Werewolves and Zombies Invade Champions Online

dwightsteel

Feb 7, 2007
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Me said:
I've still to see anything in Champions that couldn't be added to CoH in a free update.
A free update, indeed...very informed.
Yeah, I'd like to think I am informed. Given the 16 free updates that happened in CoX already.
Like what? pulling the servers and making everything instances?...
Or maybe having the majority of your missions open world instead of thousands of small instances?
Uh, make up your mind. Independence Port to small for you? Perez Park too big?
Pacing the combat like CO, with energy builders and travel powers that don't drain endurance?
So, just removing Enhancement Diversification or removing the drain from travel? Possibly fifteen lines of code.
How about changing the the posture and facial expressions of your toon?
Issue #6, Along Came A Spider.
Or maybe mixing and matching powers instead of just picking archetype and powerset?
Issues 5, 12 and 13.
The only thing about this game that is even remotely similar is the character creation process, which IS in fact like CoX...that is if CoX were on steroids.
Or if it was made by Cryptic...which...Oh yes...
I assure you, I sat and listened to all the stuff that CoX said they couldn't do because of the way their game was hardwired, and I assure you, the only way CoX could become CO is by rewriting their entire game.
I have 1000 hours logged on CoX and possibly the same on the forums. But lets get back to my original statement.

I've still to see anything in Champions that couldn't be added to CoH in a free update.
Show me.
I played all the way up until issue 12, and oddly enough, all the things you claim are in there, I don't seem to remember.

Firstly, the in terms of open world missions, I meant anything beyond hunting missions.

I don't remember ever being able to change postures, and the changes in facial appearances completely changed your characters face.

Also, CoX does require you pick single archetypes and stick to them. So ingrained are those original powersets, that you can't respec them such as you can on CO

By the way, you claimed to be so informed, and yet you claim it would take only 15 lines of code to take away the endurance drain from travel powers.

You've logged in your hours on CoX, so you must remember them talking about how the reason they couldn't make major changes to the abilities (such as color customization), because of the way the abilities were written. For them to make any major changes (such as, say, endurance drain), they'd have to rewrite the entire ability all together. Oh, and by energy builders, I meant actual abilities that recoup your endurance instead of enhancements that allow for less drain.

Have you even played CO? At all even? I played CoH for quite some time, and I can actually say, based on my experience, that they are two vastly different games. It sounds like every opinion you have is based on screenshots and maybe videos.

So back to your original statement?

It's bogus.

Again, you appear to be really uninformed on the subject.

Feb 13, 2008
It took you 5 days to come up with that?

You've missed out on the basics of the isues, you miss out on the fact that the endurance drain was altered after the beta (So reversing it is that easy), colour customization is coming, energy builders could be fixed by stopping the endurance drain that ED created.

I logged 1000 hours+ on CoX and have talked to some of the designers and moderators.

All I asked you to do is show me how Champions Online was better than City of Heroes/Villains and you failed to do that. Consider me unimpressed.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Ollie596 said:
Wait it's out?

*looks for free trial*

Edit - Damn it!
Same. I'm not forking out cash till I get a free trial.

The_root_of_all_evil said:
It took you 5 days to come up with that?

You've missed out on the basics of the isues, you miss out on the fact that the endurance drain was altered after the beta (So reversing it is that easy), colour customization is coming, energy builders could be fixed by stopping the endurance drain that ED created.

I logged 1000 hours+ on CoX and have talked to some of the designers and moderators.

All I asked you to do is show me how Champions Online was better than City of Heroes/Villains and you failed to do that. Consider me unimpressed.
Graphics, a few basic gameplay differences. Aren't they made by the same company too? You really think two super hero themed mmorpg's are going to be supported longterm?

PS: Oh, that Nemesis system of theirs

*has played neither CoX or CO

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Armored Prayer said:
Great. Now everyone's getting into werewolves/Lycanthropes.

I wonder what cliched monster is next.
Ghosts, I know it...
I dread the day.