What are your top 10 Game of Decade (starting from 2010 to onwards)

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Hello, So my dear friends, we are in late of this decade. in 2018. so i decide to make a topic based on what games we think are best games released this decade? starting from 2010 end in 2019.

so lets start

heres mine

10. Titanfall 2

Titanfall 2 is a great game. may not masterpiece because not every game need to be but a fun and great game to play as far as Single player concern. its campaign is short and sweet, unlike other heavily scripted linear corridor shooter. TF2 is bit different, its level design is pretty good, its pacing is good, and each and different level look way different that other. for a game that is market for its MP. i have to say its SP is pretty good and that is what praised, its MP is not.

9. Alan wake

Definitely the best third person horror thriller game i have ever played. it was fantastic game with great story, characters, atmosphere. its definitely better than dead space and resident evil. the light and darkness mechanic was truely unique. it was also best xbox exclusive ever until it released on PC.

8. Resident Evil 7

As someone who hated the series. i fall in love with this game. its absolutely great, and easily best in series in every single way possible. it even tell a great story when RE games criticize for bad story, the atmosphere is best in series, its just so creepy. going to first person is the best decision from capcom. i never thought i would love a resident evil game. but this game is just so great.

7. Prey

This game is the System shock 2 successor we have been waiting for a long long time. it did what bioshock failed to do. that is how to be a true successful system shock 2 successor. this game has Excellent level design, good story, exploration, RPG elements. its just combat is bit meh and enemy design is stupid that stop make it from masterpiece otherwise it could have been even better. but all in all its definitely one of the most important game of this generation and must play game for FPS fan.

6. Max Payne 3

Its not a true max payne game. and i did criticize it for not bieng one. when i first played it i hated it, then i played it again, i hated it, then i give it a go and i end up loving it. i like for what it is. this is easily rockstar best game ever ever ever made. the gameplay mechanics are best i have ever seen in TPS game. the story is bad for max payne but good for game on its own. its not even worst max payne game. that title belong to second game. but its still excellent game. Max is such a badass in this game.

5. Metro Redux

This is easily best gaming deal ever since The orange box. feature better version of 2 already amazing games and fix all the problem of 2033. Metro is one of the most unique FPS franchise. there is no other franchise like this. sure its kinda linear Stalker but it did many things better than stalker, like its graphics, atmosphere, story telling. the unique gasmask system that cover radiation. imo alone for atmosphere the series is worth it. and next game is just my most hype game of this year. when Metro series and 4A games are around. i think i dont need to miss Half life anymore. and i hope Metro exodus can capture spirit of Stalker.

4. Hitman

In a era when Stealth games become action games (splinter cell, thief4, dishonored etc). this game just teach how to do a proper stealth. Hitman is best stealth franchise that is avaliable today. especially after the abomination that absolution was. this game really bring franchise back to its roots. with huge sandbox level design and multiple way to kill target. Agent 47 is most iconic and coolest gaming character ever created.

3. Deus Ex Human Revolution

Follow up to Greatest game of all time. Deus Ex HR is one of the best game of this decade and last gen and probably the biggest comeback of old classic. released in era when all old classic tend to fail but this game didnot. it start new journey of franchise after disappointing IW was. shame mankind divided once again turn out disappointing sequel. i didnot like cover and takedown introduce in HR but the game was so ambitious that so well design that it doesnot ruined the experience.

2. Doom

Easily best game of this generation so far. from start to finish. its blast and there is no game give me more fun than this game right here. only thing i can say bad about it that it has no quick save system. otherwise game is masterpiece. and must play game for FPS fan. its badass old school fast paced arena shooter. many people wonder why this game is not in number 1 since this is the game i praised so much. but my number will not surprise you either.

1. S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat

And heres my number 1 game of this decade. yes there is Stalker game released this decade and thats Call of pripyat. its amazing sequel to one of the greatest game of all time that was Stalker SOC. its most polished game in series. Stalker games are most immersive, atmospheric games in the most unique world ever created in gaming history. theres the reason why i never bored of playing it over and over again. i still went to SOC and COP time to time again. this game is more open than previous games, while previous games rely on combat, this game rely more on exploration and theres very little combat. all in all Stalker COP start this decade as great. its a masterpiece like SOC was.

and here was my list. so my friends what are the best 10 games you played since 2010? throughout this decade?

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
10. Amnesia: A machine for pigs
I thought it was way scarier than the first one. Steam Punk body horror works so much better for me than grimdark brown Castles.

9. Bloodborne
I really hate boss grinding, but again, steam punk body horror. Plus Lovecraftian elements, and a combat system that actually flowed, rather than glaciers trying to out turtle one another.

8. Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Ship duels that end with a thrilling sword duel on the burning mast of a capitol ship, all set to pirate shanties. Technically there are assassinations too, but who the hell actually played Assassin's Creed for the assassination or plot anymore? Certainly not Ubisoft

7. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Probably the best 40k game. Great combat, great mechanics, and a really great Mulitplayer. This was back in the game before loot boxes, where you could play with the loadout of the dude who killed you for one life for free, just to get experience on weapons you haven't unlocked, for free.

6. Mass Effect 3
Ending aside, I loved this game. The gameplay was the best its been, the characters had come full circle with meaningful storylines, and the Citadel DLC I hold up as the best DLC story ever.

5. Fallout 4
I know, I know, but I'll be honest. When I played New Vegas, I really wanted to have base building and weapon mods. Seriously, I thought it'd make a great Fallout game, and it did. Too bad the storyline wasn't very good.

4. Fallout New Vegas
The storyline is great, and the world is amazing. The DLCs were all great. Still remember traveling the Mojave with Cass, killing Deathclaws and Legion alike. Good times...

3. Halo Reach
Best Halo game by far, with the best Multiplayer.

2. Bioshock Infinite
Probably my favorite FPS. I found the skyrails and Vigors totally unique and didn't struggle to aim, shoot or anything with them. In fact skyrail duels against enemies was my bread and butter. Only game I ever 100%. Story was a little weird, but damn was the Burial at Sea DLC perfect. Returning to Rapture after so long...damn that felt good.

1. Shadow of Mordor
It was great. Pure and simple, it was great. DLCs were lackluster, as it was just waves and hunt modes, but the main game was so fun. Hunting Orcs, planning assassinations(way better than any Assassin's Creed game ever did), riding thunderwolves and rancors, using bees and poison arrows. A great game, and a in light of what its become, a real tragedy.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Well now I really need to play CoP if it?s been given such high praise by our very own B-Cell. I?ve always read mixed things about it at best, even moreso than the other two STALKERS, but then there?s also Call of Chernobyl.

I still haven?t even gotten a chance to play a few other games I really want to, so I wouldn?t be able to whole-heartedly present a complete list myself. Most of the games I?ve enjoyed have still been released before 2010, and the ones I have after are outnumbered by the ones I still need to start or finish.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
1. Bloodborne (best game ever made imo) 2. Dark Souls 3(close second) 3. Demon's Souls(came out only 2 months before 2010 so still a contender :p) 4. Dark Souls 5. Witcher 3(how can you make a 100+ hour game not boring?) 6-10 some random pretty good game there were plenty of the last 8 years.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
hanselthecaretaker said:
Well now I really need to play CoP if it?s been given such high praise by our very own B-Cell. I?ve always read mixed things about it at best, even moreso than the other two STALKERS, but then there?s also Call of Chernobyl.

Make sure play it with absolute nature 4 mod. vanilla cop looks dated. mod make it 10 times better.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
B-Cell said:
hanselthecaretaker said:

Make sure play it with absolute nature 4 mod. vanilla cop looks dated. mod make it 10 times better.
Will do, thanks for the recommendation my friend.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
1. Homeworld: Remastered. This brought me back to my childhood. I had a great fucking childhood, as it turns out.
2. Fallout: New Vegas. Probably my favorite game of all time.
3. Skyrim. Not a great RPG or hack-and-slash, but definitely greater than the sum of its parts. I've sunk too many hours into this game.
4. Mass Effect 2. The first Mass Effect game I played. Loved every minute. I like the first one best, but it's outside the range of dates.
5. Mass Effect 3. Probably the best balance of mechanical polish and level design of the three games. The story lost the plot by ME2, so eveything that happens in ME3 is whatever.
6. Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition. You didn't specify video games and I've played way more D&D than, say, Homeworld: Remastered.
7. Elite Dangerous. I still think the combat is lame, but I love this game.
8. Civilization 5. I've been playing Civ since Civ 3. Civ 5 is the best one and I'm glad they ditched unit stacking.
9. Wolfenstein: The New Order. A good shooter with a good story and good characters. Definitely better than DOOM 2016 (which I also liked).
10. Rocksmith 2014. More learning software than a game, but hey, it's on Steam. I can play guitar now!

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
I definitely can't nail down much of an order, I'm not even sure I'll have 10 games either, plus I haven't been able to get to quite a few games yet like Divinity OS2 and new Hitman, but here it goes I guess...

~Bayonetta - It's the last game I remember giving a perfect 10/10 because I loved everything about it. The dodge offset mechanic is amazing and I loved gobbled every bit of cheese the dialogue and story served up.

~Vanquish - Easily the best single player shooter ever made.

~Batman: Arkham City - The obvious high-point in the Arkham series; the combat is the best it's ever been adding in beatdowns and quick-use gadgets in combat. I'd even say that no other game has added any combat elements worth mentioning to Arkham combat since City. The open world works for once in a game going open world because it stayed small enough allowing the player to know the city like the back of their hand. Plus, there's a good amount of linear levels thrown in like the museum. The story is also really great with basically a perfect ending The Animated Series in a sense. Yeah, some of the plot points are kinda left hanging but the ending was nailed so perfectly.

~Divinity: Original Sin - I still haven't gotten around to finishing it because of the Enhanced Edition coming out and having to start over while contemplating whether to get it on PS4 before realizing I could use a PS4 controller on the PC version by just plugging it in. Anyway, it's a great RPG, the fact that you can solve a murder by stealing panties and getting the victim's dog to sniff them and then put them on for a +1 charisma bonus is awesome. I'm sure the sequel will end up on this list as well when I get to it.

~Dishonored series - They are all great games and Arkane are the only ones really making good immersive sims (aka 0451 games). Dishonored allows all the freedom a player could dream of getting through levels (just watch any StealthGamerBR video).

~The Last of Us - A truly great experience with great characters. The gameplay is exactly what you'd expect from Naughty Dog, basically a much slower and stealthier Uncharted. It is nothing amazing or groundbreaking from a gameplay standpoint but Naughty Dog changes up the scenarios to keep it as fresh as possible. The AI being not nearly what they showed at E3 was pretty disappointing though.

~The Last Guardian - All the Team ICO games are just amazing and this is no different. There's a really organic feeling you get from the puzzles in these games (especially ICO and TLG) that really no other game accomplishes. The bound that you form with Trico is just awesome and something really only a game can do.

~Horizon Zero Dawn - An open world game that actually merits its open world because it is needed for the housing and hunting of its amazing machine enemies. Plus, there's very reservedness to the open world, it's not an overly big open world and it has lots of density along with several very visually different areas. There's even less collectibles here than freaking Uncharted 4. Aloy is really a great character and her journey even makes sense to open world gameplay (which The Witcher 3 didn't even accomplish). The story was pretty much the best you could ever come up with as an excuse for fighting a robot t-rex basically.

~Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Possibly the best stealth game I've ever played and it's a top-down isometric game. The characters are way better and enjoyable than they really should be, none of them were bland like most video game characters. Anyway, the gameplay is what you play the game for and it is really awesome. It's a really hard stealth game, you will reload A LOT. But it is really satisfying to basically figure out a solution to the "puzzle" of beating each and every level. There was one level that I actually did hate because it required really cheap ways of clearing out the enemies (unless you sorta just rush it basically). And the game has "shadow mode" where assign each character an action and have them all execute the "plan" and it's so satisfying when it all works out. It's sorta like the sync shot in the last 2 Ghost Recon games but you can queue up any action vs just lining up a shot.

Ironman126 said:
6. Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition. You didn't specify video games and I've played way more D&D than, say, Homeworld: Remastered.
Oh yeah, tabletop and board games are in a golden age right now there's so many great games. Sadly Pathfinder came out a few months before 2010 so it doesn't make the cut (that's what my group has been playing for over 5 years now). Anyways, here's a quick list of amazing board games...

-Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization
-Terraforming Mars
-Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar
-Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure
-Nippon
-Captain Sonar
-Sentinels of the Multiverse
-Mysterium
-Secret Hitler

And just so many others.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
I didn't get half of these games in the OP because it would force me to download the publisher's stupid as hell DRM platforms. Ain't gonna happen. I love that Steam has competition, but at the same time, it really doesn't since the other platforms don't offer a superior experience to Steam at all, don't have sales as good or as often, and have less coverage in the market.

Either offer a better product or put the bloody game on Steam, you jerks.

Kerg3927

Jun 8, 2015
1) Mass Effect 2
2) Mass Effect 3
3) Dark Souls
4) Dark Souls II
5) Dark Souls III
6) Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
7) Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
8) Endless Legend
9) Endless Space
10) Dragon Age II

Mass Effect trilogy is the GOAT story-focused RPG series. Dark Souls trilogy is the GOAT action RPG series. I probably have 3,000 hours invested in those 6 games, and I will play them again. The rest are some good strategy games that came out this decade, plus a flawed but pretty good RPG in DA2.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Adam Jensen said:
Since when does a decade last eight years? Or are you trying to say that The Escapist won't be here in two years?
I think he meant Calendar decades. 2000-2010, 2010-2020, that kind of thing. Not just games less than ten years old.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Erm... Um... well...

Yeah I'm struggling here to think of a single game since 2010 that was a real classic for me.

Yep, I've got nothing.

Rangaman

Feb 28, 2016
10. A Hat in Time
9. Undertale
8. SOMA
7. Resident Evil VII
6. Amnesia: The Dark Descent
5. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4. Bloodborne
3. Fallout: New Vegas
2. Red Dead Redemption
1. Dark Souls

Dark Souls is the pinnacle of Action-RPG combat as far as I'm concerned; Bloodborne makes the combat simpler in favor of faster, tougher enemy design. Red Dead Redemption is proof that Rockstar can still knock it out of the park when they try. Fallout: New Vegas is easily the best of the new Fallout games and arguably the best Fallout game, period. BotW is the revival the Zelda series needed, and the best game since the N64 days IMO. Amnesia and SOMA, while admittedly quite similar, are both fantastic examples of Survival Horror, as is Resi VII. Undertale is great (in spite of the fandom) and A Hat in Time is damn good.

Honorable Mentions go to: Wolfenstein: The New Order, Stardew Valley, DOOM, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Meat Boy, Bastion, LIMBO, Cuphead, the Donkey Kong Country games and all of the ones I've inevitably forgotten.

gsilver

Apr 21, 2010
Country
USA
My list:

Freedom Planet - It's both freedomey and planetey. It's also my favorite 2D action platformer of all time, and looking down the list... it's probably my favorite game of all time, period. Freedom Planet stands with Sonic 3 & Knuckles as the only full games that I've replayed 10+ times.

Strike Vector - I'm a huge fan of Descent and air combat, and this delightful mix of both was great fun for quite a while.

Hawken - MECHS! Some of my favorite FPS combat ever, and I really dig the mech theme. Too bad games with mechs are so rare.

Dark Souls - Everyone knows about this game. It's an amazing spectacle of world building combined with some very gripping combat. I died, and I'm prepared to die again (in May).

Bloodborne - Dark Soul's brash sibling is every bit the game that Dark Souls was (even if the level structure is more traditional instead of the vast interconnected world of Dark Souls) and the horror elements make it stand out.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - This was the first Zelda game that I ever beat, and wow, I was impressed. I've started seeking out the other games of the franchise in the time since.

Undertale - A heck of a lot of heart and character. This game really caught my attention when it came out.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Best. Mario. Game. Ever. Absolutely fantastic in every way. Great platforming, wonderful stage design, lots of character. It's everything that anyone could ever want in a linear 3D platformer.

Night in the Woods - This one may drop down over time, but it's still fresh in my mind and was a deeply moving experience. I really love the cast of misfits in this game.

The Talos Principle - Easily my favorite puzzle game of all time.

Looking at the list:
Hawken and Strike Vector aren't *that* great, but they do have the distinction of being the best out of the very few games in their respective genres. If anything, I'm disappointed that there aren't more (and better) games like those.

Night in the Woods and The Talos Principle kind of surprised me for being on there, but both are worthy contenders.

Yes, I called a 2D pixel art platformer my favorite game of all time.

Silentpony said:
B-Cell said:
1. S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat

Call of Pripyat was released in 2009, and is therefore disqualified from being released in 2010+
The English release was in 2010. Close enough.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Squilookle said:
Erm... Um... well...

Yeah I'm struggling here to think of a single game since 2010 that was a real classic for me.

Yep, I've got nothing.
...You haven't played a single game in 8 years that you liked? Not a single one that you thought was really good? That's kind of sad actually :/ You must be unpleasable or have some sort of issue with your memory.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
In no particular order:

Red Dead Redemption
BioShock: Infinite
The Last of Us
Just Cause 2
Batman: Arkham City
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Spec Ops: The Line