What are your games you gush over, but you can't find anyone else that does?

AgentLampshade

Nov 9, 2009
Grandia II, what happened to the Grandia series? III might've been lame, but I and II were fantastic.

Yet I could count on one hand the amount of people even heard of the franchise.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
KingKickass said:
Katawa Shoujo.
I know that feel. I walked into it "LOLOLOLOL DATING SIM" , but once I started playing I was just amazed at how emotional it got. I tried to get my best friend to play it, but he won't look past "Dating Sim" and even give it a chance. Everybody should play this game. It's free and so awesome.

Supergub

Feb 10, 2013
The one game I haven't heard many people talk about is Donkey Kong 64. It seems like it hits that perfect storm of things that are seen but not heard about. First of all, it's on the Nintendo 64, which seems to be the one Nintendo console that gets talked about the least. Everyone gives the NES and SNES tons of love, but the N64 is just kinda...there. Even on the N64, Mario and Zelda are the first party titles everyone talks about...and all the fans of Donkey Kong I've heard...just kinda ignore anything other than DKC 1, 2, 3, and Returns. DK64 is really one of my favorite games ever. It's one of the few games I've ever played to completion...and to be honest, it's the only game of its style I've really enjoyed. I don't know why, but I just couldn't get into the one game that I can think of that's similar to it, Banjo-Kazooie. And I've noticed LOTS of people like that one more than DK64. I just...don't get why no one seems to like it...

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
Casual Shinji said:
Bully. I freaking love the kind of laid back high school setting. It sets the stage perfectly for a grand adventure in a small, simple and charming world.
I never played much GTA, but I loved Bully's setting. Leaving traps outside every door before pulling the fire alarm, or starting a snowball fight when the seasons changed was a true simple pleasure.

GamerAddict7796 said:
I have to say The Walking Dead.

Not only have they not played it but when they do they find it 'meh'. I could gush for England about this game.
It's also the only piece of entertainment that has made me cry.
"No no there isn't much shooting, it's more about characters. Yes I'm recommending it because it genuinely made me depressed. Wait come back!"

LordDPS said:
For me? The TLJ series. The sense of adventure and the brilliant storyline in those games was just phenomenal. Now that Dreamfall Chapters is on Kickstarter it's all i can talk about.
Yes. I've tried to describe it as something like The Matrix meets The Chronicles of Narnia, and no one has heard of it.
I'm thinking of replaying now that there's all the hype about the Kickstarter.

ThePurpleCreeper

Jun 9, 2012
I like the Kingdom Hearts games, A lot of people online like this game but I have never found anyone in real life that shares my same interest. Metal gear solid games, same with kingdom hearts, everyone knows of this game but they could care less because most of the games are ps1 and ps2 games and they need the newest and best games.

Xannidel

Feb 16, 2011
Ni No Kuni: I gush SO HARD over this game, I gushed when new videos came out from Level 5 and I gushed when I heard the music and I gushed at the Wizard Edition. Everything about this game makes me feel so happy inside. The combat is not as good and the grind can get annoying at times but the music, the landscape, the graphics, the unique characters, the magic being used in dungeons and what not. It's all just so awesome!

And yet no one I know heard of it.

Some other ones are FFXIII, Binding of Issac, FTL, and Fallout New Vegas

Ghaleon640

Jan 13, 2011
Lost Kingdoms 2

I've tried showing it to friends, but they just don't take to it the same way I do.

Mykal Stype

Dec 24, 2012
JackandTom said:
For me that game would be Shadows of The Dammed. Then again, only about 3 people bought it.
So there's you, me, and maybe Suda 51?
I love that game, as I said in my post, but I hated the Big Boner scene. After failing five times, I almost didn't even try playing until the end. Luckily I did continue, because it's amazing. I especially loved the end when
Paula and Garcia are taken by the darkness and will slowly die, but then suddenly they're in their apartment with no explanation of how they survived or got there. You just have to accept it.