Well, why did you pick your username?

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
Hit my keyboard a few times randomly when I was struggling to come up with a good username for some web browser game years ago. Stuck with me ever since and now I use it everywhere. The good thing about this name is that it's very rarely taken.

Yuki_Seele

Apr 14, 2011
Yuki because thats the nickname my friends gave me, and Seele because i love the organization with the same name from the anime show Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I've used "Atmos" as my mainstay alias for over a decade now (though not my only).
But plain old "Atmos" was taken here (by an account that apparently did nothing, looking at the profile), so I needed a pretentious/cool sounding appendage since I hate tacking on numbers with no real meaning to a name.

ty12004

Feb 24, 2009
Let me regale you with the story of how ty12004 got his name.

It was a dark and stormy night, in the distance a lone crow caws. A young boy sitting on his computer was faced with one of life's great questions... "Enter Neopets Nickname".. Long and hard did that boy think, he thunk and thunk again until he could thunk no more.

Then he used his name and date of birth Ty + 12/04.. goldeneye was cool then to so 004..

That my friends was the birth... of ty12004.

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
My name roughly translates to Holy Hand Grenade in Latin.

OK, so it should technically be Sacrem Pyrobolum Manus but Sacrem Pyrobolum sounds better.

And yes, Pyrobolum means fireball, but it is the closest thing the Romans had!

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Much to my dismay, I used to be an Anne Rice fan as a wee teen. I latched onto the barely-used character of Mael, inverted his name, took to writing it in ALLCAPS because it looks like a cool acronym, and appended my year of birth to it.

As for the "Iam" part, that's to circumvent my forgetting my password for my first version of that alias, which was just LEAM1983. It was basically me going "Hey guys, it's me!" with my then-regular gang of text-based roleplayers.

I have two generic usernames which I tend to use often. If I can't use "LEAM1983" or "IamLEAM1983" for whatever reason, I tend to use "WeaselBiggs", as this is the name of one of the characters I play.

On the off chance that none of the above work, then "rodentmafia" is used instead - which is kind of an indirect callback to Weasel Biggs.

Yeah, I was pretty young. Weasel's original concept was as an anthro weasel dressed like Vincent Vega who happened to be an extremely cliché mobster. I think I'd just played "Conker's Bad Fur Day" or something, when I first designed him. Years passed, my writing and reading chops expanded, and while I can't retcon Weasel out of the board's canon or remove him easily, I have managed to add enough layers of complexity to the guy to make him out to be something other than a GoodFellas reject.

Trooper924

Oct 20, 2011
"Trooper" was the screenname I used when I played Halo with my vo-tech class. The number at the end is my birthday.

Pebblig

Jan 27, 2011
I came across mine because it randomly came up in conversation about 7 years ago, that my Mum was gonna give the name to a cat. The name doesn't exist anywhere as far as I'm aware, and after using it for about a year I found that she spelt it "Peblig" with one b, but I think it looks better with two b's.

Why continue to use it? 'Cos having an obscure name means it's never taken on any game/site/anything. So I like having continuity across all my digital namings.

NoOne852

The Friendly Neighborhood Nobody
Sep 12, 2011
Its a name I use for almost all online accounts. Just kinda a joke in a way, there is no particular reason behind it.

SeeIn2D

May 24, 2011
I chose mine because it's my youtube username and my primary PSN. The actual name is from the Gorillaz "band member" 2D who I think is an awesome character. The actual name is like seeing in 2D instead of 3D. No idea why, I've just liked the name for a while so I plan on sticking with it.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Colour-Scientist said:
Alucard 11189 said:
At the time I was playing Castlevania: Symphony of the night and I was stumped for a username so I decided on Alucard followed by my date of birth. Looking back, I wish I had chosen a more feminine username, but I guess it can't really be helped.
I'm fairly sure you can change your username now.

OP: It's from an electro song by a band called Robots in Disguise. I don't like the song anymore but I kept the username.
I know you can change it, but I have gotten used to it, its rather comforting, like an old pair of slippers so I am keeping it :)

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Alucard 11189 said:
I know you can change it, but I have gotten used to it, its rather comforting, like an old pair of slippers so I am keeping it :)
That's how I am with my avatar. Every time I find something to change it to, I chicken out.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I grew a moustache, was reintroduced to my Sherlock Holmes complete works, and loved the new series of Sherlock...

Also I currently work for and with Americans, and they perceive me as some sort of 19th century gentleman, so I have played to that stereotype, and kind of like it, so deided to reinvent my profile on here!

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
I liked the sound of it, plus I was rather heavily into (mythological) trolls at the time =3

In Swedish its an old-fashioned word for a magical curse, or a word for "little people". Something like that anyway; the internet doesn't have much info on the word =(

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
GamemasterAnthony said:
...because I'm certain we've had threads like this before several times.
Of course we have, butt due to the ever changing population, and the fact that a lot of different people answer each time, AND it hasn't been around for a while, means that it is ok! :D

You could say the same thing about 'Reccomend me some music' threads... but you don't get exactly the same answers each time! In fact I make a point of never posting the same song twice on different threads! :p