What are the must-have downloadable games from Xbox Live and/or PSN? - CHAT WITH THE STAFF

KXZ501

Feb 20, 2009
I've had a ton of fun with Castle Crashers on XBLA - pretty good on its own, and it gets even better when you get friends involved.

nick4118

Jun 4, 2009
I'd have to say Final Fantasy VII, always a classic, as well as penny arcades "On the Rain- Slick Precipice of Darkness" games. They're solid games with some great humor.

thisguyfromthere

Mar 6, 2009
Castle Crashers: It's courtesy of the Behemoth, and some of the members of the dev team work at Newgrounds [http://www.newgrounds.com]. As a member of that site, I feel obligated to plug it whenever I can. In fact, the majority of the music is courtesy of Newgrounds members who contributed via the fully automated Audio Portal.

Alien Hominid: The Behemoth again. :)

N+: For all it's frustrations, it's a fun game. I played the Flash original, and this new version has a better editor and nicer controls.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
tendo82 said:
PSN - Echochrome

Really great looking game. One of a kind.
If you mean "one of a kind" by, "It will break your brain if your not careful."

PSN- Toss between Flower, and Echochrome.

*flips coin*

Echochrome wins, so that is a must have PSN title.

Mully69ylluM

Jun 6, 2009
I would say Doom and N+ for XBL. Although XBL had the liberty of charging you for N+, something which is available for free on the PC. Doom is just an all round classic, still have the SNES with the original cartridge.

googooplex

May 20, 2009
For me the must-have downloadable game from Xbox Live is Geomatry Wars the first one although the multiplayer is an amazingly frustrating party game the first holds its charm simply for the hours I spent alone trying to simply get on the leaderboards.
Also special notice for E4 extreme because its an awesome game to play while partikng in afternoon drug sessions :)

omgwaffles

Jul 23, 2009
wow theres a lot okay, here we go, top four

Battlefield 1943
Castle Crashers
Ikaruga
N+

hey I just realized those r in alphabetical order
I can haz cookie?

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
XBL-Street Fight Turbo HD Remix

I cannot stress the words "You cannot go wrong with this choice" enough.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Ive got CTR on the PSP - But you cant play the multiplayer.

This made insanum sad :(

ohgodalex

May 21, 2009
If you ever have a spare 20 bucks, go out and buy Uno and Castle Crashers. I've wasted so much money on Arcade games, when I could've made do with just these two. Possibly just Uno.

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
I've bought 70(!!!) PSN games, so here are the best:

Flower
Super Stardust Portable
Killzone Liberation
Flow
Flow (PSP)

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
Just games? Battlefield 1943 or for a few laughs Penny Arcade part 1 & 2. If add-ons included then Fallout 3's dlc and Oblivion's dlc give the two games a much longer playing power. BTW I only have an xbox so I can't recommend ps3 games.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Castle Crashers, Braid, Penny Arcades, Battlefield 1943.
Fable, Psychonauts, Indigo Prophechy/Fahrenheit from Xbox Originals.

flower, fl0w, echocrome.
Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid, Crash Bandicoot from the Playstation Classics.

Also, DLC for the games you have, obviously.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
Wolfenstein 3D!

The most fun you'll have ever have killing nazis.