What are you currently playing?

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
On topic, took a detour from Sekiro to drop back into some MGSV; first to double check that I didn’t screw myself out of the chance to Platinum via a mission 6 bug (where if you destroy the comm equipment before actually starting the relevant mission it will register as an automatic completion and void a rank status along with the coveted S rank for that play through), but thankfully it was all good.
It seems like a bad idea to take a detour from Sekiro. It's one of those games where precise muscle memory is so important that stepping away from it for a while really makes things much harder when you come back.

Reactions: Dalisclock

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
I tried Yakuza 3 Remastered. It really isn't much remastered at all, it's definitely last gen shaders in there still and textures are kinda low res. It's quite a shock jumping from 0/Kiwami/2 to this. I knew it would look worse and be jankier, but not to this degree. Maybe this is just a testament to how good a job they did with 0 onwards graphically speaking.

You also can't change the difficulty mid game and the enemies just block way too goddamn much. I'm going to restart the game on easy, I really don't have the willpower to power through this otherwise.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I've been playing this game called Spiritfarer, and it is just the most heart-warming, and heart-breaking game that I have played in a while.

The premise of the game, is that you are the new Spiritfarer. Charon has retired, and has passed on to the afterlife, and you must now travel the world, finding lost souls (who are all anthropomorphic animals), and help complete their unfinished business, before helping them pass on.

The gameplay is a cross between something like Animal Crossing (but with much more depth), and Stardew Valley (but without quite so much depth). It is a nice middle ground. Mostly, you spend your time speaking to your passengers, building your boat-village, growing crops, playing minigames, and doing fetch-quests. The gameplay doesn't sound like the most engaging thing in the world, but for whatever reason, it has me hooked.

Where the game really succeeds though, is in the art, the writing, and the music. I have cried twice playing this game, and Im not even mad. This song is pretty much etched into my brain now.

Im so close to finishing the game. I have two passengers left to go, and I wouldn't be surprised if I can add another tick to the amount of times that I have cried, before then.

Last edited:

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
It seems like a bad idea to take a detour from Sekiro. It's one of those games where precise muscle memory is so important that stepping away from it for a while really makes things much harder when you come back.
Oh I’ve done it a few times already, and to be fair I’ve had MGSV over twice as long, and am within arm’s reach of nabbing the last *technically* online trophies: Deterrence and Disarmament. I plan on making a backup save before developing/disposing the nuke though, so I can go back to normal heroism afterwards (yeah I know, but I currently only have like 84,000 or so heroism and am not waiting til 150,000 to get this nuke taken care of). Apparently development time using the online method is in real time hours, so all I’ll have to look out for is anyone who might still be attempting to steal these things the next day. This weekend should be the prime time to do it.

Anyways, it takes about an hour to adjust back to either game for its own unique reasons. I figure when I go back to Sekiro the few enemies left before the big bad ape will be enough to get back in the groove.

Last edited:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
The gameplay is a cross between something like Animal Crossing (but with much more depth), and Stardew Valley (but without quite so much depth). It is a nice middle ground. Mostly, you spend your time speaking to your passengers, building your boat-village, growing crops, playing minigames, and doing fetch-quests. The gameplay doesn't sound like the most engaging thing in the world, but for whatever reason, it has me hooked.
While I haven't played Spiritfarer, I think what might be part of the appeal, is having tasks to help other people. A lot of people enjoy helping/fixing problems for other people, so a game entirely about helping these lost souls resolve their lingering business, so they can move on, is a very compelling game motivation.

I think that's one reason I kept playing Hades for as long as I did, after getting really tired of the repetition, was the various other characters, and their personal stories. There were at least 2 different couples that Zagreus interacts with, that were estranged lovers, and it's HIGHLY implied that you can perhaps patch up things with them, and get them back together. And I was genuinely surprised how fucking invested I was in playing Greek Mythology Matchmaker! The characters were fun and enjoyable people, both myself, and Zagreus enjoyed talking to them, they weren't assholes or anything (well, one was a bit prickly when you first meet him, but that fades quickly), and even Zagreus is like "Oh come on, you two seem to care for each other, you sure you can't patch things up? I mean you have eternity, surely you can work something out?" and they will be like "Oh no, we can't, it's too late, if only X had happened." And you see Zagreus discreetly jotting down "Make X happen now to inspire nostalgic feelings of love, got it. Nothing!" and boom, I've got a motivation for the next 2 dozen runs I do of the game.

So I can totally see how fixing these souls' problems would be highly compelling.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Duck Game

2-4 players killing each other in couch co-op. You die in one hit and the levels rotate through a pretty large selection of platforming maps. Everyone is a duck for no reason other than dedicating a button to quacking is funny. Silly concept and very rudimentary but fun and fast-paced.

Reactions: NerfedFalcon

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Duck Game

2-4 players killing each other in couch co-op. You die in one hit and the levels rotate through a pretty large selection of platforming maps. Everyone is a duck for no reason other than dedicating a button to quacking is funny. Silly concept and very rudimentary but fun and fast-paced.
It can see it now: they’ll release DLC levels as a “Quack Pack”.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Im so close to finishing the game. I have two passengers left to go, and I wouldn't be surprised if I can add another tick to the amount of times that I have cried, before then.
Can confirm.

Did cry 1 more time.

Last edited:

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Duck Game

drags on imaginary cigarette That's a name I haven't heard in years. Actually, it has online play as well, and while the latency can make it difficult, the game itself is so wacky that it barely matters and you can still have fun with the antics.

OT: Super Mario 3D World, Hades, and poking a little bit at Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, mostly to see if I want to try playing that after I finish Symphony of the Night. Current prognosis is yes.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Did some more Ninja Saviors. I finally completed the time trial for stage 5. I used Yaksha this time and finished with 539 secs. God I love air combos so much. For those having trouble with this game, all can say is blocking is your best friend and use those EX moves when possible. Sometimes with certain characters, it's best just to hold block and jump to get around faster and wait until your blaster meter is full.

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Trying to cycle between 3 games.

Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity

Final Fantasy Remake

Remnant From the Ashes

I am playing Calamity the most cause my switch goes about everywhere with me. I love the Dyanasty Warriors format with licensed properties. Something about it just adds flavor to it than a traditonal warriors game.

And I been enjoying Remnant might be my favorite soulslike game since Bloodborne and a surprise hit. It has been taking some time away of FF7 Remake.

Reactions: BrawlMan

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
10 years later! I won the main campaign of Fallout New Vegas! With cheats. Without cheats, this would have been, by far, way too dull a buggy slog. With them, I just teleported from quest goal to quest goal. With g-d mode and a 1 shot 1 kill no matter who gun (called a debug gun). Silly fun but lost my patience toward the end and just wanted to complete it. Bummed that to win 10 year old
to stick with Mr. House, I had to betray the Brotherhood of Steele, where I was idolized! That sucked.

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Bummed that to win 10 year old
to stick with Mr. House, I had to betray the Brotherhood of Steele, where I was idolized! That sucked.
That was my dilemma, and I couldn't do it. In the end I
killed House, defeated the Legion, and betrayed the NCR... using Benny's plan to take New Vegas for myself. Its one of the things that made NV such a great game. I was trying to keep NV from falling to a dictator, and because everyone else required me to eliminate at least one faction I had sided with... I became the evil dictator.
That's some quality writing. Forcing me down the same road as my most hated rival, giving up my core goal and selling out my principles, all to avoid committing an atrocity for "the greater good."

Reactions: gorfias

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
10 years later! I won the main campaign of Fallout New Vegas! With cheats. Without cheats, this would have been, by far, way too dull a buggy slog. With them, I just teleported from quest goal to quest goal. With g-d mode and a 1 shot 1 kill no matter who gun (called a debug gun). Silly fun but lost my patience toward the end and just wanted to complete it. Bummed that to win 10 year old
A couple years ago I replayed New Vegas with the intention of beating it and I think I did? I marked it down as completed on my list, anyway. I honestly can't remember the ending at all, though.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Wolfystein Youngbloodlings.

"FIGHT FASCISM!"
Says the menu screen. Considering the fight has all but been stamped out by the bunglecunts in the UK lately, leaving me, as a single woodland creature, feeling acutely helpless to do anything of help to anyone under the guiding rule of utterly corrupt Tories propped safely up by a murdoch press empire...some exaggerated super fashy cartoon WW2 nazis and a customized auto-shotgun will have to suffice. So don't mind if do, menu screen!

But first...let's check those data collection default options in the linked Bethesda account website, shalt we? A formality, it's nothing personal, just gotta turn off those harvesting cookies if you don't mind. Oh, you do mind? You've greyed out the ability to untick the option under the description of "We will be taking your various details for analysis, marketing and passing them around our salivating corporate partners you pathetic little data ringworm!" (paraphrasing slightly) Well then! Glad to know where we stand! Thanks for the added dull ache of irony to taint whatever potential schadenfreude I was gonna extract from this. 🧐

Yoku's island Express.
Yay, quirky pinball adventure mashups! A subgenre of growing endearment for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
A couple years ago I replayed New Vegas with the intention of beating it and I think I did? I marked it down as completed on my list, anyway. I honestly can't remember the ending at all, though.
Y'know those movies, even if fiction about fake people in a fake story, but give you superscripts of what happened to people after the movie? Animal House did it best. That's how New Vegas ended. But depending upon the choices you make, you can have any number of different endings. I stayed with Mr. House. @Kyrian007 went another way and got another ending. Fun the way I played it with 2 main frustrations:
1) Felt like everytime I was introduced to a new people, they demanded all my guns for now. I hated that.
2) After every little thing, I was supposed to go report I did it to someone. The teleport cheat is much better than fast travel to reduce that frustration.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
New vegas definetly whimper toward the end so it's not surprise someone might not remember the ending. The story is built around this conflict between the legion and the NCR who have two very different vision of the wasteland. The problem is that the legion content was severely cut and all that remain is this group of misogynist slaver who torture people for shit and giggle. So it's kinda hard to take that side seriously.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Nearly done with Symphony of the Night; I don't think I found absolutely everything, but based on a walkthrough I found, I think I've done as much as I need to to get the good ending.

Reactions: Worgen and gorfias

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Paratopic.
Was about a quid and can be done in under an hour, but with no save function. Curious little first-person atmospheric horror(ish) waking simulator with low res early PS2 graphics and impressive sound design for a budget title. It's very coy about story and cuts jarringly between scenes on purpose. It's different, but I can't think of many people who'd be into it other than Lynch fans and those adjacent who don't mind a weird experience with minimal payoff. Credits thank Amphetamine amongst a couple of names, which could be as equally sincere as it could be a joke. 🤔