Westboro cult to protest Elizabeth Edward's funeral.

DocBalance

Nov 9, 2009
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20025205-503544.html

To quote the article itself,

In a statement released on the church's website -- the URL of which, www.godhatesfags.com, gives a pretty good sense of the group -- Westboro accused Edwards of "spewing blasphemy" and mounting a "smash-mouthed assault on His deity."

"Elizabeth Edwards & her faithless husband, John, lightly esteemed what they had. They coveted things that were not theirs - and presumptuously thought they could control God," the statement reads in part.
What. The. F***.

I was in tears when I finished reading this because I was so pissed. So, I submit an open letter to the Westboro Baptist Cult:

Congratulations. Your actions have caused more damage to the image of Christianity than the thrice-cursed Inquisition. I am shamed that I even share a species with you, let alone a religion. But that's not quite true, is it? None of you are Christians. Your hate-filled interpretations and blatant contradictions are simply a perversion of my closely held faith. I can practically smell the white-out that's covering most of your Bibles. You are not crusaders. You are not visionaries. You are not prophets. You're a religious 4chan. But I don't hope you burn in Hell, like you most likely wish that I do. I simply hope that God will show you His powerful love and snap you out of this ridiculous zealotry that demeans us all.

Signed,
The Gentleman.

Discussion: Why in God's name do they do this?

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
They crave attention. IRL trolls are being trolls.

Hey, I have an idea that I'd like to put to a vote to the Christians on this site. All in favor of removing the WBC as an association of Christianity, may I see your hands?

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Somebody died. A family has lost a member. There will be an Elizabeth shaped hole in their life forever.
Those bastards.

AngelSword

Castles & Chemo Founder
Oct 19, 2008
Naheal said:

Hey, I have an idea that I'd like to put to a vote to the Christians on this site. All in favor of removing the WBC as an association of Christianity, may I see your hands?
I don't think any Christian organization recognizes their activities, in any capacity.

BlindTom

Aug 8, 2008
If you let them get to you then you are letting them win. Just don't give the children the attention they crave. Maybe give them a little kiss of forgiveness if you run into one who is the same sex as you.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
I'd drop the 4chan reference, I doubt any of them will understand it. But they are still awful bastards. Its sort of a dream of mine to go to one of those and kick Fred Phelps' head in. I doubt any judge would sentence me to a particularly long time on prison for it, and I feel it would do more good then bad.

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
NeedAUserName said:
I'd drop the 4chan reference, I doubt any of them will understand it. But they are still awful bastards. Its sort of a dream of mine to go to one of those and kick Fred Phelps' head in. I doubt any judge would sentence me to a particularly long time on prison for it, and I feel it would do more good then bad.
Put your money where your mouth is. All I ever hear is "Der gunna get tehir asses kikt DIS time!!" like clockwork whenever the WBC does anything and noone is ever brave enough to do it.

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
Naheal said:

I thought we kicked them out years ago...

Aulleas123

Aug 12, 2009
Yeah, most Christians see them as the Al Queda of our religion. Fundamentalist nutjobs who take the word of the Bible for its exact definition and forgotten the phrase "judge not lest ye be judged yourself."

To the WBC, thanks for making it even harder to be a practicing Christian.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
DuctTapeJedi said:
Naheal said:

I thought we kicked them out years ago...
I'd point out the two main things holding be back are that I'm 17 and live in the UK, its gonna be pretty hard to travel to America, and in doing so, I would be no better then them. 'Tis why its a dream, a fantasy I can live out through the medium of video games.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Naheal said:

I'd like to remove them as an association that has their mouths not sewn shut.

Saxm13

Feb 22, 2010
I don't call myself a catholic anymore but this is just unforgiveable.

Whoever from the Escapist ends up taking over the world, i merely have one request.

RUN THESE PATHETIC EXCUSES FOR HUMANS INTO THE GROUND!

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
It is a mark of honor for Elizabeth Edwards that she managed to piss off the biggest douchebags in America.

I still say, per the "fighting words" doctrine, that the First Amendment doesn't apply to Westboro Baptist and that they should be arrested en masse.

archabaddon

Jan 8, 2007
Thye have a right to their 1st Amendment rights. That being said, I think someone should exercise their 2nd Amendment rights ;)

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
Honestly, what don't they protest? I'd rather see a story like "Known Homosexual and All-Around Good Guy's Funeral NOT Protested by WBC."

Dorian6

Apr 3, 2009
It's people like this, that make people like me call Christians a bunch of hate-mongering hypocrites