What are your favorite fan-fics?

Sould1n

Jan 23, 2011
Luckily I don't have to do much thinking for my favourite fanfics as I've been trying to type up my top ten favourite fanfics on my fanfic orientated blog (which I should really get back to updating). Anyway it would be a very long list if I were to list all my favourite fanfics so I will list just the top ten.

10) Marth?s Curse Reeditized, a Super Smash Bros fanfic by Pikana.
9) Fluff and Circumstance or The Cult of Ario, a Super Smash Bros fanfic by Ze Dybbuk.
8) Fun at Hotel Hedonist, a Kirby fanfic by that one little guy.
7) One Piece: A Smash Adventure, a One Piece/Super Smash Bros fanfic by Specter24.
6) After Dark: Mansion Incident, a Super Smash Bros/Resident Evil fanfic by Smash King24.
5) You Mustn?t Leave, a Super Smash Bros fanfic by Crazy Froxie.
4) A Winter Joust, a Touhou Project fanfic by Omegahugger.
3) Occasional fluctuations in Character, a Star Fox fanfic by Basil-Ovelby.
2) Cheers, a Super Smash Bros fanfic by hawktakesflight.
1) Not a Monster, a Mario fanfic by Cyndi.

You can probably tell from this list what section of fanfiction I tend to hang out in (and write in myself). So that's my top ten favourite fanfics and I recommend all ten for a read.

Ace2401

May 9, 2011
Chalacachaca said:
Not a fan-fic per se, but more like a fan-novelization.

And yes, that's Guy Cihi (James Sunderland) voice.
I need to read that, as Silent Hill 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Or maybe I should listen to the reading of the fic by Guy Cihi. Has he done a reading of the whole thing? And how can I find it?

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
I'm a huge fan of Fallout: Equestria, Past Sins and the two Doctor Whoof fics by Hephestus: Timelords and Terror, and Mines of Dragon Mountain.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
DJDarque said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
Fallout Equestria, its , just, so , good :D
Seconded

Before MLP I never got into fan-fiction, but Fallout: Equestria is godly.
I still find it hard to believe that a fallout/my little pony crossover can work so well, also ive been invited to join the Friendship is Magic usergroup, hmm do i join ? What happens if i do?

RoyalSorceress

Jun 15, 2010
Sould1n said:
7) One Piece: A Smash Adventure, a One Piece/Super Smash Bros fanfic by Specter24.
Wow, someone else who's read that! I never met anyone else who liked that fic.

Also you have a fanfic blog? Where?

Porecomesis

Jul 10, 2010
'Uninvited Guests' by Moczo (Bleach): Concerns Hitsugaya after the Squad 11 barracks have been burned down and they decide to move into the Squad 10 barracks. Outrageously funny.

'Those Lacking Spines' by Organisation VI (Kingdom Hearts): Vexen, Xaldin and Lexaeus must journey to Fandom Hearts to save the Organisation that has succumbed to the Uke virus (or something). Also outrageously funny.

'Edward Meets Sherlock Holmes' by Sherringford (Sherlock Holmes): Sherlock Holmes and Edward face off. Amazingly clever.

'Burning Arrow, Wildfire Heart' by Taranea (Sonic the Hedgehog): Rewrite of Sonic and the Secret Rings. Also amazingly clever, funny and suspenseful... seriously, why hasn't Sega hired Taranea yet?

'Ternion' by em-witchwood (Kingdom Hearts): A SoraxRiku fanfic; after the events of Kingdom Hearts II, Riku dwells on his wrongdoings. I like this partly because Kairi is still Kairi in the best way possible and the romance is actually written like a sacred trust between the two characters rather than 'OMG SORA-RIKU SQUEE!' author appeal.

'Red vs Blue: Restoration' by Madison Proctor (Halo): Concerns the Blood Gulch Crew after the events of Season 8. As I shake my head in disbelief at Season 9 and look fondly back at the Blood Gulch Chronicles, it's very satisfying to read about characters I actually care about that aren't flanderised to hell and back. I have a whole list of things that annoy me about Red vs Blue as it is now, but I'll keep them to myself (unless anyone is curious).

I'll be okay now.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
I'm a fan of Misfiled Dreams (for the comic Misfile) and Ibunshu (Touhou Project) myself.

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
A Firefly Riddick crossover? Dear Gods this day started off on a fantastic foot.

I only recently got into FanFic, but I can say in full honesty that Interregnum (Mass Effect) [http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5775707/1/Mass_Effect_Interregnum] is the best thing I have probably ever read.

It follows Garrus during the 2 years hiatus whilst he (unintentionally) bands together a group of ex-mercs, ex-military and justice-seekers into a vigilant gang on Omega. I honestly can't do it justice with my own words, but this Fanfic is beyond anything I have ever read. The fight scenes are so well described you become totally immersed in the world the author has created. The characters have real depth and flaws about them and the emotion expressed is impossible not to share.

The fic is over 200,000 words long, so you'd have to dedicate some serious time if you're interested. But read the first chapter and I guarantee you'll be hooked.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I got a lot of them, so here's some of the best, all taken from my personal list and in no exact order:

1) "Paper Mario: Temple of the Sun" by That One Little Guy [Mario]
2) "The Meadow Scene: Redone" by Aradian Lestat-Ming Ue [Twilight]
3) "Fight for the Lost" by Lux Dragon [Mass Effect]
4) "Lost in the Woods" by Aardwolf [Star Trek: The Next Generation/Firefly]
5) "No Good Deed" by Aardwolf [Firefly]
6) "Crowns of the Kingdom" by Karalora [Disney]
7) "Welcome to the Tragic Kingdom" by Aquarian Wolf [Disney]
8) "Those Lacking Spines" by Organization IV [Kingdom Hearts]
9) "A Bad Week at the Wizenmagot" by Disobedience Writer [Harry Potter]
10) "Crisis on Infinite Mirths" by Rabid Wookie Y. [Homestar Runner]
11) "Nin Tech" by Irritus85 [Naruto]
12) "AWOL" by Lisse [Axis Powers Hetalia/NCIS]
13) "Of Love and Bunnies" by CrazyGirl47 [Power Rangers]
14) "Villain" by Yay Ninja Bob [The Powerpuff Girls]
15) "Kaiju Moon" by Shritishrang [Godzilla/Sailor Moon]
16) "Breaking the Deal" by NKSCF [Spider-Man]
17) "The Mouse Who Would be King" by Organization IV [Kingdom Hearts]
18) "The Grand Vizier of Oz" by Sedri [Wicked]
19) "Shadow Realm: Fifteen" by Man Called True [Yu-Gi-Oh]
20) "The Nine Broken Mirrors" by Aiyen [Naruto]

And this is just the stuff of FF.net! As you can see, I have varied tastes when it comes to fanfiction... But I recommend all of these, so... give 'em a look!

If you'll excuse me, I got some reading to do...

mastermerrick

Bored. That is all.
Jul 7, 2010
This is why I love having an e-reader: I can copy/paste a fan-fic into a pdf file and read it from my Nook at my lesiure.

BTW: If you can, could you bring up some url's of the fan-fics?

slacker09

Aug 2, 2010
I would say my two favorites have been the Code Geass fic "Lelouch of Britannia" and the Persona 4 fic "Simulacrum". I haven't finished Simulacrum so I can't vouch for its ending and the Geass one is rather slow in updating but I would still recommend both for fans of either work.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3816236/1/Lelouch_of_Britannia

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4914734/1/Persona_4_Simulacrum

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
I've only read two fanfics ever. But I'd have to say Fallout: Equstria without a doubt.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I hardly do read any. Lemme think...

Fallout: Equestrian (considering its length it had better be good)
-My Little Pony

Seam by Seam (fantastic pacing and characters, really pleasant non-action fic)
Frontierstuck (writing really flows, good imagery is used, mind-numbing entertainment)
-Homestuck

Minjoltr

Aug 6, 2008
This, a thousand times this: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2554200/1/HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Harry Potter.

Chapter 3 said:
Harry slammed his book shut. It wasn't really a book, because the pages were made of lasers and the words were made of headless women making godless love to dragons made out of motorcycles, but it was still reading.

"Gumbledorp, if you don't stop, we'll starve, and no one will be around to kill everyone in the universe if we get around to bringing everyone back to life after we killed them."

"I am no longer Scrumblegort."

The ancient man dropped some of the planets he was juggling.

"The worlds have shifted. I am Dumblecop, of the Darkmeal."

He flexed one of his legs, which was made of pistols, and kicked a planet in half.