What are your favourite films guys?

Bamba

Feb 12, 2013
Personally, I truly enjoyed films like Avatar, The Amityville horror, The Dark Knight, Man on the Edge to name a few.

So what about you guys eh?

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Branded to Kill is my favourite film ever and I've never met anyone else who's even heard of it.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Some of my favourite films include...

Let The Right One In (my favourite film)
Moon
End of Evangelion
The Assassination of Jesse James
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
Oldboy
Trainspotting

There are too many to list really.

YuberNeclord

Jul 15, 2012
Ok, I'm a film student/film maker so I'm probably supposed to say something like Citizen Kane or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind(both great films) but if I'm going to be honest then I'll have to say...

Predator.

Now I know it's not the most technically great films of all time(it's not even the most technically great Schwarzenegger film, Terminator's cinematography, script, acting, hell just about every facet, are vastly superior) but there is something about the film that I just love. I've seen it over a thousand times and it is one of the only movies I could sit down and watch at anytime and not be bored for an instant. It's probably the whole nostalgia thing, I first watch Predator(many times) when I was about three so I guess it just evokes those same feelings of excitement when I watch the film now.

I'm also a huge, huge horror fan(especially horror from the 70's and 80's) so I love my Halloween's, Nightmare On Elm St's, Friday The 13th's, Hellraiser's, etc.

And I have to throw a shout out to Toxic Avenger because well, it's Toxic Avenger.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Because it is first and foremost a visual medium, I'll tell the story of my favorite films with pictures.

There are numerous other excellent films that rotate in and out of my top 10-20, even poking their noses into the top five, but these I feel are the most consistently beloved.

Uhura

This ain't no hula!
Aug 30, 2012
Axolotl said:
Branded to Kill is my favourite film ever and I've never met anyone else who's even heard of it.
Ohh, Seijun Suzuki is a great director and Branded to Kill is a fine film. I personally prefer Tokyo Drifter and Youth of the Beast though. But yeah, great pick!

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Ghost
Scott Pilgrim vs the World
The A-Team
Ghostbusters
The Corpse Bride
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
District 9
The Avengers
Back to the Future

...do I need to go on?

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
As a film student, I've got a lot of films I like, but no single one is my favorite. I will however list some of the ones that are up there:

The Matrix
V for Vendetta
Goodfellas
The Departed
Watchmen
Star Wars
Tron series
Terminator series
Alien series
the Bryan Singer X-men films
The Avengers
The Bourne series
The Indiana Jones TRILOGY.

Among many others. That's what I could think of off the top of my head though.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
The Usual Suspects, hands down. Honorable mentions to Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, The Jackal, Mr. Brooks and Hero.

There, a few of my favorites, but The Usual Suspects is just one of those "You have to see it" movies. Even if you know the twist, you won't see it coming the first time.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
I don't really have a specific 'favourite film'. If someone asked me for my favourite film in a certain genre, then I could tell you.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Ah shit, I have tons of favourites.

Ghostbusters
My Neighbor Totoro
The Incredibles
Robocop
Back to the Future
The Royal Tenenbaums
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Tangled
No Country for Old Men
Kiki's Delivery Service
Lord of the Rings
Total Recall
Starship Troopers
Drive
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissuo
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Jaws
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
The Lost Boys
Alien

And undoubtably many, many more. I should say that for me there's a difference between "my favourite" and "the best". I consider 2001: A Space Odyssey one of if not the best movie ever made, but that doesn't make it an easy watch.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Aliens
Die Hard
Resident Evil Afterlife
Black Swan
Splice
Scarface
Reservoir Dogs
The Usual Suspects
John Dies at the End
Memento
District 9
Seven Psychopaths
Kick Ass
In Bruges
A Scanner Darkly

They're probably my favourite films but there are a metric fuckton of films that I love.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
Let's see...

Alien
Aliens
The Terminator
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
Predator
The Thing (1982)
Die Hard
Die Hard with a Vengeance
Starship Troopers
Red Dawn (1984)
Reservoir Dogs
True Lies
The Frighteners
Event Horizon
Hot Fuzz
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
The Rock
28 Days Later
Army of Darkness
Escape from L.A.
Deep Rising
Goldfinger

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Froggy Slayer said:
I don't really have a specific 'favourite film'. If someone asked me for my favourite film in a certain genre, then I could tell you.
Oh, I'm with you on that one... and some genres need to be further broken down as well...

So, without further ado:

Science nerdgasm - Copenhagen (I seriously haven't met anyone else who's seen this film, or believes that Daniel Craig is in it, playing Werner Heisenberg, and is actually really good in the role)
War (drama) - A Bridge Too Far (a lot of the characters are smunched together, but that's to be expected considering the task of interpreting Cornelius Ryan's book... admittedly, the book's better)
War (comedy) - Kelly's Heroes (watchable, purely for Donald Sutherland on a permanent drugged up high)
War (action) - Tora! Tora! Tora! (drama? none whatsoever, pretty much... emotional investment? probably even less... aerial setpieces? some of the best on celluloid, better than Battle of Britain in some respects)
Antiquity - Ben Hur (no comment required)
Anime - it's a toss up between Sky Crawlers and My Neighbour Totoro (the first is a brilliant allegory for most entertainment industries, while the latter is just so nice that you can't hate it)
Sci-Fi - Moon (definitely a no-brainer, what a performance by Sam Rockwell)
Fantasy - Merlin (it's been various classified as a film or mini-series, so I'm counting it... and Miranda Richardson...)
Drama - call me a soppy git but Before Sunset, most of the film is a series of rolling shots of two people talking, this film should not be good, but it is.

And I forgot to mention Inception in there...

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
Ah shit, I have tons of favourites.

Ghostbusters
My Neighbor Totoro
The Incredibles
Robocop
Back to the Future
The Royal Tenenbaums
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Tangled
No Country for Old Men
Kiki's Delivery Service
Lord of the Rings
Total Recall
Starship Troopers
Drive
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissuo
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Jaws
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
The Lost Boys
Alien

And undoubtably many, many more. I should say that for me there's a difference between "my favourite" and "the best". I consider 2001: A Space Odyssey one of if not the best movie ever made, but that doesn't make it an easy watch.
Loved those two movies. Sadly, I have yet to see My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, or Princess Mononoke. I need to rectify that soon.

OT: Besides the ones I embolded, my favorites include:

The Lion King
Shrek 1
Toy Story trilogy
Pan's Labyrinth
Monsters Inc.

I know I'm missing a few, but they don't seem to come to mind at the moment. :(

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I have quite a few favourite films, including:

Inglourious basterds: I love Christoph Waltz in that film.
The Omen: Patrick Troughton was amazing as Father Brennan. He made the film for me.
The exorcist
Battle Royale
Pulp fiction
Texas chainsaw massacre
Django unchained: A new film, but I thought it was one of the best I have seen in a long time.

SckizoBoy said:
Science nerdgasm - Copenhagen (I seriously haven't met anyone else who's seen this film, or believes that Daniel Craig is in it, playing Werner Heisenberg, and is actually really good in the role)
I must admit, I nerdgasmed. I have just finished reading Hitler's uranium club as well, which is a fascinating insight on how the German bomb project was organised in WWII, and gave a lot of focus on the relationship between Heisenberg, Otto Hahn, Carl Freidrich von Weizacker, Erich Bagge etc.