Wesley Snipes: I'd Make Another Blade Movie

Sinspiration

Mar 7, 2010
Genixma said:
Sinspiration said:
If there's a vampire film that needs to be made, it's Hellsing.
But at least Blade doesn't sparkle like a goddamn fairy..
Yes because all the other American Remakes of Foreign Anything works out so well. The Grudge, Blood, The Ring, Godzilla, The Eye. The The. I cringe at that thought of the American version of the Girl With a Dragon Tattoo.
After Twilight, ANYTHING will do, tyvm.

cjbos81

Apr 8, 2009
If there is a new "Blade" movie, the producers could save everyone some trouble and just sign over Snipes' paycheck to the U.S. treasury.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
unacomn said:
They should team him up with Spider-Man like in the old cartoon. That story ark was awesome!
Except for the fact that they turned him into a white guy for some reason. What the hell was up with that?

And I'm sure Wesley wouldn't mind making another Blade movie... if the cheques lined up correctly.
No, he was still black. Morbius, the guy turned into a vampire by the ray thing that gave Spidey his powers was white and had a similar taste in dark leather coats as Blade.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
The first was a lot of fun, the second needed more Bloodpack but I still enjoyed it quite a lot. I don't remember much of the third one . . . Dominic Purcell was Dracula, the vampire groupies were on the other side and had an even sillier name . . . I'd probably have to watch it again.

Blade versus the Sixteenth Amendment, yeah that one I'll probably skip. I'm not saying a fourth Wesley Snipes movie in the series would be a bad thing, but I'd probably more more likely to go see it with a fresh cast.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
the movie world saw the series as the "ugly step child" or the "kitchen help" of comic book movies
Uh... what? I'd like to know where you got that tidbit of info from. Blade was one of the few comic book superhero movies done... well, fucking awesome (Trinity notwithstanding). I really hope those guys aren't saying that Batman & Robin was a better movie...

Jake Martinez said:
My wife keeps watching that shitty True Blood television show and I keep thinking to myself, "Man, I wish Blade would show up right now and ram a school bus through the faces of all these douches."

I would seriously pay some money to see this.
... and then Blade savagely and awesomely massacres the entire vampire clan of True Blood in one fell swoop.

Does that help? :D

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
higgs20 said:
I was under the impression he was still in prison.
He is. I mention it twice.
Think I heard somewhere tax evaders can usually get day leave to work (assuming the tax evasion wasn't Al Capone-style), so they can pay back their back taxes.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Hungry Donner said:
I'm not saying a fourth Wesley Snipes movie in the series would be a bad thing, but I'd probably more more likely to go see it with a fresh cast.
They tried that with the TV Show.

Didn't work out so well. :/

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Wow, am I out of the loop. I had no idea that Wesley Snipes was in prison.

But yeah, another Blade would be cool. None of them were particularly amazing movies, but they were great for those times when you just wanted to watch a complete badass chop up a bunch of vampires.

Makon

Jul 9, 2008
Hell I'd go see it easily. Sure, the later films went a bit more 'over the rails' maybe, but they were still fun movies to watch. As for Snipes, I watched Tom Cruise films after his couch jumping, I still watch the occasional Nick Cage film (when he makes one even mildly interesting), and they both are a whole lot more 'different' than Snipes' case, so that wouldn't stop me.

Oh, better idea! Stick Blade in the Daybreakers setting. >;D

Jovip

Aug 12, 2010
I'll just throw it out there right now, blade trinity is one of my all time favorite movies. Snipes(Blade) is just a badass in every iteration of the word. Reynolds(hannibal king) had some of my favorite movie lines and is just an amazing wiseass. Jessica biel (He had a daughter?) was hot. and that basically all she was needed to be. and the story was fun and not to serious.. i have no clue how that movie did bad.

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
The Great JT said:
I'd prefer him to be in a remake of Demolition Man, myself. I mean he could still play PHOENIIIIIIIIIIIX!!

What? Demolition Man was awesome.
I loved that film! It was closer to a judge dredd film than the actual judge film. Hang on how about we have Snipes to star in the upcoming Dredd film as Phoenix some dude just cause it would be epic.

OT: I'd love a new Blade film but it would have to have gore level present in the first and missing in the latter to keep up. I'd like to see the Living vampire story arc (a guy got a sample of spidey's blood and experiment on vampire bats and you can cause what happened) with good old spidey, vampires,Kingpin, Demons, Hammerhead, a demonic type (Blade was less involved by now). Heck I think even Doctor Strange helped spidey out in of the set up storties that had some gremlin/goblin type warlock.

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
I loved the Blade series and the Blade Trinity was the best one out of all three. Sure the movie wasn't great but do all of our movies really have to be on the same level as citizen Kane? Hell no, sometimes we just want to see some people get the shit beat out of them by Wesley Snipes.