What are your favorite Graphic Novels?

Stickwell

Aug 15, 2010
So, I've recently been buying graphic novels and I'm wondering where next?
I've bought Watchmen, Batman: Year One, Batman: The Killing Joke, and Ronin.
I absolutely LOVE Alan Moore and Frank Miller ( Moore a bit more though )
So, I need your help on what to buy next.
Ronin was great, I'm not looking for anything like superman... Most Marvel I'm alright with.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
I'm going to include all comics that you can get in trade paperbacks. So Kingdom come, 52, infinite crisis, and anything hellboy.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Heh, I was thinking about making a thread like this for awhile. I might not be able to help you though, as my tastes are probably kinda different. Graphic novels I own are usually in the clive barker and other horror type of category, some are really well done. Also, some of the series like The Sword, The Last Man, Walking Dead I've found to be awesome. Batman: Year One is great, there is another Batman which is set in the future kinda (he's really old) which is just brilliant, can't remember the name, I think it's "The Dark Knight Returns" or something.

100 Bullets series are awesome too, bit hard to follow after a while. But I might be going off-track from comics series to graphic novels. So yeah, check out that Batman in the future, it's sick. Though Year One is a masterpiece that's hard to top. I think Wolverine and Punisher have a few good ones too. Keep this thread updated, would love to see what you end up getting!

edit: ninja'd just as I hit 'Post' button! =P

Stickwell

Aug 15, 2010
Well, I was thinking about The Dark Knight Returns, Because after B:YO I wanted more... but, from what I read, It didn't seem like I was going to get more from TDKR...

Tsukuyomi

May 28, 2011
If you're a Moore fan, I'd go with Swamp Thing. He did a long and notable run on that. You could also try Batman: Under the Hood. It's not Moore or Miller, but it's still pretty damn good. Unfortunately there's not alot that's recent that goes that dark unless you're looking at like Vertigo or something. DC at least has realized that it's best to strike a happy medium between the happy-go-lucky stuff and the grimdark stuff. Bad stuff happens in the real world, but good stuff does too. It's the way life REALLY works.

On that note, I'd also suggest...I don't remember which Superman issue it is, but the title happens to be "What's so funny about Truth, Justice, and the American Way?". Don't think it's in trade or anything, but you can probably find it on the web. It's an interesting commentary on the fight between old-school happy-side storytelling and the newer, gray-tinged outlook.

HowlingMadMike

Apr 5, 2010
My all time favorite has to be Mike Grell's The Longbow Hunters.
I'd also have to say...

-Identity Crisis - Brad Meltzer
-The Archer's Quest - Brad Meltzer
- Justice - Krueger
- Bluntman & Chronic - Kevin Smith

Also any of Gail Simone's Birds of Prey or Secret Six/Villains United books!!!
(Notice my Green Arrow/Black Canary bias.)