What are you doing in 5 hours?

Fallow

NSFB
Oct 29, 2014
As the topic title asks, what will you be doing in 5 hours?

This might seem like a typical question with individual answers, but that is not the case. This is one of the rare occassions where a confluence of fate and divinity creates a right and wrong answer.

So, what will you be doing then, and how have you planned? Have you pre-loaded? Have you called in pre-sick?

(Hint)

EDIT: FIVE HOURS REMAIN! GET ON MY LEVEL!

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
To be honest, I didn't realize the Witcher 3 would come out tomorrow until 2 days ago. As for what I'll be doing. Playing GTA V. Not that I don't like W3. I do, a lot. I have the previous two games as well. But I haven't pre-ordered and won't do so either. I'll see if I want to buy the game in a few days when the reviews have come in. I feel like CDProject RED won't mess the game up, but I vowed after Mass Effect 3 that I would never pre-order again, and wait until I get reviews/reactions from others before deciding.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I'll probably be talking to some Americans and really enjoying it; they're good people.

Oh, The Witcher 3 comes out? I'll watch some playthrough videos, I suppose. I must admit that my interest has been mounting and it's on my list for a later sale. Looks goood.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
I'll be watching the download bar on my Xbox as it downloads the 500mb day one update for Witcher 3. Then depending on the time I'll either go to bed or play some Witcher.

Fallow

NSFB
Oct 29, 2014
Dalek Caan said:
I'll be watching the download bar on my Xbox as it downloads the 500mb day one update for Witcher 3. Then depending on the time I'll either go to bed or play some Witcher.
Oh, right. I haven't thought about that stuff since I got a fiber connection worthy of a gentleman. Unfortunately, I think it's only going to get worse in the US.

DeadProxy

Sep 15, 2010
Sleeping most likely. I don't want to buy Witcher 3 until I beat Witcher 2, and I don't want to do that until I replay Witcher 1. And who knows when I'll get around to doing that.

I don't want to do what I did with Dragon Age and just jump into the third game when I was only a few hours into Origins, and not be continuing "my own path" so to speak. I want the whole experience....

However, I just looked up online for how Witcher 3 will handle importing your choices from older games, and on the console version, it just gets the option of a "special conversation with a character" where you basically answer "yes/no" to things that happened in the previous games...I was totally prepared to sit at a website and tick off how I handled every event in the games, but to have it all boiled down to a chat at some point in the game is slightly disappointing. At least the PC gets to straight up import Witcher 2 saves, but I don't got one of those >.>

Fallow

NSFB
Oct 29, 2014
DeadProxy said:
Sleeping most likely. I don't want to buy Witcher 3 until I beat Witcher 2, and I don't want to do that until I replay Witcher 1. And who knows when I'll get around to doing that.

I don't want to do what I did with Dragon Age and just jump into the third game when I was only a few hours into Origins, and not be continuing "my own path" so to speak. I want the whole experience....
DA:O is sort of incompatible with DA:I. If you want the original (and best) feel of the world, play DA:O first. It's comprehensive, evolving, immersive, and tangible. It's an awesome experience.
DA:I foregoes all of that for a senseless manga style where everything is bright neon and magical explosions are more common than breakfast. If anything, start with DA:O, and then do DA2. The second installment has a lot of problems, but it doesn't vivisect the setting and lore as bad as DA:I. Also, combat mechanics in DA2 are hands down the best in the series.

However, I just looked up online for how Witcher 3 will handle importing your choices from older games, and on the console version, it just gets the option of a "special conversation with a character" where you basically answer "yes/no" to things that happened in the previous games...I was totally prepared to sit at a website and tick off how I handled every event in the games, but to have it all boiled down to a chat at some point in the game is slightly disappointing. At least the PC gets to straight up import Witcher 2 saves, but I don't got one of those >.>

If you are strapped for time you can skip the original Witcher, it doesn't interleave much with the second game. TW2 is now better than ever (CDPR released an enhanced version that everyone can upgrade to for free) and I strongly recommend it.

It's a shame that you can't finetune your history on consoles, though that's just another reason to join the PC master race. You get undeserved ego just for joining!
Here's modern society as reflected by gaming hardware:

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
I have pre-loaded.

It seems that would answer your question D:

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Well, I don't have work tomorrow so, depending on the exact time, I shall either be at home playing Witcher 3, at a bakery eating lunch, at the gym or moving between one of the aforementioned locations.

I'm sure this information will prove invaluable.

Fallow

NSFB
Oct 29, 2014
Zhukov said:
Well, I don't have work tomorrow so, depending on the exact time, I shall either be at home playing Witcher 3, at a bakery eating lunch, at the gym or moving between one of the aforementioned locations.

Lies! How do you explain going to the bakery if you want to gym it up?

the silence said:
I have pre-loaded.

It seems that would answer your question D:
This is the kind of enthusiasm I'm looking for!

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
It's a shame that you can't finetune your history on consoles, though that's just another reason to join the PC master race. You get undeserved ego just for joining!
My consoles are more capable of running games than my notebook, what does that make me? :p

Anyway, I'm due for a new game, but I'd rather grab something from my backlog than go out of my way to buy something new. As for what game that will be... Bravely Default, maybe? I'm in a handheld mood.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Fallow said:
Zhukov said:

I go to the bakery in order to imbibe the protein and energy required for an hour or so of picking up heavy things and putting them down again.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
I'll be asleep once the game releases, then be at a seminar about self-harm most of the day after which I'll be boulder climbing with a friend. I expect to be playing the Witcher 3 in about 32 hours. This doesn't really bother me.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Asleep, then study once I wake up and do some archery practice in the evening to clear my head. Then probably study after that. Because exam time is nearing and this paper I'm currently working on is swallowing up way too much time.

The Witcher 3 is pretty much down at the bottom of my priority list. I haven't even finished The Witcher 2, or the first for that matter. I might at one point, I liked 2 enough. But somehow I never really found the time for it. Until then The Witcher 3 won't even be nearly in my sights. Not to mention that I doubt that my PC can properly handle 3.

Fallow

NSFB
Oct 29, 2014
Zhukov said:
Fallow said:
Zhukov said:

I go to the bakery in order to imbibe the protein and energy required for an hour or so of picking up heavy things and putting them down again.
Everyone knows you get your protein from tackling wild animals and feasting on their legs, not from some magical strudel factory. Unless...

Are you a wizard?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Probably going to sleep after watching a fine 3 hours of entertainment that is the Northernlion Live Super Show. Or possibly Football Manager.

Fallow

NSFB
Oct 29, 2014
NPC009 said:
My consoles are more capable of running games than my notebook, what does that make me? :p

Anyway, I'm due for a new game, but I'd rather grab something from my backlog than go out of my way to buy something new. As for what game that will be... Bravely Default, maybe? I'm in a handheld mood.
You only count the highest, so it depends if it's an Apple or a real computer.
I've heard that Bravely Default is the spiritual successor of FFT. That is awesome. But the graphical style was pretty terrible from what I saw.

Fallow

NSFB
Oct 29, 2014
LeathermanKick25 said:
Fallow said:
Zhukov said:
Fallow said:
Zhukov said:

Everyone knows you get your protein from tackling wild animals and feasting on their legs, not from some magical strudel factory. Unless...

Are you a wizard?
Better, Australian. We spend so much time fighting and survive the giant funnel web mounted drop bears that we enjoy a nice moit pie at the bakery for our protein needs.
Ooh, is that like Vegemite but from drop bears? I was attacked by a drop bear once, had to divert it with my flyswatter hat while I ran the other way. Was a noice hat too.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom

Take a guess.
That's right, I'll be sleeping for most of tonight as I'm sick as a dog. I'll probably boot it up, tweak some settings and see how it handles for an hour or so though.

Thankfully tomorrow is my day off anyway, so I'll be Witchering it up in a Skype call with a fellow Witcher fan hopefully.