What about the AWESOME New Vegas glitches?

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
this isnt my name said:
Dectomax said:
Few things...

First isn't really a glitch, just an exploit. The cliff running "Ability"...Oh how I love this. Near Hover dam, there is an area down below where you can find some SUPER-MEGA-AWESOME explosives...So, I decided to equip my "Mountain Goat Feet" ( Not an actually item... ) And proceeded to hop down a vertical cliff, that would have killed me normally. I love doing this, just makes me feel awesome...

Second, as many will know the Cazadore's are the bane of many a F:NV player. So, after encountering a group, I ran up past a few rocks and thought I had hidden myself. How wrong. Imagine "The ride of the Valkyries" beginning to play, as THROUGH the rocks, comes four of these evil little creatures...

And finally, my favourite...which I believe many people have encountered. Stepping into the Solar yard, in Helios-1. As soon as you leave, a giant thundering rumble sounds out from above. Scaring the pants of me as I run looking for the origin of this noise, to only find out that three securitrons, Old lady whatshername and her dogs had spawned in mid-air and were proceeding to kick my ass.
Cliffrunning is awesome, it saved my crippled character with no ammo and nothing to healfrom fire geckos, got to the river, saw an opening, and then died... Out of the fryin pan itno the fire, I found a DC nest...
Haha, another with the fabled "Mountain Goat Feet" xD
Said DC nest contains the Remnant armour ;) There's a LOT of DC's there...'round 14, with 2 mother Deathclaws! I just cleared it out...took a while!

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
I shot a feral ghoul in the face and it died, but stayed standing there looking alive, it even growled every couple of seconds, I even looted the body and it just stood there.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
For some reason, Cassidy's gun rockets enemies across the map. In the warehouse area of the Sunset Sarsaparilla plant, she blew one of the robots into a shelf stacked with boxes, and the boxes went EVERYWHERE.

sb666

Fake Best
Apr 5, 2010
Country
Australia
the intro glitch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKIkw3LIoQ he looks like a silent hill 4 ghost

Glaive_21842

Dec 21, 2009
Heres one i got in Fallout 3...
So i was waking around, minding my own business, when i am assailed by raider. A pretty common occurence, really. But when i shot the last one in the head (BOOM HEADSHOT!), his head began to float into the sun >_<! I watched in awe till his head was out of sight. The only thing i could think about was that guy in Fable Lost Chapters "Soundwaves can maek your head spin into the sun! I've seen it happen, man!". So have I, mister druggy, so have I.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Uhm I don't know but the funniest one I remember was just walking through the desert and seeing something flying towards me, so I entered V.A.T.S and aimed at it turns out it was a radscorpion flying straight for me! I fire some shots at it to try hurt it but it doesn't die so I run out of the way and it flies right into ED-E dying and taking my little robot with it!

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I like the invisible computers in the one camp(can't remember the name, but it is that NCR outpost in the south west)

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Well I've only been playing for a few hours, but I've seen a Dog with no eyes, and his eyes were actually 3 inches up off his collar. It looked like someone had just stuck Googly eyes to his fur.

WestMountain

Dec 8, 2009
I saw a mole rat hump the guy with a beard in Sloan, or maybe that was because of the Wild Wasteland trait...

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
My game glitched today. I got to the quarry and wanted to sneak by, and all the deathclaws were moshpitting.

I sat and watched for about 5 minutes until only the Alpha deathclaw was left. ((whom i then blasted in the face with my 9mm pistol))

Roper

Apr 1, 2010
Not exactly a awesome glitch but my most random one so far. Went to bed for a few hours in the hidden valley bunker, woke up and found 3-4 great khans just...stood around, casually talking to me. It was a genuine "Bwuh?" moment.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
It's hilarious when the game freezes and forces me to reset the PS3 every hour. That's side splitting satire. Let's not forget horrendously poor collision detection forcing NPCs to sink through the floor or fly miles into the air, or make them invincible, or the excess of invisible barriers floating around objects. All really darn funny.

I'm not be sardonic as to convey hostility to the OP here, I'm sure a bug here and there can bring about a chuckle. The overwhelming avalanche of crippling failure in the games coding however dampens my sense of humour some. Any and all hostility is aimed squarely at Bethesda and Obsidian for allowing such a flawed product hit the shelves, and forcing me to be this mad at a game that, underneath the bugs, is bloody fantastic. Story, dialog, fluff, music, and gameplay wise, it's a great improvement on Fallout 3, and is genuinely reminiscent of the old fallout games, and the references and tie in characters from 1 and 2 are greatly appreciated. I think Obsidian may have been responsible for most of the things I LIKE about the game, and Bethesda, the poor overall finish.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I sniped a Gecko and it's head rocketted into the air. It doesn't sound that funny, but at the time it was hilarious. The little guys noggin flew off like a rocket and I don't think it ever came back down.

Teh Flembo

Jan 9, 2010
NCR correctional facility. Main entrance. Everytime i go there. 5 hostile bighorners, and 3 bighorner calf's spawn on top of/inside eachother. Everytime, no idea why though, either way it's amusing to watch.

TurkMafia

Jan 14, 2009
I left the good doctor's home after creating my character to be greeted by the NCR ranger who promptly told me to sort my rep with them in three days or die. The legion equivalent was in line behind her, he told me a similar story.

I had to remake my character at that point.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
KEM10 said:
Merkavar said:
actually does putting 3 c4 on the ground and using them to kill lanius or who ever. but instead of just killing him he just dissappears? no chunks no body anywhere i could look.
I think that is just a natural occurrence of using three c4 devices on a person. Those things are used to take apart tanks and other heavy armor and you just used three of them on a squishy.
lol have you killed that lanius legate guy? he is anything but squishy :)

the thing was that i tried the c4 a few times and it just hurt him a fair bit but this last time he just disappeared

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
I was heading back to the Helios-One power plant to scavange some spare parts. I walk through with no problems because I had already fixed it, but when I walked through the door to the solar panels, I got attacked. My attackers followed me through the door, and I could tell that there was someone with a shotgun, some dogs, and a couple mole rats. After a little running and fighting, wondering if I should actually fight given the possibility that they could be NCR, I decide to just use VATS to see who was attacking me.

It was Old Lady Gibson.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
I killed a Nightstalker by headshot.

The head exploded and the body rose up and like a rocket launched in the air.

Then it's legs exploded when it landed again.

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
After having my games erased on my x-box, I think my dad saved over them. My next character saved games corrupted after aboue 12 hours sigh.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
DustyDrB said:
Snake Plissken said:
DustyDrB said:
None of mine were awesome...

And people are complaining about the game for a good reason. As much fun as I had with the game, Obsidian deserves to be trapped in a room for weeks while a long line of fans come in and ***** at them because of the glitches.
...and the thread will now degenerate into Obsidian bashing from here. Dammit.
Well, I just think complaints are called for in this case. But sincere apologies, I won't contribute to Obsidian bashing in this thread from here on out.
No biggie. I think they're called for as well. I'm not sure if you noticed, but there are about a BILLION other threads bitching about the stability of the game on the Escapist already. (Not being facetious, I sincerely don't know if you have seen the other threads about it. Not sure how often you're on the Escapist...)