Were you born on a holiday?

Zildjin81

Feb 7, 2009
New Years day, *****.

Everyone always had a hangover on my birthday when I was a kid.

ShockValue

Addicted to coffee
May 8, 2008
My birthday's a few days from Halloween, but that's about it. Unless there's an obscure holiday that I don't know about.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Wow, I feel dumb now because I never paid attention to this.

Apparently, my birthday is Australia Day (January 26). From now on, on my birthday, I will go around wishing everyone a Happy Australia Day.

No, I'm not from Australia - but I will demand that everyone around me in the U.S. celebrate this day with me.

My wife's birthday is Halloween. Easy to remember. :D

DoctorNick

Oct 31, 2007
Well, I was born on April 10th, and I don't think that's a holiday that we celebrate here.

Lets see what Wikipedia [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_10] has to say on the matter.

Hm, apparently it's the 100th day of the year, that's pretty cool.

The Titanic set sail on April 10th in 1912.

The Belfast Agreement was signed on April 10th in 1998.

So yeah, no holidays here best I can tell. The most interesting thing about my birthday is that my Moms birthday is on the 10th as well, and my Dads is on the 9th. Having three birthdays in two days really kind of sucks actually.

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
CountFenring said:
I was born on the most important holiday of all, my birthday. It is celebrated all around the world as long as I am there.

Edit:
ElephantGuts said:
Yes, I was born on my birthday. Though I see a few other people already beat me to that punchline. Besides that, I don't think so, unless you know of any obscure holidays on the 29th of January.
No way! I'm on the 28th!
Dude! Me too!

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
I was born on November first which is all saints day, I am not Catholic so I don't place any importance in it.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
My birthday is the start of superplex; the week where we celebrate how awesome I am by doing awesome things knowing they will never compare to my awesome as a sign of humility.

Aschenkatza

Jan 14, 2009
-Stolen from wikipedia
August 10th, not very holidayish
222nd day of the year
"The term "the 10th of August" is widely used by historians as a shorthand for the Storming of the Tuileries Palace on the 10th of August, 1792, the effective end of the French monarchy until it was restored in 1814."

* Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
* Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
* Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
thatstheguy said:
I was born on the 98th day of the year.
DoctorNick said:
Well, I was born on April 10th, and I don't think that's a holiday that we celebrate here.
And I'll form...the head! I was born on the 9th, also known as the 99th day of the year, which I like to refer to as Luftballoon day.