What anime got you into anime?

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Gordon_4 said:
Aussies of a certain age will remember Cheez TV! Well, one of their original line up offerings was Teknoman, the dubbed version of Tekkaman Blade. And it was awesome.
I don't remember that show but I do remember cheez tv. That show was the shit, though thinking back on it now the two hosts semed like massive stoners.

OT: Well I watched pokemon and I thought that was just a cartoon, same with digimon and yu-gi-oh but I think death note was the first to introduce me to the anime as an entirety. Either that or naruto.

Directionless

Nov 4, 2013
Ergo Proxy. But then i quickly realized that no anime is anything like Ergo Proxy, and promptly got "out" of anime.

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
I think my first anime was My Neighbour Totoro, but I didn't understand what it was exactly since I was 3 or 4 when I saw it. The thing that definitively got me into it was Dragonball Z though. I started during the Freeza saga when Goku first went Super Saiyan. Talk about jumping right in.

Spikejet2736

Jun 19, 2014
The first anime I loved was Cowboy Bebop: The Movie and then I saw the TV series and I've been a fan ever since. I don't know if that would've turned me into a anime fan because even anime haters love Cowboy Bebop but that doesn't change their minds about anime, to them it's the exception not the rule but then I watched Trigun and then on I knew I was an anime fan

God'sFist

May 8, 2012
DBZ the old classic as well as the old gundam 0080 series and then long time later (simply because I didn't have access to anime) gundam 00. I really like action anime just recently went through SAO and Blue exorcist, and now am currently watching Attack on Titan (right now in fact). I would say that I've always been a fan since DBZ because I never fell out of love with anime I just simply couldn't find it for awhile.

Tinju-Sama

Jun 22, 2014
The first anime that wasn't pokemon and that I really enjoyed watching was Bamboo Blade.
It's a story about a team of kendo fighters and their problems in high school, it's easy to watch and takes my mind off things.
Very fun, I highly recommend it to anyone that likes anime.

Yours truly, Tinju.

SGT_Noobnuts

May 30, 2014
Tinju-Sama said:
The first anime that wasn't pokemon and that I really enjoyed watching was Bamboo Blade.
It's a story about a team of kendo fighters and their problems in high school, it's easy to watch and takes my mind off things.
Very fun, I highly recommend it to anyone that likes anime.

Yours truly, Tinju.
I second that recommendation. It is a really awesome show!

DarkNazgul

Sep 29, 2009
Well I grew up on DBZ, Gundam Wing, and toonami, but then stopped watching anime for a while. Watched DeathNote a few years back and really liked it but it wasn't enough to really get me watching animes. Then I saw Gosick. After marathoning it I have watched over 40 other series trying to find anything remotely compareable and have yet to succeed. It is by far the best series of any medium I have ever (and probably will ever) see. That said I have still been watching alot of anime recently and they are enjoyable.

AdagioBoognish

Member?
Nov 5, 2013
I think the first anime I ever saw was Blue Submarine No.6. It blew me away as a kid, I hadn't seen anything like it before. Been meaning to re-watch it and see if I like it as much after so many years.