What are you playing right now?

JimGames

Jul 30, 2015
Right now I'm playing Mariokart 8, Guacamelee, Diablo 3, and Burrito Bison Revenge. What are you playing? What do you think I should play next?

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I'm playing Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth. It's fantastic. Definitely better than any of the other games in the series up to that point.

If you get the chance, you should try Mario's Picross. It's a forgotten little masterpiece.

Sep 9, 2007
On PS3:
Tales of Xillia 2 (Near the end of the first cycle, still deciding if I want to NG+)
Drakengard! 3! (Currently on Route B... Things started off fairly tame, but they're becoming more Drakengard now)

On PC:
Enemy (Getting used to the latest changes to very hard difficulty, I want to start recording a run of this soon)
Anno 2070 (My current random strategy game)
Timber and Stone (For when I'm feeling creative. I haven't been playing this much, though. I'm waiting for the next patch to drop before getting too invested)
Skyrim (For when I can't be bothered playing anything else)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Mostly Grand theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox 360), Magic Duels 2014 (PC), Race The Sun/Chrono Trigger (PS Vita) when I have a chance, and I started Guacamelee.

Oh, and Tap Titans on my phone, because usually I just need something mindless to pass the time.

jelock

Nov 29, 2009
Currently Arkham Origins on PS3, GTA 5 on Xbox One and Vector on tablet

Phlap

Jun 1, 2011
Fallout New Vegas again again.

I keep finding little things I missed on previous playthroughs. It's fantastic.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I was playing Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth like 10mins ago but I got so fucking bored! Its been nothing but poorly rendered NPCs saying the same three lines over and over "Spread out!" "Search the area!" "Find him!"
And its been like that non-stop for like 2 hours of gameplay now. And to make matters worse I have no fucking clue what's going on. I mean I do, technically, because I've read a bunch of Lovecraft. So I know about Dagon and cults and monster breeding yadda yadda.
But none of that is being explain in the game, which to a "layman" must being very frustrating. And the game keeps trying to make me care about random people. Like they made a big deal of some chick getting killed leading me to a church and I was all like "Oh no! Not Asset_Dame_001A! She was my favorite means-to-an-end asset that could have easily been replaced with a map for all the good she did to the plot!"

But the icing on this unpleasant experience is that its not scary. Yeah, a weird fishman ate a little girl! And ooohh how scary, there's a human skull in the sewers or a lady hanging from the rafters in an abandoned building...and so? So what? Ever played a 40k game? You're lucky if all that happens is a bunch of orphans being sacrificed to a Dark God.
It feels like one of those amusement park horror rides, where if you're a kid and still think there's something under your bed, its totally scary. But as an adult you're just sitting there thinking "Boy, you lack a lot of imagination if all you have to scare me is red tempera paint and some Halloween supplies."

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
Kholat on PC, really creepy, and I love Sean Bean:

Going to try a little Cradle as well, then some Chivalry or Rising Storm.

vledleR

Nov 3, 2014
OpenRA, an open source reimplementation of Westwood Studios' Red Alert.

It fixes some of the major balance issues (playing Allies in a land battle is a little more viable) and gave it some more modern touches in terms of control, like production queues and attack move. Unfortunately, not many people are playing it :(

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well I'm waiting for the next episodes of Life is Strange and Takes from the Borderlands[footnote]Game of Thrones too but I thought the 5th episode was awful and it has killed all my excitement for that game[/footnote] so I can play those, other than that a multiplayer shooter called DirtyBomb, Valkyria Chronicles and The Longest Journey, that's about it right now.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I am playing Splatoon for the WiiU, Lost Dimension and Batman: Arkham City for the PS3, and Pokemon Omega Ruby for the 3DS.

If you haven't played any of the following, I highly recommend them.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Technically, I'm not playing it right now, but Fallout: Dust.
It's a mod for Fallout: New Vegas, and it is evil as hell. And has a nice little list of recommended mods. Unfortunately, my two most recent saves crash the game, so I've lost an hour of base building progress, but I'm gonna see if I can reset my base to try making a new, more impressive base.
Phlap said:
Fallout New Vegas again again.

I keep finding little things I missed on previous playthroughs. It's fantastic.
You should totally try Fallout: Dust.
I mean, you'll only die over and over as soon as you step out of the start building.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
I'm playing the following:

Xbox 360:
Dark Souls
Assassin's Creed 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

PC:
Fallout 2
Master of Orion 2
FTL: Faster Than Light: Advanced Edition
Minecraft
Shovel Knight

I plan on getting The Consuming Shadow as soon as I can afford it, along with BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend(assuming I can find a copy) and Just Cause 2.

jamail77

May 21, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
Hi, welcome to the forum.
Johnny Novgorod is the only one who said hello and welcomed the newcomer to the forums. You all should be ashamed of yourselves! ASHAMED! (I kid, I kid)

jelock said:
Currently Arkham Origins on PS3, GTA 5 on Xbox One and Vector on tablet
Playing Arkham Origins myself except on PC. I wish I had a device capable of playing GTA 5 and I have no idea what Vector. I have a low end laptop so I've been trying to boost performance for Origins. You can see more about that in this gaming discussion forum post here. I asked, out of curiosity and for interesting discussion's sake rather than to help myself, how people go about boosting their devices' gaming performance.

I've also been playing Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith. It was an expansion pack for Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. I never played it because nobody in my family bought it for me. I bought the entire series for a friend of mine and decided if he's not going to play it then I will. Glad Steam Sharing exists now (he lives quite far away from me and I don't want to sign into his account) even if it is kind of borrowed from the Xbox One concept before they dropped it.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Just a fun little DS game from 2008 called Bangai-O Spirits. A nice little shoot em up title from Treasure, the same guys behind Ikaruga. And it shows. The game is full of bullets and difficulty. Lovely little thing though that pushed the DS to the point of near constant slowdown. Though, it helped you make better decisions, as I can't imagine the whole game with 60FPS split-reaction gameplay at all times. Some of the levels made by the devs are brutal!

tyriless

Aug 27, 2010
Just wrapped up Alien Isolation and it's the most mixed I feel about any game I've played recently. Don't get me wrong,it was an awesome experience, but the puzzles are obtuse and ending has a lot to be desired, and I don't ask for much out of my video game endings other then a sense of closure.

Right now, I am playing Mercenary Kings on the PC: a run & gun game in the vein of Metal Slug with some RPG elements tossed in. It's fun, but I am itching for an action game with a little bit deeper combat mechanics.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
After finishing 'Demon's Souls' I immediatly started with 'Dark Souls 2' on the PS4 (my order of the first DS got lost in the mail 2 times, still waiting for the 3rd to arrive...).

And whenever I'm stressed by the game or my job, I'm playing different TellTale Games at the same time. Though I own all currently published episodes of 'Tales from the Borderlands', 'Game of Thrones' and 'The Walking Dead' I force myself to play one episode per title and then switch to another of their games.

I also just downloaded episode 4 of 'Life is Strange, but I'll take my time before starting it. Storywise this game evolved from interesting to fantastic and I want to be in the right mind set to savor every moment.

BrokenTinker

Sep 11, 2014
FFXIV - just like a typical FF, except with a multiplayers plugin! Suitable for a more casual playstyle compared to the XI. My fishing somehow became my highest level, the various music while fishing is just so nice and relaxing, especially when you've to bugger off at a moment's notice like I do.

Plenty of funny moments, with quite a bit of dark, mature events. Makes me shudder that some really young kids are playing it, but meh, I'm not their parents.