What are your most hated movies?

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Mine is: Twilight, I don't care about the story or anything else for that matter unless the vampire has fangs.

and Disaster Movie, because every joke was so dragged out and immature so I juts couldn't stand it.

Edit: Superman Returns. That movie makes about as much sense as it would if I cut of my head and lived to tell the tale.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
Any of the Saw films, I still can't sit through more than thirty minutes of that crap, if I want to induce vommiting I'll down a glass of water full of salt thanks.

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009
SmilingKitsune said:
Any of the Saw films, I still can't sit through more than thirty minutes of that crap, if I want to induce vommiting I'll down a glass of water full of salt thanks.
Lol, I agree. Never seen them before and never want to. Sound horrible.

Shadow Law

Feb 16, 2009
Cloverfield: jeez, I don't get sea sick nor do I have motion sickness but a movie that has camera scribal palsy added to bad acting can make anyone sick to their stomach.

iain62a

Oct 9, 2008
I watched the Dungeons & Dragons movie the other day. These are my thoughts.

It wasn't a Dungeons & Dragons film, it was a generic fantasy film with the D&D name tacked onto it.

The characters were all unlikable and the acting was either wooden(Thora Birch as empress) or massively over-acted(Jeremy Irons as generic evil guy#37). The plot made no fucking sense, and the ending even less so. There are films that are so bad that they become good, but this pile of shit was completely irredeemable. It was a truly bad film, one of the worst I've ever seen.

Also: WHY THE FUCK DID THAT GUY HAVE BLUE LIPS?

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
Twilight's the obvious one, especially since they keep trying to put it on the demo TVs at work. Thankfully (shamefully, rather; I hate the method that I employed), someone let it slip to the managers that an associate is offended by the movie and they pulled it.

Not-obvious answer, the Super Mario Bros live action. GOD that was horrible.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Geek@Heart said:
SmilingKitsune said:
I like them, there's no story, no characterization. Only Gore!

3rd rung

Feb 20, 2009
The happening, that movie just boiled down to terrable acting, cliche dialouge, they revealed what was causeing everyone to kill themselves in the first 15 min, and the movie ws basicly a group of people running away from the wind for 2 hours.
I also agree that saw or any of these movies that are just gore with out plot are terriable what happened to the days of Hitchcock

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
needausername said:
Geek@Heart said:
SmilingKitsune said:
I like them, there's no story, no characterization. Only Gore!
Hey, sometimes you need that testosterone film and Quentin Tarantino's nowhere to be found.

Yegargeburble

Nov 11, 2008
Saw 2-4 and Meet the Spartans are enough to make me black out and awaken in a pool of someone else's blood.

Seriously though, I hate those movies.

Inurdaes

Mar 25, 2009
Urgh, its always so hard for me to remember the BAD films.
AH. Epic Movie. Some funny jokes, something you could put in a 15 minute sitcom. NOT A MOVIE.

tiredinnuendo

Jan 2, 2008
I'm a bit of an odd duck, in that I enjoy a certain amount of bile at times, so as tempting as it is to just say, "House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark" and then duck out, secure in my knowledge that I'd won the thread, those movies do provide a certain amount of perverse enjoyment in the right crowd.

So leaving out blatantly horrible films (the low hanging fruit, as it were), and movies that I have not personally seen (i.e. Twilight), I'll list off some films that were popular but terrible. Things that I simply could not enjoy on any level.

We Were Soldiers.

I've had folks tell me how "great" this movie is. They are *wrong*. We Were Soldiers gives you zero chance to enjoy any of the major characters, has some of the worst cuts and transitions in film history, terrible execution, about an hour and a half of nothing but explosions, and then has this whole uplifting thing at the end that actually had several highly uneducated people believing that America had WON VIETNAM.

I Am Legend.

They've made this movie three times now, and it's never, ever been good. I don't really give a rat's ass if Will Smith refuses to play a bad guy. That is the character that is required for the role. You don't change the whole point and purpose of the story to fit your actor. It is his *job* to act like the character, not like himself if he were in that situation. I loved the story of I Am Legend. This movie didn't just get it wrong. It is literally the exact opposite of the book. It's the Hannibal Lecter of movies, dressing in the skin of my familiar friend to lure me into watching two hours of torture.

Those are the ones that stand out to me.

- J

M.A.D

Mar 9, 2009
Alien vs Predator, both of them.
i'm a fan of Alien
i'm a fan of Preadator
I'm a fan of the Alien vs Predator games...
but then those...''movies'' come up and...ugh...felt like dying a little inside...
Oh and honnorable mention to Starship troopers, the 3rd one. i liked the first one quite a lot, the second left me rather indiferent...but the last one is just painfully insulting, and it is so on every aspect...EVERY aspect...

kolompi

Mar 26, 2009
iain62a said:
I watched the Dungeons & Dragons movie the other day. These are my thoughts.

It wasn't a Dungeons & Dragons film, it was a generic fantasy film with the D&D name tacked onto it.

The characters were all unlikable and the acting was either wooden(Thora Birch as empress) or massively over-acted(Michael Ironsides as generic evil guy#37). The plot made no fucking sense, and the ending even less so. There are films that are so bad that they become good, but this pile of shit was completely irredeemable. It was a truly bad film, one of the worst I've ever seen.

You are lucky that this was the worst you've ever seen, but i think the villain was Jeremy Irons.
And i agree that the saw movies are on top of my most hated list. That is just garbage in 5 parts.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
iain62a said:
Maybe the script left him cold...

Most hated film: not one, but all Threequels. Alien 3, Terminator 3, Jaws 3, Matrix Revolutions, Robocop 3.
Pretty much all third movies are crap, they gleefully shit on all the hard won reputation of the preceeding films.

The only exception I can think of (and it massively proves the rule) is the third James Bond film, which was Goldfinger.