What anime are you currently watching?

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Sean Hollyman said:
I started reading the manga, chapter 7 Steel Ball Run because it was an alternate universe. The final battle was awesome and the Stands were creative. Was awesome!
JJBA is quickly becoming more than one of my favourite anime series, its a series I'm really starting to respect. I love the characters the ideas and the art. I'll have to give steel ball run a look some time soon.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Sgt. Sykes said:
I'm about to watch Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai since I've heard it's similarly psycho as Madoka Magica (which was too awesome to describe). Can anyone confirm?
It's definitely psycho (though I haven't seen the other show). I've seen it compared to Elfen Lied, if that helps. Just be prepared to have no idea what's going on. The plot makes sense, but the show doesn't answer any of the questions it raises until the second season. In fact, it's probably one of the most complex shows I've seen in recent memory. It's interesting that the show preents itself as moe before brutally subverting your expectations. Repeatedly.

In any case, I'm kind of tired of anime. I'm sitting through Full Metal Alchemist right now, but I'm getting rather tired of wading through Shonen to find the good stuff.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders- because I'm a huge JoJo fan and I need more Joseph in my life.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes- This show is the fucking shit. It's beautiful, and I only have 21 episodes to go before I've finished the entire franchise!

Love Live! School Idol Project- I'm a sucker for the cute girls being cute genre, and this one's actually pretty good.
Though the CGI's grating.

Motto To Love Ru- I need to watch something mindless and perverted now and again, okay?

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I have just finished re watching Trigun. Sometimes it is good to revisit the classics. I have also been watching Another and I must say it is one of the best animes I have seen in quite a while. I really enjoy it's premise and each twist has been worth it.

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
*Obligatory mention of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.*

Of course I'm watching it, and of course I'm watching Part 3 of it! It is fabulous.

Also trying to juggle that and getting through Cowboy Bebop, which isn't happening due to assignment deadlines and stuff. Shame really, because what I've seen so far is good.

Coakle

Nov 21, 2013
Stardust Crusaders - JoJo has been covered. It's great.

Chaika - Solid action show that's got a lot of realistic character conflict. Chaika is much more fun than I anticipated.

Rowdy Sumo Wrestler Matsutaro- Matsutaro is on very thin ice right now. I need to see where it goes before I declare it my favorite anime this season.

Ping Pong - I'm pretty lukewarm on the show, so far. The live action version had some amazing backgrounds that really established the mood, they anime is really sparse in that regard. It's very expressive and the characters are still good, so I'm all in.

Hunter x Hunter - Still high quality stuff.

Fairytail - Someone noted this already, but the latest episodes are getting dragged out longer than need be. It'll cut to the grand magic games and have nothing happen to stretch the story out. I'd much rather have another filler arc than this. Just kills the pacing. Other then that, still pretty enjoyable.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I'm watching quite a few off and on right now. I'm currently watching Hellsing Ultimate, Samurai Champloo, Gravitation, Steins;Gate, Baccano!, Nadia: Secret of Blue Water and Bakuman, which are all quite good so far except maybe Nadia, which I would only recommend to those who can put up with it being very, very old and having not exactly aged well. It is interesting to see Anno's previous works though, as a fan of Evangelion, and the characters are very good for their time in my opinion.

Also rewatching Death Note with my mom, which is quite amusing.

William Fleming

Mar 6, 2011
Gundam Unicorn: When the final OVA finishes loading anyway

Gundam Seed HD Remaster: I actually decided to start watching this while waiting for Gundam Unicorn's final OVA to get released to get why everyone either LOVES this series or just LOATHES it (since I never got around to watching it). I upto episode 20 so far and it's rather meh...

Selector Infected Wixoss: I was somewhat interested when I heard its premise and decided to start watching it. Decent so far.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Arc-V: I decided to do this out of obligation just to see if this Yu-Gi-Oh series was any good (track record imo; Season 0: meh, DM: good, GX: bad(from what I remember), 5Ds: ranging from boring to fucking awesome Dark Signer arc, Zexal: terribad). It's okay, better than Zexal imo but not nearly as good as Duel Monsters or 5Ds.

I usually start watching new anime roughly halfway through or near the end of seasons (I started watching Date A Live last year when episode 10 had just aired). I need to get around to watching Date A Live II and I hear good things about No Game No Life.

BrotherSurplice

ENEMY MAN
Apr 17, 2011
Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Watched the first episode today, first anime I've ever watched. Seems pretty good so far.

Dickdatduck

Aug 2, 2011
Akuma No Riddle
Black Bullet
Bokura Wa Minna Kawaisou
Captain Earth
Fairy Tail
Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka?
Haikyuu
Inugamisan To Nekoyamasan
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Kanojo ga Flag o Oraretara
Kiwaguro No Brynhildr
Love Live! Season 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
Puchimas Petit Idolmaster
Ryuugajou Nanana No Maizoukin
Soul Eater Not!
Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V
Happiness Charge Pretty Cure
Detective Conan
Pokemon XY

These are some of the shows on my current rotaion. Some shows I will watch now and some I will wait until they are over.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
JoJo' Bizarre Adventure, obviously. I mean, sure, characters are always overreacting and plot is filled with holes, but it just so damn interesting! Plus, it is, so far, really faithful adaptation of a manga. I wonder if screen version of Stone Ocean will help me understand what the hell is with this baby?

I also watch One Piece. Although, I am not getiing the kick from it as I used to before timeskip.

Oh, I also plan on starting watching Shingeki no Kyojin. I wonder what all the hype is about?