What are your obsessions?

Sep 24, 2008
Martial Arts.

It was the only thing that made me feel... worthwhile as a kid. I spent a good time of my life doing Tae Kwon Do as most suburban kids, but I branched out into other things as I grew up.

Literally, it's one of the only things that gives me peace.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
the December King said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Have you tried reading Sheridan Le Fanu and Arthur Machen? Those guys would be right up your alley.
Definitely Machen- I needed to experience one of the the major influential writers of the likes of Lovecraft and Klein. But Le Fanu is a new name to me- I'll look around and see what I can dig up.
Sheridan Le Fanu is great. Very good horror writer in the Gothic tradition and a chief influence on M. R. James, if you like him. His big thing is a book called In a Glass Darkly. It's made up of five stories, the last of which is Carmilla (a novella really). Carmilla was a big influence on Stoker's Dracula, specially on creating Van Helsing (the five stories are framed as "cases" of a Dr. Hesselius) and the whole Lucy portion of the book. I've read some of his other stories and they're pretty good too, they range from folksy Faustian stuff to horror bordering on the psychological.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
The big thing I'm into now is podcasts, since I don't have time to actually do things it's nice to be able to put one on while I drive or cool dinner or do dishes or work out or whatever.
What I've really been geeking out over are actual play D&D podcasts. I started out with the Adventure Zone and after I got caught up with that I started the backlogs of the Glass Cannon and Dames and Dragons.

For some reason podcasts really hot home for me as a medium, I love to read but I could never get in to audio books. I think it's because podcasts are usually broken into nice 1 hour chunks that I can jump in and out of whenever I have a few minutes

(Fuck I really want to play some actual D&D though)