What Are the BioWare Founders' 5 Games of the Decade?

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Resident Evil 4
Bioshock
Portal
Shadow of The Colossus
Assassin's Creed 2

Those kick major butt.

Apr 28, 2008
My top 5

5: Halo 1 - Set the bar for all FPS's of the decade.
4: Knights of the Old Republic - Best Star wars game ever.
3: Beyond Good and Evil - Criminally overlooked. Had one of the best stories ever.
2: Mass Effect series (yes, I'm cheating) - One of the greatest story-driven games I have played.
1: Timesplitters: Future Perfect - The most fun FPS ever made. Combine lots of fun, diverse, and great(over 150) characters, a plethora of unique deathmatch modes, lots of challanges and unlockables, and an absurdly easy-to-use mapmaker, and you have one of the greatest games ever.

Falcon123

Aug 9, 2009
5. Assassin's Creed 2
4. Borderlands
3. Fallout 3
2. Mass Effect (1 or 2, both are awesome)
1. Dragon Age: Origins

Georgeman

Mar 2, 2009
Damn! Another top games list? Oh wait, of this decade? Um, let's see.

1. Viewtiful Joe
2. Resident Evil 4
3. Super Smash Bros. Melee
4. Fire Emblem
5. Metroid Prime

Only Resident Evil 4 agrees with their choices.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Resident Evil 4 had a great story?

Cue an embarrassingly long outburst of maniacal laughter.

I don't know what to say really, the only game I really like from their lists is RE4 and they picked it for the wrong reason. I think that their taste in games is not so great but that isn't holding them back so who cares.

To answer the question.

Super Mario Galaxy
Rez HD
Shadow of The Colossus
Mount & Blade
Civilization IV

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I didn't care for RE4 myself but I can understand why everyone else digs it.
Mine would have to be:
We Love Katamari
GTA San Andreas
Burnout Revenge (though sometimes I prefer Takedown)
Fallout 3 (that I will agree with them on)
Warhawk (because Unreal Tournament just missed the cutoff)

Don't ask me what order.
I'm surprised I can pick 5.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
John Funk said:
What are your top five?

Way to bring on a list thread.

Honestly I've only really been gaming since I was 11 and got a PS2, so my top five games of the decade are my top 5 games.

5.Fallout 3
4.Shadow of the Colossus
3.Psychonauts
2.Portal
1.Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time

(Actually come to think of it, Mass Effect 2 should be in there somewhere. Damn this new decade!)

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
GonzoGamer said:
I'm chuckling to myself imagining the meltdown you would have had if they both picked No More Heroes, which they should have.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Mass Effect 2 (1 is good but 2 is better and NEVER has a game so infected my soul except...)
Suikoden 5 (My most obsessive play-through until Mass Effect 2 came out)
Uncharted 2 (Because I've never liked an action game MORE)
Dragon Quest 8 (So charming I cannae resist it)
Metal Gear Solid 3 (Because I love 60's Cold War Cool and the character of Naked Snake)

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
More Fun To Compute said:
GonzoGamer said:
I'm chuckling to myself imagining the meltdown you would have had if they both picked No More Heroes, which they should have.
Actually, I wouldn't have had a problem with that at all.
I can understand the appeal of No More Heroes and even it being some peoples' (like otaku) favorite game. I just don't like it when people try and say it's well made. RE4 was at least well crafted.
The sequel is on my rental list and from what I hear, I might like it more.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
GonzoGamer said:
Nice, I can hear you badmouth it on the forums for the next few months while I wait for a UK release date. ;)

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
I doubt they put too much thought into what they said, it was an interview so it would have been 30 seconds or so, probably less.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
More Fun To Compute said:
GonzoGamer said:
Nice, I can hear you badmouth it on the forums for the next few months while I wait for a UK release date. ;)
We can hope: by that time I'll probably just be getting it from Gamefly; it's been a great season so I have a long list.

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
1: Oblivion - Brought RPGs into the mainstream gaming media
2: GTA 3 (and SA)
3: KOTOR

others are up for grabs.

Arbitrary Cidin

Apr 16, 2009
1. Shadow of the Colossus - The entire game was a massive compilation of "wow" moments, bringing puzzle solving and strategic thinking into a massively action-filled game with a unique and beautiful environment to boot!
2. Soul Calibur III - The combat was as good as ever, and the character creation was outreaching, as was the Fighter-RPG style sub-campaign.
3. Final Fantasy XII - While I have no particular taste for the story in this or any other FF game, it had a wonderful combat system, beautiful environment, and amazing control of tone. There will never be a horror game that fills me with the dread of unsettling Barheim Passage, nor will I likely be more invited by the terrain than I was in Giza Plains. It was also a damn good change of pace getting to finally kill those Ivalice judges, goddamn FFTA....
4. Okami - By far the most beautiful game, in my eyes, ever made. Unique style, perfect soundtrack, and a creative combat/skill system ahead of its time.
5. Half Life 2 - What can I say? It had an amazing and immersive story and one of the most rewarding mod communities in the business.

Honorable Mention (Have not finished these games a long enough time ago to have a settled and genuine opinion)
Mass Effect 2
Bioshock

Honorable Mention (It might be in my top 5 but I just didnt know where to squeeze it in)
SSF2:THDR - Number 2 is still my favorite and the graphical updates were money well spent. The Street Fighter series in general more realistically portrays and simulates actual fighting than any other fighting game on the market. That includes UFC and Boxing games.