What are you reading...?

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Beyond band of brothers the war memories of Major Dick Winters. A very sad yet heart warming read.

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
I have just finished reading Carrie by Stephen King. At the moment I have just started to read the Dunwich Horror by H.P. Lovecraft, after that I'll read Call of Cthulu (not sure how you spell that).

DJude

Jul 1, 2009
I'm reading Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy, and i just finished Inferno, gonna start Purgatorio sometime soon...

ezeroast

Jan 25, 2009
Finishing up my Calvin and Hobbes books and reading "Holidays in Hell" by P J O'Rourke

Cekil1

Aug 22, 2008
*Currently reading

Berserk
Gantz
Ender's Game series

*Recently finished

the "Darren Shan" series
Changes ( most recently released "Dresden Files" novel )

Beardon65

Jul 16, 2009
W40k The Founding: A Gaunt's Ghosts Omnibus by Dan Abnett. I love it to death. I might just read the rest of his book. I've at least counted TEN head explosions. My head movies make it so cool :D.

Also reading "The Hunger Games". I forgot who wrote it though. I'll edit the author in.

EDIT: Suzzane Collins was the author of the Hunger Games.

Dec 14, 2008
Right now I'm reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (in case you didn't know), so far it's alright but I'm only half way through the book so I don't have a final opinion. Also, could anyone recommend me a book that makes a good argument against objectivism, because I have a habit of absorbing everything I read and this includes the opinion of the author, this can be very troubling if you are trying to stay as neutral as possible.

Doctor What

Jul 29, 2008
My 1920 SIGNED copy of "This Side of Paradise." Then I plan on reading "Crime and Punishment" again. The later is my favorite book.

Manicotti

Apr 10, 2009
The Art of War
A Clockwork Orange
Thus Spake Zarathustra
Devices and Desires

and whatever i find lying around.

un533n

Nov 24, 2008
John Doe123 said:
Where the Red Fern grows...and so far, it's crap.
That's the best book ever. I wept like a child. Actually, I was a child. I read that in 7th grade English.

un533n

Nov 24, 2008
ProfessorLayton said:
I actually just finished Everything is Going to Kill Everybody by Robert Brockway. You might recognize the title if you're a Cracked visitor. It was insanely scary, but still managed to be very funny. I actually learned a lot by reading it.

As for right now, I'm reading Rebel Without A Crew which is basically Robert Rodriguez's diary.
On the topic of Cracked writers.. John Dies at the End was a wonderful book by the editor of the site, David Wong.

Reaper69lol said:
"Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde and other strange tales" by Robert Louis Stevenson
Something straaaaaaange about the white powder doc.

RLS's Treasure Island was such a fun adventure to read.. I have to suggest it as well. It's like Pirates of the Caribbean and Ocean's 11 before either of them existed.

DarkWolf901

Mar 10, 2009
R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt Do'Urden books. Just bought Legacy of the Drow off ebay and I can't wait for it to get here. I've read it before, but there are some new ones out recently and I want to read through the whole thing. :p

Junkle

in the trunkle.
Oct 26, 2009
I just finished World War Z. Great book, I definitely recommend it.
I'm in the middle of Hamlet, whichi isn't my choice, it's for English class, which is sucking all the fun out of it.
Otherwise, I've been reading some Terry Pratchett. Lots of good stuff there.

jam.on.the.toasts

Nov 19, 2009
haha I'm part way through the following books:
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- the prince by Niccolò Machiavelli
- life of pi by Yann Martel
- the gap into power: a dark and hungry god arises by Stephen R. Donaldson (re reading the series)
EDIT: and the picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde

I've just finished Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder and I have thud and making money by terry pratchett waiting

sagacious

May 7, 2009
AccursedTheory said:
Your post (Ha. Ha. Ha.)

Actually, I'm reading Warhammer 40K novels. Grand literature? No. Fun? Hell yes.
Ninja'd

OT: I read the harry potter series for the first time last semester (crazy I know.) Right Now, I am actually writing something, and am trying to stay influence/homage free.