What are you Playing now? and What you think of it?

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
Been Playing TF2, Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros DS, And Battlefield 1943.
Since I've finished College and had no job, I've had all the time in the world for games =)
AND I WANT MOAR!

Nihlex

Jun 30, 2009
Finishing up MGS Portable Ops, and just starting Prinny Can I Really Be The Hero?
This MGS feels meh, while Prinny is totally awesome dood!

Exia91

Jul 7, 2010
Yet another FPS on the stash.

And I think it's repetitive.. aren't they all?

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
[font color=660000]METRO 2033[/font] -- and saying: "Shee, I love this game." every few minutes.

YurdleTheTurtle

Mar 23, 2009
Currently I'm juggling between Team Fortress 2, which just received a huge arse free update, Red Dead Redemption single player, and Starcraft 2 beta, which also just re-opened up to the public very recently.

Chances are, since the beta is limited, I'm basically going to be only playing the SC2 beta and skipping out on TF2 (the stuff will still be there, and a gazillion people will still be only playing Engineers)until its over. I'm almost finished RDR and I'll play it once in a while in between.

Of these three games, I think all of them are amazing. TF2 needs no explanation - Fantastic fun, in addition to free updates that keep the game fun long after release. SC2 beta is also fun for me, as I like the gameplay so far, in addition to seeing what amazing creations map makers have made. As for Red Dead Redemtpion, I cannot play multiplayer but the single player has been amazing so far. I love how they nailed everything in all categories. The setting, story, visuals, audio, gameplay, and fun factor are all up there.

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
Anah said:
[font color=660000]METRO 2033[/font] -- and saying: "Shee, I love this game." every few minutes.
Fucking love that game.

I'm (literally) playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl. It's fucking amazing. I'm only about 3 hours in, and it's one of the most immersive games I've ever played. Much as I love Fallout 3, I can't help but think S.T.A.L.K.E.R is much like it but with great shooting controls.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Almost completed Split/Second, the most awesome racing game since Burnout: Revenge. No Paradise doesn't count, it wasn't awesome :(

Also just dipped back into Silent Hill 2 and then back out again because I scared myself! :p

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Red Dead Redemption: was great until I got to Mexico, now that I finally cleared that it's getting better again but I'm mostly playing through it to finish it.

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
Sephychu said:
Anah said:
Fucking love that game.

I'm (literally) playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl. It's fucking amazing. I'm only about 3 hours in, and it's one of the most immersive games I've ever played. Much as I love Fallout 3, I can't help but think S.T.A.L.K.E.R is much like it but with great shooting controls.
You've just reminded me that I have to re-install that. Thank you.

Pyode

Jul 1, 2009
I'm borrowing MW2 from my cousin right now. I'm just now mopping up the last of the Spec Ops. All I can really say about it is "meh".

I honestly don't see why this game is so popular. Scripted AI behaviors, boring story, Spec Ops is 90% recycled from campaign (including enemy spawns, objectives, and dialogue), and multiplayer that has nothing particularly interesting or innovative.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I just don't get it.

On the other hand, I am also playing Golden Sun for like the 20th time, and that game is fucking awesome!

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
TF2. Loving playing Koth Harvest as Sniper. With all the engis its like a shooting gallery. Shoot the sentry once and wait for the fools to start repairing. You would think they would wisen up after the 10th time.

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
Anah said:
Sephychu said:
Anah said:
Fucking love that game.

You've just reminded me that I have to re-install that. Thank you.
Welcome. It's just SUCH a good game.

Also, can your rig run Metro 2033 at full capacity?

If so, could you tell me how you managed to get to computer heaven?

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
Sephychu said:
Welcome. It's just SUCH a good game.

Also, can your rig run Metro 2033 at full capacity?

If so, could you tell me how you managed to get to computer heaven?
I'm running it on dx9 with the general videos setting on max. Had to switch off the advanced physics engine, so I don't even know what that one does. To leave dx9 means to make it look even more stunning, but the game is unplayable then. Least for me.

Though.. it's beautiful as it is now, so /shrug

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Sgt. Sykes said:
Ninja Blade: stupid, but sooo stylish. In other word, LOL.
Played that about a year ago. Over-the-top sillyness all the way through, but undeniably fun.

OT: Transformers' War for Cybertron gets the most playtime at the moment, and it's awesome. First game in many, many years where I actually play multiplayer, too.

Other than that, Beat Hazard was probably the best Steam deal I got yet. The colors!!!

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Red Dead Redemption - Kinda slow at times but still fun none the less
And
Forza 3 - It's been a long time since I have enjoyed a racer sim (smashing up cars that cost more than my house is fun :p)