What are you currently playing?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
GoW: Ragnarok has some real peaks and valleys with its story. Some story moments hit really, really well, others... not so much.

Also, the game feels sigficantly harder than GoW '18. None of the plot related bosses or enemy gauntlets in '18 were this hard even on Give Me God of War mode - I'm playing on the second highest difficulty in Ragnarok and some bits and Bosses are having me for breakfast.
Then I can't wait to get wherever you're at, cause right now it's been pretty easy for me. I've died maybe a couple of times in regular battle and that's always exciting cause it means the meagre combat opportunities double whenever I die.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Then I can't wait to get wherever you're at, cause right now it's been pretty easy for me. I've died maybe a couple of times in regular battle and that's always exciting cause it means the meagre combat opportunities double whenever I die.
Sounds like you're not that far behind me. Just wait until you get to the next realm. New and tougher encounters. It's got some sick boss encounters too. Did you finish the second solo Atreus section? If you did, then you're mostly about to be where I'm at.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
I hate Zone of Enders 2 just as much as the first. It's very frustrating to control since there's about a million enemies on screen and selecting the one you actually want to target is next to impossible. Not to mention your ranged attacks to as much damage as spitballs and your mechs armor is actually tinfoil so you die very easily. Also the support characters constantly harp at you, repeating the same lines over and over.

The voice acting and cutscenes are amusingly bad, but it's not really enough to save the awful gameplay.
Did an about-face on Vampire Survivors. After trying it out on a console with a TV it seemed lame but when I was looking for something to do with my eyes and hands while listening to a bunch of music, I got the game on my laptop via Steam and it is perfect for that.
So yeah you do just walk around and it's all about managing your power-ups but I was getting into it when completely changing the context of when and how I play.
You're supposed to survive for half and hour to win and so far the furthest I've gotten is 15 minutes but from a bit of googling it gets really hard so I can't imagine actually "beating" it, but I don't care right now I guess.
Unless things have changed a lot since I played (and it's certainly likely), the key is to get as many ascended weapons as you can. I don't know if the game tells you about this yet, because it didn't before, but if you get both a specific weapon and it's support weapon to level 10 and then open a chest you will get a much more powerful version of that weapon. You should just look up a list of the possible combinations so you know what you are aiming at. If you don't get these you pretty much can't win, if you get enough you win automatically. The bible was a very good weapon, as I remember.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Minecraft, on my Switch. Wanted it portable, and while it's decent, it's weirdly buggy? I don't know how or why it's as rough as it is, Microsoft had made a version that is supposed to work universally. Ah well... It gets the job done

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Maybe you're just better at the game than I am. I did go through a somewhat easier part of the game when I was wearing the armor that turns your rage bar into a second health bar.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Maybe you're just better at the game than I am. I did go through a somewhat easier part of the game when I was wearing the armor that turns your rage bar into a second health bar.
Nah, I'm playing on normal mode. Maybe it's on me for not taking it up a notch. I don't remember 2018 (also played on normal) being so casual but maybe that's me remembering the last few Valkyrie fights. I hope Ragnarok has an equivalent.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Nah, I'm playing on normal mode. Maybe it's on me for not taking it up a notch. I don't remember 2018 (also played on normal) being so casual but maybe that's me remembering the last few Valkyrie fights. I hope Ragnarok has an equivalent.
I'm playing on the second hardest difficulty, but I think what makes it harder is the new enemies - GoW'18 primarily had draugr and they were really the easiest to read. Also, '18 had some super good runic attacks early on, while Ragnarok is very stingy in doling them out. I don't think I got a heavy runic attack for my axe untill after maybe 10 hours at the earliest.

And yes, there are valkyrie equivalents.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Xbox Live Game today is Dead End Job.

Everything about it is pretty fun except the most important thing. You don't shoot where you want to aim. Frustrating rather than fun.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I'm playing on the second hardest difficulty, but I think what makes it harder is the new enemies - GoW'18 primarily had draugr and they were really the easiest to read. Also, '18 had some super good runic attacks early on, while Ragnarok is very stingy in doling them out. I don't think I got a heavy runic attack for my axe untill after maybe 10 hours at the earliest.

And yes, there are valkyrie equivalents.
I'm at 15 hours and still haven't found a heavy runic attack for either weapon.

Didn't really get into the combat until I reached Vanaheim. Finally a decent sampling of fights and bosses. I'm deducting points though for having Freya constantly yelling GET UP ON THE HYDRA'S BACK.

Oh and is it just me or are most realms just the same enchanted forest scenery but with slightly different lighting? Alfheim, Jotunheim and Vanaheim all look like the same place.

I'll give the game credit for feeling "epic" in scope. It's still really unfocused but all these mini adventures within different contexts featuring different combinations of characters are growing on me. Gives me a good place to stop too when each episode has such a clear beginning, middle and end. I'm invested enough I
always want to see what happens next.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
I hate Zone of Enders 2 just as much as the first. It's very frustrating to control since there's about a million enemies on screen and selecting the one you actually want to target is next to impossible. Not to mention your ranged attacks to as much damage as spitballs and your mechs armor is actually tinfoil so you die very easily. Also the support characters constantly harp at you, repeating the same lines over and over.
I never really had an issue with needing to target one thing among many. Just go in and dash slash the shit out of whatever's closest. When there are actual massive swarms, it tends to be the mosquito drones and you're just meant to homing laser the shit out of them.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Finally beat Cursed to Golf! Victory mildly soured because trophies stopped popping around the third boss level. Gonna try deleting the save, uninstalling and downloading again. It's a roguelike anyway so I might as well try a new run.

I maintain though that the game isn't very good at rewarding you for every run. Unless you beat a boss you don't get anything that carries over into the next run, and there's no good way of gauging your progress except for how familiar you become with each course. Cards carry over only if you bank them (meaning you can't use them in the losing round) and money just disappears; I think money at least should carry over and let you spend it on cards ala Rogue Legacy before reentering the golf course.

Also if ever there was a game begging for offline multiplayer, this is it.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Not going to give a lowdown on everything, but here's a lowdown on some things:

APEX LEGENDS

So I downloaded this for Xbox One, which was a mistake - a) because it's a twitch-FPS for a controller, and b) said controller has drift. That being said, for whatever reason, I've kept coming back to the game, even though it's like banging my head against the wall.

Let's be clear - I absolutely suck at this. There's been a no. of matches where I've done no damage, and I don't think I've ever broken double digits in damage dealt (edit: might have once since I started typing this). And while one squad I was in got to the #2 position in a match, that definitely wasn't on me. I've seen Apex Legends be talked about in the same company as stuff like Overwatch, but I'll be clear, as far as I'm concerned, this isn't a hero shooter. Sure, every hero (or "legend") has a passive, ability, and ultimate, but your gunplay matters more than anything else. Compare that to hero shooters like Overwatch or Paladins, where plenty of the characters don't wield firearms at all. Since I've got Game Pass for a month, I'll try and get the most out of it, but I don't see myself 'gitting gud.' Which is my fault, not the game's, but really, I don't think I'm cut out for it. At least it made it easier to absorb character lore from the wiki, so there's that.

SONIC FRONTIERS

This is the 'meat' of what I'm playing right now. I'm around 7 hours in and up to the second island. I thought for awhile about how to structure my thoughts, and I've decided to broadly divide them between gameplay and story. To be clear, assuming every island is of equal length, that means I'm less than 40% through the game, and I didn't 100% the first island either (though came close), but I'd say I've played enough to give an informed opinion on things. So on that note:

Gameplay:

-Sonic Frontiers is open-world, first and foremost. No, I'm not talking about the adventure fields of stuff like SA1 or Unleashed, I mean 90% of your time will be spent in the open world. On that note, it's pretty neat - while Sonic doesn't control as well as SA1, he still controls better than many other titles, at least in said open field. It's a blast to just run around in of itself, and while not perfect (there's glitches), it's easy enough to keep control.

-You'll be spending a fair bit of time in combat in this game, and again, it's pretty neat. While the combat isn't as in-depth as something like a spectacle fighter, you'll generally want to string together combos to get the most bang for your buck. Sure, lesser enemies are a breeze, get higher enemies, you'll want to use more advanced techniques. Now, if we're making the comparison, the combat system isn't as in-depth as Sonic Unleashed (where the werehog could string together all sorts of combos), but frankly, I find it more enjoyable. I was concerned that the focus on combat would feel at odds in an IP that's all about speed (in theory), but all of it feels natural. It's arguably a case of gameplay-story integration, in that the constructs on the Starfall Islands are implied to be more advanced than Eggman's creations, so the heavy combat focus arguably fits this - Sonic can't just bounce/dash through enemies, he has to put in the hard knocks.

-There's the exploration angle - lots of items you'll want to collect to progress, some of which require serious thinking on how to get there. It's funny, but Sonic Frontiers sort of comes off as a "what if?" Like, if after Super Mario 64, Sonic Team wanted to put Sonic in a similar premise - go to area, find things in area, use speed to find things, rather than the SA1 formula. But whatever the case, while Frontiers doesn't have the depth of a true collectathon when it comes to finding goodies (it's no Mario/Banjo/Spyro), there's still fun to be had here, plus, again, far more space to explore, and the joy of just dashing everywhere to do your schtick.

-On the flipside, there's the Cyberspace stages, and I'll just say it now, of all the boost games (and I still count Frontiers as a boost game), these are in the running for the worst boost stages ever. Likely even worse than Forces. The saving grace is that they make up perhaps 10% of what you'll be doing, but these are really, REALLY bad. To explain why, I'm going to give the following pointers:

a) Recycled environments. Yes, there's a story reason why Cyber Space is using environs like Green Hill and Sky Sanctuary, no, it doesn't mitigate the fact that we're seeing these places AGAIN.

b) Really, really short. On average, they're in the 1-2min range (though unlike Forces, you need to put effort to get the S rank, which has practical rewards, so I'll give them this, the stages give you reason to return and perfect your runs)

c) More than anything, there's the controls. The boost here isn't tied to anything unlike previous games, which takes away strategy, plus the thrill of ploughing through enemies. It's also gimped - you can't use it to dash that far through the air, nor does it provide that much more extra speed while running. And that aside, Sonic's just so damn stiff in these stages, including the inability to drift (which even Forces included, albeit automated).

So, yeah. The Cyber Space stages suck. There's some fun to be had in getting the S rank, but that's about it. So while the overall gameplay is good, the 'good factor' comes entirely from the open world stuff. Cyber Space is just bleh.

Overall, the gameplay is solid. While the Cyber Space stages are the fly in the ointment, the ointment itself is pretty fun to put on.

Story:

There's a questline in the first island that involves Sonic and Amy reuniting a koco (think of a chao/korok hybrid, or just look it up) with its lost love. At the start, Sonic, quite rightly, points out that they've got bigger priorities. Amy, not as correctly, chews him out for it. Nevertheless, the quest progresses, and by the end of it, you win. And by win, I mean that the koco has found the body of its lost love, which died long ago, and has died beside her with a smile on his face.

I bring this up because I'd say it's the perfect metaphor as to how Sonic Frontiers approaches story - hands off, very sedate, the weight of death is all around you. Overall, so far at least, it roughly hits the sweet spot that games like SA1/2 & Unleashed fell into - serious, not so serious it becomes cringe (ala Shadow the Hedgehog or Forces), but not happylite stuff like Colours or Lost World. Considering it's been 14 years since Unleashed was, well, unleashed on the world, it's a nice return to form. I'd still rank Frontiers below those games on the story level, and things could improve/get worse as things go on, but we've probably got the best storytelling, if not necessarily plot, in 14 years (for instances, Forces probably has a stronger plot, while Frontiers has better storytelling).

Now I could leave it at that, but on some other notes:

-Everything is sombre in this game, and I mean everything. This extends to voice acting, dialogue (there's far fewer quips from the characters), tone (even Eggman is far less manic than his usual self), music (in the open-world, all the music is ambient - Cyber Space is more boistrous), etc. Even the environment gets in on the act, whether it be rain, or starfalls, or everything else.

-This extends to the storyline as well. Frontiers's story operates on the principle of having a few key conversations at key areas, with the majority of character interactions being optional. Not exactly new, but it does it fairly well. I actually found myself reminded of Halo Infinite - similar biomes, ruins of a precursor species, Sonic/John is in contact with a female AI, similar architecture, etc. Basically, there's a sense of melencholia that runs through the whole thing. Also, death. Now, to be clear, this isn't a theme, nor would I really call it a motif, but Frontiers reguarly reminds you that something terrible happened on these islands, and you're in the ruins of a civilization that was completely wiped out by...something. Now, before I give it too much credit, I should stress that a lot of this comes from telling as much as showing, whether it be Eggman's audio logs, or Amy pointing stuff out - examples include that the biome of the first island has only just started to recover, or, in what I thought were pylons, were actually gravestones. On the other hand, getting from the first island (lush, pleasant) to the second (desert) possibly presents a case of visual storyteling. Have the biomes shifted because of climate, or is the second island like this because of the calamity that struck? Well, consider the names of the island - first is Kronos (reference to Cronus, God of the Harvest), second is Ares (god of war), and while I may be reading too much into things, if it's intentional, kudos there.

Overall:

Overall, at this time of writing, I'd say Sonic Unleashed is the best 3D Sonic game since Generations. It might be better, it might not, but overall, it's a welcome return to form. Gameplay-wise, the open-world stuff is mostly enjoyable. Cyber Space is drek, but doesn't overstay its welcome. Story is understated, but what it does, it does well. All of this could change by the game's end of course, but at this point in time, I'd wager that this ends up somewhere in my top ten Sonic games.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Sonic Unleashed is the best 3D Sonic game since Generations.
Is that a typo? I think you meant to say Sonic Frontiers, but I am not sure.

Gameplay:

-Sonic Frontiers is open-world, first and foremost. No, I'm not talking about the adventure fields of stuff like SA1 or Unleashed, I mean 90% of your time will be spent in the open world. On that note, it's pretty neat - while Sonic doesn't control as well as SA1, he still controls better than many other titles, at least in said open field. It's a blast to just run around in of itself, and while not perfect (there's glitches), it's easy enough to keep control.

-You'll be spending a fair bit of time in combat in this game, and again, it's pretty neat. While the combat isn't as in-depth as something like a spectacle fighter, you'll generally want to string together combos to get the most bang for your buck. Sure, lesser enemies are a breeze, get higher enemies, you'll want to use more advanced techniques. Now, if we're making the comparison, the combat system isn't as in-depth as Sonic Unleashed (where the werehog could string together all sorts of combos), but frankly, I find it more enjoyable. I was concerned that the focus on combat would feel at odds in an IP that's all about speed (in theory), but all of it feels natural. It's arguably a case of gameplay-story integration, in that the constructs on the Starfall Islands are implied to be more advanced than Eggman's creations, so the heavy combat focus arguably fits this - Sonic can't just bounce/dash through enemies, he has to put in the hard knocks.

-There's the exploration angle - lots of items you'll want to collect to progress, some of which require serious thinking on how to get there. It's funny, but Sonic Frontiers sort of comes off as a "what if?" Like, if after Super Mario 64, Sonic Team wanted to put Sonic in a similar premise - go to area, find things in area, use speed to find things, rather than the SA1 formula. But whatever the case, while Frontiers doesn't have the depth of a true collectathon when it comes to finding goodies (it's no Mario/Banjo/Spyro), there's still fun to be had here, plus, again, far more space to explore, and the joy of just dashing everywhere to do your schtick.

-On the flipside, there's the Cyberspace stages, and I'll just say it now, of all the boost games (and I still count Frontiers as a boost game), these are in the running for the worst boost stages ever. Likely even worse than Forces. The saving grace is that they make up perhaps 10% of what you'll be doing, but these are really, REALLY bad. To explain why, I'm going to give the following pointers:

a) Recycled environments. Yes, there's a story reason why Cyber Space is using environs like Green Hill and Sky Sanctuary, no, it doesn't mitigate the fact that we're seeing these places AGAIN.

b) Really, really short. On average, they're in the 1-2min range (though unlike Forces, you need to put effort to get the S rank, which has practical rewards, so I'll give them this, the stages give you reason to return and perfect your runs)

c) More than anything, there's the controls. The boost here isn't tied to anything unlike previous games, which takes away strategy, plus the thrill of ploughing through enemies. It's also gimped - you can't use it to dash that far through the air, nor does it provide that much more extra speed while running. And that aside, Sonic's just so damn stiff in these stages, including the inability to drift (which even Forces included, albeit automated).

So, yeah. The Cyber Space stages suck. There's some fun to be had in getting the S rank, but that's about it. So while the overall gameplay is good, the 'good factor' comes entirely from the open world stuff. Cyber Space is just bleh.

Overall, the gameplay is solid. While the Cyber Space stages are the fly in the ointment, the ointment itself is pretty fun to put on.

Story:

There's a questline in the first island that involves Sonic and Amy reuniting a koco (think of a chao/korok hybrid, or just look it up) with its lost love. At the start, Sonic, quite rightly, points out that they've got bigger priorities. Amy, not as correctly, chews him out for it. Nevertheless, the quest progresses, and by the end of it, you win. And by win, I mean that the koco has found the body of its lost love, which died long ago, and has died beside her with a smile on his face.

I bring this up because I'd say it's the perfect metaphor as to how Sonic Frontiers approaches story - hands off, very sedate, the weight of death is all around you. Overall, so far at least, it roughly hits the sweet spot that games like SA1/2 & Unleashed fell into - serious, not so serious it becomes cringe (ala Shadow the Hedgehog or Forces), but not happylite stuff like Colours or Lost World. Considering it's been 14 years since Unleashed was, well, unleashed on the world, it's a nice return to form. I'd still rank Frontiers below those games on the story level, and things could improve/get worse as things go on, but we've probably got the best storytelling, if not necessarily plot, in 14 years (for instances, Forces probably has a stronger plot, while Frontiers has better storytelling).

Now I could leave it at that, but on some other notes:

-Everything is sombre in this game, and I mean everything. This extends to voice acting, dialogue (there's far fewer quips from the characters), tone (even Eggman is far less manic than his usual self), music (in the open-world, all the music is ambient - Cyber Space is more boistrous), etc. Even the environment gets in on the act, whether it be rain, or starfalls, or everything else.

-This extends to the storyline as well. Frontiers's story operates on the principle of having a few key conversations at key areas, with the majority of character interactions being optional. Not exactly new, but it does it fairly well. I actually found myself reminded of Halo Infinite - similar biomes, ruins of a precursor species, Sonic/John is in contact with a female AI, similar architecture, etc. Basically, there's a sense of melencholia that runs through the whole thing. Also, death. Now, to be clear, this isn't a theme, nor would I really call it a motif, but Frontiers reguarly reminds you that something terrible happened on these islands, and you're in the ruins of a civilization that was completely wiped out by...something. Now, before I give it too much credit, I should stress that a lot of this comes from telling as much as showing, whether it be Eggman's audio logs, or Amy pointing stuff out - examples include that the biome of the first island has only just started to recover, or, in what I thought were pylons, were actually gravestones. On the other hand, getting from the first island (lush, pleasant) to the second (deser
Thanks for the in-depth review. I plan on getting the game at some point, but there's so many upcoming games on my to do list. I'll probably ask this one as a Christmas gift. I'm picking up Gungrave GORE next week.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So, getting a bit better at Apex Legends. Damage is in the triple digits, better sense of how to play the game, etc.

Is that a typo? I think you meant to say Sonic Frontiers, but I am not sure.
Yeah, that's a typo. Frontiers is the best 3D Sonic game since Generations.

Bit of a tangent, but since I'm here, if I had to rank the 3D games from Unleashed to Frontiers, right now it would be:

1) Generations
2) Unleashed
3) Lost World
4) Colours
5) Forces

Right now, Frontiers is above Lost World, but jury's still out on where it ranks with the top two.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Ragnarok. Last night’s session went well. No crashes! Perhaps because of the recent patch, but I remain cautiously optimistic. The alligator/dino thing…forget its name…Dreki or something, was fun without rage or res. stone. Took a bit but I think still easier than The Hateful 3 pack. I’m still a bit scared to all out block much of anything with the Dauntless shield, so will usually just dodge roll everything besides the yellow attacks. There was a lot of that in this fight lol. Also can’t really turn your back on that thing or it’s pretty much lights out. It’s a pretty balanced fight on GMGOW, and you need to mind your openings, like when it’s doing the lightning AOE is a good time to go stomp on a greenie.

Also got a chuckle out of this whole offshoot occurring because of the busted caboose. I think had he known Kratos would’ve just smashed the fucker to save the time and hassle. At least he got the first Heavy runic out of it.

Casual Shinji

Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Finished GoW: Ragnarok.

I'm wobbly on the ending; I don't hate it, I don't love it, but I'm not apathetic toward it either. Kinda like how I feel about the game on a whole. I do really like how Sindri is having none of the 'big happy family who totally forgives one another' once Brok dies, and remains that way to the very end (of the credits anyway - I don't know if they're going to do something with him post-game). It shows that no, not everyone is going to be okay after all this is done, and I wish this was applied to more characters.

Like for example, Thrud, who just switches sides to join up with a kid and his father (who murdered her brothers and uncle) she's known for at best a week. And then after her dad gets killed by her grandfather seemingly very easily picks herself back up. Thrud is one of the biggest casualties of this game rushing through a lot of it's plot. She's sort of an important side character, or at least is presented as such, but her arc could fit on a postage stamp. Thor suffers similarly, though to a lesser extent, and so does Odin. In their case though it feels like a disservice to how they are when written well.

Thor shares an interesting parallel with Kratos (and with Freya and Odin), in that they're both parents who did their children very, very wrong. It's one of the more interesting themes in the game. At the start when we first meet Odin he speaks of Baldur, his son, having value, but only mentioning his practical qualities. He's upset not because his son is dead, but because he lost his best tracker. Kratos on the otherhand is on the complete opposite side where he loves his son, but refuses to let him use the skills he has to set out to forge his own path. This is generally well handled with Kratos and Atreus, but with Thor it's done very bluntly, by having other characters basically tell him in a rather corny way. Characters that Thor fucking hates by the way. Presenting Thor as warming up to either Atreus or Kratos, taking some of their words to heart is just stupid. The dude commited Giant genocide; having Kratos sit him down and say 'be a better parent' is Nickelodeon level messaging. Thor obviously to an extent laments that he's a piece of shit who just murders, and that he should not be, but the way the game tries to offer him a hand was cornball shit.

Freyr sucks by the way. Like who the fuck is this douche and why is the game trying to make him part of the gang? I'm not the biggest fan of Freya's performance in this game (or the last one), but she easily earns her stripes as an engaging character compared to Freyr. Felt nothing when the dude died. Ziltch.

Speaking of which, was there any point to Surtr? We did the whole thing of making him an Asgard destroying super god so he could break through the wall to kill Odin, but then he gets momentarily stopped, and Sindri just breaks through the wall and we kill Odin with zero help from Surtr. 🤷‍♂️

Similarly with Angrboda and Fenrir; a lot to do about characters who eventually didn't do very much at all.

I got more to say and maybe I will.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Apex Legends: Well, I won a match. And by won, I mean I happened to be in a squad that did most of the winning. But, y'know, baby steps.

Sonic Frontiers: I finally got an S rank on 1-2 (anyone who's played the game will know what that means), and finally beat one of the squiddies...which just gave me a standard portal gear. Boo.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
1) Generations
2) Unleashed
3) Lost World
4) Colours
5) Forces
For my list:
  1. Generations
  2. Colors - Keep in mind, I am not a fans of this game, but I have no choice because I hate the Werehog sections in Unleashed so much.
  3. Unleashed - If Sega ever made a version that allows you to skip Werehog or remove them entirely, it would be higher on the list.
  4. Forces - I still had fun, but once I did everything, there was not much to back towards. The story was wasted, and bosses are lazy recycles within the game, or previous Boost games. The soundtrack is killer, but that's about it.
I never played the Wii U version of Lost World, and I don't have a Wii U anymore. Sega could port this game to modern consoles, and I wouldn't mind taking a stab at it. I'd find more enjoyment over LW, than Unleashed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawki