What´s up with Iron man 3?

Sleepingzombie

Dec 7, 2009
I dont´t get it, am I living in a pararell univsre?

If I got this right. . .Iron man 3 just come out. . .and. . .I don´t see Annything about it.Anywhere?

What´s up?. Have I gone crazy?

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Iron Man had a Red Carpet Premiere in both LA and Paris and was screened to critics, but it still hasn't received wide release and won't get one until May 3rd next week. That's what's up.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
When a movie as big as Iron Man 3 it this close to release, you don't usually hear anything about it until the critics have had their say. They'll start releasing more trailers soon, they're just waiting for the critics to say stuff so they can put them in the trailers. So yes, people have seen it, it's just that those people are the select few who attended the premier and critics. Don't worry, the same thing happened with the Avengers. It was released in the UK a full week before it was released in the US, but the folks over there were kind enough to not post spoilers and stuff all over the Internet before the rest of the world got to see it.

Sleepingzombie

Dec 7, 2009
aah got it. Most times with movies that I´ve seen the hubbub starts as soon as it is released.. . . .I think that was the case with The Hobbit?

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
What's the issue with it, well having just seen it I gotta say it was, alright. Not great and if you're going in still on the high from awesome that was The Avengers then you are going to be dis appointed. It is just an alright movie. Saying that the mid plot reveal blew me away, seriously a huge did not see THAT coming and the ending... well I dunno really would have loved a more conclusive ending.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Sleepingzombie said:
aah got it. Most times with movies that I´ve seen the hubbub starts as soon as it is released.. . . .I think that was the case with The Hobbit?
I think the Hobbit did get more publicity, but I think it's safe to say people were a bit more excited on the whole about the Hobbit than Iron Man 3. The Hobbit's premier was more public and there was more anticipation because it's the first in a new trilogy from a franchise that we haven't heard from in 10 years. I think Iron Man 3 will do well, but the anticipation isn't quite as high because we've had 2 other Iron Man movies very recently. The Hobbit premier wasn't just about the movie, it was about beloved characters coming back on screen after a decade of waiting. I wouldn't really know how to compare their publicity though, I don't really watch much TV so I couldn't tell you if the Hobbit got more TV spots than IM3.

Sleepingzombie

Dec 7, 2009
Gotcha. its just so. . .unusual to have a Major movie without Any Buzz, Anywhere. Nothing on kotaku, nnewspapers etc, etc.
Even Indiana Jones 4 someone talking about it, apart from the negatives.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
The movie is already in theaters here (in the Netherlands) for 3 days, but I haven't had the chance to see it. Probably going this sunday.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Errrrrr...has nobody else been having the Iron Man 3 trailers everytime they try to play a video on The Escapist. I've had that for about 2 weeks now.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I've seen enough posters and trailers for it myself, but I'm still not sure whether I actually want to see it. Iron Man 2 was.....below par and he was too over exposed in The Avengers if you ask me. I think I'm verging on becoming bored with the character in general.

I guess I'm just getting fed up of seeing too much Tony Stark and not enough Robb Stark.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Out in the UK today. Been a pattern for Marvel to release things overseas first which is an interesting marketing decision (though one I heartily support). All I'll say is that its a solid 4/5 and any fan of the Marvel films to date will walk away happy.

Sleepingzombie

Dec 7, 2009
Plinglebob said:
Out in the UK today. Been a pattern for Marvel to release things overseas first which is an interesting marketing decision (though one I heartily support). All I'll say is that its a solid 4/5 and any fan of the Marvel films to date will walk away happy.
This makes me happy. I get the plot concerns people have about Iron Man 2, I´m invested enough that I just want more of the storyline. More of everything. Basicaly: I´m in Marvel Mode.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Iron Man 3 is out today in the UK but not until next week in America I think. That's probably why.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I saw it at a press conference on Monday. The movie is entertaining but it doesn't have a very climactic feel, probably because everybody's expecting another Iron Man movie after this, or to see the character in Avengers 2. To be honest it felt like "just another entry" in the Marvel book of movie adaptations. A very entertaining one, mind you, but I found myself deceived by the trailers and the teasers, which promised a much more darker, reflexive and dramatic movie than IM3 ended up being.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I think a lot of the news of Iron Man 3's conception all the way to its release has been heavily shadowed by the afterglow of The Avengers.
wooty said:
I've seen enough posters and trailers for it myself, but I'm still not sure whether I actually want to see it. Iron Man 2 was.....below par and he was too over exposed in The Avengers if you ask me. I think I'm verging on becoming bored with the character in general.
This. Though I liked his careless douchebaggery in a sea of overly patriotic heroes in The Avengers. I don't think he deserved a sequel.

I don't think he deserved two sequels.

I barely think he deserved the first movie.

Then again, I don't like superhero movies.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Just saw it. Good, better than 2 mostly (have a thing for Scarlet Johanson and she is not in it) but good. No where near Avengers good but then I doubt any super hero movie will be for a long time. Althrogh Thor The Dark World looks like it might come close.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Gizmo1990 said:
Just saw it. Good, better than 2 mostly (have a thing for Scarlet Johanson and she is not in it) but good. No where near Avengers good but then I doubt any super hero movie will be for a long time. Althrogh Thor The Dark World looks like it might come close.
I really enjoyed it too, I went in to this one blind, having not seen any trailers etc and had a blast. Better then Iron Man 2, I would go so far as to say just as good as the first, maybe better. Need to give it time to sink in.

AutoFodder

Dec 3, 2008
Just saw it, and totally hated it. Plot was schizophrenic and nonsensical, as was the pacing. It jumped between serious and slapstick completely arbitrarily and on more than one occasion when I felt like I was finally getting into it the atmosphere would be totally ruined by ANOTHER tedious one-liner.

I like Robert Downey Jr. and think he is great in the role but oh my goodness the script writer sure went for overkill with the one-liners here. Every single character just seems like a device to set up these mind-numbing jokes.

Loved the other two Iron Man films and almost all of the Marvel stuff so far (with a few exceptions) but this one... christ I just can't get over how little of the plot made any sense. I sat there in the cinema just going: "What?".."Why?"... "When did he?.." and rolling my eyes so much it began to hurt.

And one last thing, *Minor Spoiler* The part where all the suits turned up would have been totally awesome had it not been completely ruined in the trailer.*/Minor Spoiler*

I'm sure it will be a hit however, simply because there are lots of explosions and RDJ says funny things!!! *sigh*