
<youtube=R2H_FsmxWzc>

OP: I thought this thread occurred before, but thinking again, I think the thread I was thinking about was about avatars, not names. D'oh well.
My name is from my second WoW toon that I made, and the first that I ever put real work into.
I made a Tauren Feral Druid thinking, "Well I want my name to be scary, and I want people to get the impression that I can't ever be stopped... I KNOW!". Having played Starcraft: Brood War, the only name that fit this perfectly, was the Torrasque.
I've been called Torrasque/Torr for the last 3-ish years, and I'm just used to it. Lol, for a while, it was weird whenever someone called me by my real name. But to be fair, I did kind of play WoW a lot =|

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
About a gazillion years ago I was a player (and admin) in an online forum Transformers RPG called Sparkmasters; it was hosted on a long-dead UK site called The Axalon. The game was built around the concept of Energon-afflicted humans developing the ability to morph into sparks that could merge with a Cybertronian shell, thus effectively becoming Transformers.
My character was a sort of cross between twisted scientist and industrial spy called Karl Braxx, and Sonicron was his Transformer shell; basically it was a Soundwave revamp - I even found and reactivated two of the lost Cassetticons. I also remember my PC spearheading the research into the first Destructicon gestalt team, the Assaulticons.
Ah, the nostalgia... :)

SomeBrianDude

Nov 30, 2010
Well my name is Brian, and the rest came from when I was talking to a girl at a party, her friend asked her who I was, "Some Brian dude" was the reply. The birth of a screen name.

MrGseff

Jun 10, 2009
Try to think of a good username. Couldnt do so, ask some friends:

ME: Can you think of a good username for me?
Friend: errrrrrmmmmmm.....
Friend: Sorry bro, nothing comes to mind
Me: Oh well, thanks anyway
Friend: No problem Gseff

You may think I'm joking.... I'm not, this is actually how I got this username

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
Well Carsus was something I pulled out of the ether and I'm fairly sure Tyrell came from Game of Thrones which I was reading at the time of registration and just sorta stuck in my head.

Although with all the backstory and lore there could well be a Carsus Tyrell in the ASoIaF universe.

MintberryCrunch

Aug 20, 2011
This should explain it quite well.

Only the grestest superhero to EVER HAVE LIVED. Ahem. Yeah, I was going through a South Park watching phase at that time, picked MintberryCrunch, and was quite happy that I got a midly comedic and orginal name with no numbers in it.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Torrasque said:
Redlin5 said:

<youtube=R2H_FsmxWzc>
Google always wants to correct me when I google myself, saying "did you mean Redline 5?". Haven't even seen that show :/

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Redlin5 said:
Torrasque said:
Redlin5 said:

<youtube=R2H_FsmxWzc>
Google always wants to correct me when I google myself, saying "did you mean Redline 5?". Haven't even seen that show :/
Ohrly? :O
Dude, you really should check that show out. It is soooooo awesome. Even if you don't like racing anything, the show is saturated with hyperbolized anime stereotypes and hilarity. F Zero X + FLCL = Redline.

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
Cyfu is what you get when you try every nickname you can think of and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM is already taken, and in anger you smash your face to the keyboard.