What Are You Usually "Hypocrytical" About?

urahara75

Aug 21, 2010
You can usually catch me @ one point or another playing "Devil's Advocate" for longstanding game franchises than make "interesting" changes to its games' story, visual aesthetic, gameplay mechanic(s), &/or character(s) (*coughcough* Other M, Soul Calibur 3/4, Dragon Age Origins/2, Bioshock 2, just to name a few *coughcough*), citing the changes as beneficial to abate the IP becoming stagnant or "dead". Then I'd turn around and lash out against other observers who note new games/franchises that borrow heavily from existing games & gaming design trends extensively, usually inevitably retorting "...those designs, trends, and tropes currently work for a reason!!". /talkingoutofass

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Saltyk said:
I hate hypocrisy with a passion. Which makes even a minor hypocritical moment sting to me. To the point, where I try to avoid such moments and try not to speak unless I believe what I say and feel strongly about it. It doesn't stop it, but I don't think I'm too bad about it.

As of now, I can't think of anything major I do. I might edit this if I do, though.

similar.squirrel said:
I'm strongly anti-theistic, yet I've found every member of the clergy I've met so far to be very nice.
To me, that just means you aren't bigoted against religious people. Assuming that you actually treat them with respect and allow them to live their lives as they see fit, that's not hypocritical. It's being a decent human being.
It just feels strange to see how the representatives of institutions and worldviews that I find repellent can still be such good people. Counter-intuitive.

Soraryuu

Aug 16, 2009
I can't think of anything I'm hypocritical about(there's probably something, though). I strive to treat everybody fairly, if only in my mind.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I can sometimes be a jealous person when it comes to relationships but I feel smothered and bothered when my other-half acts jealous of my male friends.
It's a disease, I can't help it. Most of the time I keep it under control though.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
I often argue with my mum about her being so bloody contrary. Anything you dont want her to do is exactly what she will do.
But I've kind of inherited that trait as well.

Especially when people are like `I dont think girls should do X` I'm like `Well just watch me, asshole!` (Within reason).

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
Swearing that sleep is over-rated and then complaining when my boyfriend (who acts as my alarm clock) wakes me up every day.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
Absolutely everything. Half of me really wants everyone to die a horribly painful death and the other half hates injustice. I'm basically a humanitarian and a pacifist to the point where I wouldn't fight back in self defense, but I'm also misanthropic and positively disgusted by people.