What are some reasons for COD4 being better than MW2?

Jacco

May 1, 2011
I recently played through both of them and COD4 is undeniably better than MW2 in almost every aspect. However, aside from the obvious lack of effort they put into the campaign for MW2, I can't really figure out why.

Any insights?

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Modern Warfare 2 was on a permanent sugar-rush. It was like a 7 year old telling me how awesome the military is.

CoD4 also had a coherent story. That helped.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
The balancing.

CoD4's balancing wasn't perfect, not even close, but MW2's balancing was just a complete and utter mess with absolutely no redeeming features.

the spud

May 2, 2011
CoD4 had a bit more juxtaposition.

As in: The nuke in your face felt like a nuke to the face because nothing had come close to that before.

warfan987

Mar 14, 2011
Dirty Hipsters said:
The balancing.

CoD4's balancing wasn't perfect, not even close, but MW2's balancing was just a complete and utter mess with absolutely no redeeming features.
This basically. The MW2 multiplayer was completely broken. The only thing I liked about it was the AC-130.

ferd mertz

Jul 27, 2011
If your talking multiplayer, that's easy to answer.

MW2 was a mess with the glitches for starters. Then there were the annoying perk combos that allowed you to teleport knife or use a noob tube indefinitely.

Also the maps seemed more camper friendly.

But the biggest problem of all was the emphasis on killstreak rewards. Once somebody got more than two kills they switched to ***** mode and pitched a tent.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
-It was original as far as bringing shooters into the modern day goes (and doing it well).
-It still has a strong community going for it as far as I know.
-Slower paced, no people with marathon running around knifing all the time.
-More of the annoying people will have moved onto other CoD games.
-I personally like he single player on this one the most.
-It seemed more balanced to me. Every gun did what they meant to do, apart from no scoping being the only argument against that.
-The multiplayer maps I found were more varied and some supported different types of gameplay. You wanted to be the sniper, there were maps for that, ame with run and gunner, stealthy guy, shotgunner. The more recent maps seem to lack this inmy opinion.

Personally that's what I thnk of when arguing why CoD4 is better than MW2 in certain ways. There are probably more reasons and some that argue against them, but that's what I came up with.

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Call of Duty 4, for the most part, had better multiplayer maps. Backlot, Crash, Overgrown, Strike and Vacant to name a few. Infact, four of those maps were so good, Activison charged people to bring them over to MW2, and people willingly paid.

Also, in COD4 was playtested before it was released. So it was somewhat balanced. Not perfect but still playable.
MW2 wasn't playtested because Activision wanted to keep what they were doing a secret or something stupid like that. So when MW2 was released it was unbalanced and as buggy as hell. (Although, I have to admit that the javelin glitch was the best glitch ever to grace a multiplayer game. EVER.)

Sep 14, 2009
Dirty Hipsters said:
The balancing.

QFT

balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,
balancing,

oh did i mention balancing?

cod4 was a mess of fun to play no matter if i was winning or losing, i also greatly preferred the maps to mw2's, and not to mention the annoying perk combo's of mw2's broken mess

any perk messup's cod4 had, were sent to insane super saiyan amounts in mw2

tenaciousotaku

Mar 17, 2011
GrizzlerBorno said:
Modern Warfare 2 was on a permanent sugar-rush. It was like a 7 year old telling me how awesome the military is.

CoD4 also had a coherent story. That helped.
At least the campaign wasn't as bat-shit-insane as Black Ops. I'd still rather play MW2 than that peice of shit.

DigitalAtlas

Mar 31, 2011
It's not. Plain and simple.

MW2 did everything better.

CoD4 was just new.

Unless you mean multiplayer, where CoD4 was more balanced and had some skill involved and not just UMP's.

prince_xedar

Aug 25, 2010
COD 4 had the better Single player, but MW2 had the better multiplayer because all it did was expand upon how great 4's was
MW2's campaign felt like a shortened rehashed COD4

crepesack

May 20, 2008
Single player on cod4 was lovely and so was the multiplayer.

MW2 had its fun in multiplayer. It had fun elements you cannot deny that but the kill streaks and the heartbeat sensor really made things unplayable for me in hardcore.

ScrubberDucky

Feb 17, 2011
As far as I'm concerned, there aren't any. MW2 had blood effects that didn't make you feel like you were shooting enemies made out of styrofoam and it had more than 3 guns. The campaign was infinitely worst, but you don't really go to Call of Duty for that, do you?

warfan987

Mar 14, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
The balancing.

warfan987 said:
Dirty Hipsters said:
The balancing.

This basically. The MW2 multiplayer was completely broken. The only thing I liked about it was the AC-130.
Bull. Heard of this thing called 3 times primary grenade? It broke the entire multiplayer in COD4. Snapped its neck. And beat it over the head afterwards just to be sure.

COD4, I can run around and play flawlessly, I will still die every 3 seconds because someone lobs a grenade my way. And another one. And another one. And if im not dead by then, 3 more.

MW2, on the other hand, I can do very well using a variety of weapons, none of which are overpowered. And I can do it without camping aka playing like a little ***** (the pres got me onto calling campers that, please dont take offense). Yes, one man army noob tubes are bad, but you hardly see them. Yes, Commando is bad, but to be perfectly honest there are much much worse and more aggravating things in games everyone praises for balancing (Halo Reach comes to mind). Yes, stackable killstreaks disagree with some people, but its just fucking FUN to run around with a Spas and kill 5 guys, and go straight to a stealth bomber without killing another guy with your weapon. As for the care package glitches and such, I will give you that, but im not sure if its actually present on PC (or ever was). In almost 100 hours of MW2 I havent seen a single guy exploit some glitch. Oh, and Painkiller... Fuck painkiller. Thats one magnificent piece of shit they put in the game. Just funny its in Reach too, be it with a different name.

COD4 on the other hand? Its not playable. Black Ops? Home to the most overpowered thing in the world, the Connection Pro perk.

MW2 is nowhere near balanced. But anyone who bashes it for that and praises COD 4 in the same post? Thats just flat out wrong. MW2 is nowhere near as broken as that game. I suggest you fire it up right now, it should blast those nostalgia glasses off.
Trust me, I have 15+ days on MW2. I see OMA Danger close tubes, commando, last stand etc. all the time. I don't mind stackable killstreaks. The spaz, aa12, ump45(kinda), and all the Assault rifles except the f2000 are OP. Don't forget bad spawns, inconsistent connections, no dedicated servers(even on PC), no mod tools, how easy it is to hack, and bad maps(estate anyone?) I can understand that you enjoy MW2. It works GREAT when it actually works(about 1/3 of the time) I don't own MW1, but i have played it. i understand that fragX3, last stand(or whatever its called), m16, mp5 and such are OP.

I know some people will disagree on the assault rifles being OP. Here is a comparison. The Famas is clearly the OP gun in Blops. Does that mean that the Commando is bad? No, the commando is perfectly usable but the famas is just better in almost every way.