What are your favourite game remakes?

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Hero of Lime said:
Halo Anniversary, just a pure visual update adding a few cool things into the mix
Well it was more than just visuals. New gameplay things were added in like the skulls, actual online multiplayer since the original Halo only supported local, as well as updated sounds and musical tracks, and easter eggs galore were added.

OT: Personally loved the HD 1.5 ReMix, even if it did completely render my imports from Square Enix useless. Anyway, I will actually say that the HD remake of the first Fable game has me interested, and might actually cause me to play my Xbox 360 for once. XD

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
There are three remakes that I love, which are:

Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver[/i and Pokemon Firered and leafgreen I loved the original games, and the additions just made it better. I have sunk so many hours into Pokemon Soulsilver

Resident Evil: REmake. The original Resident Evil game is one of my favourite games ever, but I prefer the graphical enhancements of REmake. One of my favourite things to do is to bring out my Gamecube and play Resident Evil Zero and Resident Evil: REmake back to back.

Persona 3: FES. The addition of new Persona's and social links just turned it into a massive time sink for me. I love this game.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Neronium said:
Hero of Lime said:
Halo Anniversary, just a pure visual update adding a few cool things into the mix
Well it was more than just visuals. New gameplay things were added in like the skulls, actual online multiplayer since the original Halo only supported local, as well as updated sounds and musical tracks, and easter eggs galore were added.
True, true, I guess just replace the word "few" with "a whole lot of awesome stuff!" :D

OT: chozo_hybrid reminded me of Wind Waker HD. I know some people were not very happy with the way they chose to update the visuals, but I thought it looked gorgeous. Plus the swift sail made sailing around more fun than it already was.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Hero of Lime said:
True, true, I guess just replace the word "few" with "a whole lot of awesome stuff!" :D

OT: chozo_hybrid reminded me of Wind Waker HD. I know some people were not very happy with the way they chose to update the visuals, but I thought it looked gorgeous. Plus the swift sail made sailing around more fun than it already was.
For me I don't mind the updated visuals of Wind Waker HD, but what I do mind is the amount of unnecessary bloom that Nintendo added in. They seem to have a problem with bloom and use it way too much, like J.J Abrams and lens flare. Some bloom is nice, but too much and then it makes it hard to see. I had some problems in certain cutscenes because of the bloom, one of them being when the Tower of the Gods appeared and all you could see in the sky was bright sun light. >.<

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Neronium said:
Hero of Lime said:

For me I don't mind the updated visuals of Wind Waker HD, but what I do mind is the amount of unnecessary bloom that Nintendo added in. They seem to have a problem with bloom and use it way too much, like J.J Abrams and lens flare. Some bloom is nice, but too much and then it makes it hard to see. I had some problems in certain cutscenes because of the bloom, one of them being when the Tower of the Gods appeared and all you could see in the sky was bright sun light. >.<
It was excessive, too bad you couldn't give Link sunglasses and a Hawaiian shirt like you could in Mario Sunshine. XD

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Hero of Lime said:
It was excessive, too bad you couldn't give Link sunglasses and a Hawaiian shirt like you could in Mario Sunshine. XD
Dammit now I want a picture of that! >.<
Although now that I think about it, many of the games with Nintendo's main mascots on the GameCube went to a lot of places with water. XD

Anyway, let's hope that the 3rd Gen Remakes come soon...mainly because I just got Ruby and Emerald in the mail so I can LP them on my Gameboy Player...but the internal battery is dead so I can't do clock-based events! >.<

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Neronium said:
Hero of Lime said:
Dammit now I want a picture of that! >.<
Although now that I think about it, many of the games with Nintendo's main mascots on the GameCube went to a lot of places with water. XD

Anyway, let's hope that the 3rd Gen Remakes come soon...mainly because I just got Ruby and Emerald in the mail so I can LP them on my Gameboy Player...but the internal battery is dead so I can't do clock-based events! >.<
Well, at least you didn't buy both Fire Red/Leaf Green and Ruby/Emerald off ebay and all of them either corrupted due to being fake or broken. -.-

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Hero of Lime said:
Well, at least you didn't buy both Fire Red/Leaf Green and Ruby/Emerald off ebay and all of them either corrupted due to being fake or broken. -.-
Believe it or not I did buy both from eBay, but I scanned every detail of the cartridges to make sure they were legitimate. I know how to tell the real ones from the fakes, just like how I can tell a real Luis Vuitton from a fake...a shame as it is to admit I can tell real purses from fake ones, but such is the case when you have an older sister and went shopping with her and a mother who loves them...I can also tell real and fake Prada brand merchandise too! :D

I can change the battery just fine, but I don't wanna risk it too much. At least Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green no longer used the battery to save. Although out of all of Gen 3 I'm only missing Fire Red, then I'd have it all, including the GameCube games Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness. I can complete that Gen 3 Pokedex! *remembers Mew*
Shit...