What are your top unbeatable levels in games?

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
3. The Mile High Club (veteran) - Modern Warfare

This pissed me off very much. Partly beucase I wanted that achievement so bad and theother half being I hate failing. Speaking of failing....

2. Challenge of the Gods #8 - God of War

This level is probably what will be used in future debates about how video games make gamers violent. It certainly did it too me (well maybe not but I can understand if someone did). All you need to do is fight an almost unlimited amount of Medusas and foot soldiers for about 10 minutes. It doesn't sound as hard as I make it seem because you have been doing that the whole sstory mode. Its just that that challenge always finds a way to cause you to die from pertification and a quick smash by the enemy right when you see the enemies starting to trickle down.

If you beat this first one it was probably after 500,000 tries.

Nexus424

Master Of All That Is Frosty
Dec 26, 2008
IamSofaKingRaw said:

I can't even lie...Fuck that mission...Fuck that mission. I got shot down so many god damn times...Just fuck that mission.

OT: One Shot, One Kill. Veteran Mode, COD 4: Modern Warfare. No cover...No help...No damn chance.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
The sadistic DLC level for Prinny: Can I really be the Hero.

Really, 'Asagi comes home' is one of the most sadistic levels I've played in a game. SO many leaps of faith, dick move enemies, and just crazy obstacles make it a total nightmare. And the boss at the end is a total pushover, which just makes the pain all the worse.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
Nexus424 said:
IamSofaKingRaw said:

I can't even lie...Fuck that mission...Fuck that mission. I got shot down so many god damn times...Just fuck that mission.

OT: One Shot, One Kill. Veteran Mode, COD 4: Modern Warfare. No cover...No help...No damn chance.
Oh yes the F'n carnival level in the ghillie suits. Absolute bullsh*t. I beat it one veteran after about 45 tries but still, Heat (the mission after it) is MUCH harder. You have 4 minutes to go down a hill with an entire army climbing up. If there was no time limit it wouldn't be so hard. I almost sold the game becuase of Heat.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
IamSofaKingRaw said:

That one wasn't so bad, the one where it's all over a miniture area though, destroyed me, over and over and over, I went and practically did everything else in the game except the story before I could do that mission.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
Racing Hilary in Vice City is one of the most frustrating parts of any game ever, where you are in a sentinel and he is in a Sabre Turbo, and cops chase you.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
IamSofaKingRaw said:

I never found that one to much bother, now Wrong Side of the Motherfucking Tracks, don't get me started. I can't complete it without cheats. Honestly.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
1. The castle from I wanna be The Guy. So many traps that come from everywhere. Think that big portrait of Bowser looks cool? Wait till you get to the end of the room.

2. The Singularity dungeon from Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja. A 41 floor dungeon that requires the very best weapons and armor, ninjitsu attacks, healing items, and you have to be at level 99, and even then your chances of surviving are slim to none.

3. Crystal Palace/World of Darkness from Final Fantasy III. Yeah these aren't nearly as bad as the first two, but they made me scream so much because you have to spend at least five minutes getting through the castle, beat the boss, sit though unskippable cutscenes that take forever, fight four bosses in a row, and then take on the final boss. And if you die at any point during that time you have to start both dungeons over again.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
WorldCritic said:
1. The castle from I wanna be The Guy. So many traps that come from everywhere. Think that big portrait of Bowser looks cool? Wait till you get to the end of the room.

2. The Singularity dungeon from Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja. A 41 floor dungeon that requires the very best weapons and armor, ninjitsu attacks, healing items, and you have to be at level 99, and even then your chances of surviving are slim to none.

3. Crystal Palace/World of Darkness from Final Fantasy III. Yeah these aren't nearly as bad as the first two, but they made me scream so much because you have to spend at least five minutes getting through the castle, beat the boss, sit though unskippable cutscenes that take forever, fight four bosses in a row, and then take on the final boss. And if you die at any point during that time you have to start both dungeons over again.
I wanna be a guy shouldn't be mentioned. I don't even think the creator left 1% room of error for completng any of the stages.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Blowtorch and Corkscrew (Hardened or Veteren)
The Library (Legendary)
More will come to mind but thats about it for now.

Saxm13

Feb 22, 2010
All of Demon's Souls.

Seriously, screw that game.

Game is far too sluggish and unresponsive.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Guitar Hero 3 - Raining Blood.

It's a little bit of a buzzkill that this is still the hardest song ever (One, Number of the Beast and Cliffs of Dover are actually easy now, can beat them all rather easily).

And a part of me wants to sell the game, but I have a specific rule that I can't sell a game until I beat it.

Dragonforce525

Sep 13, 2009
Going a bit retro here, but Kid Chameleon, I can't remember exactly what level, but I remember being on a skate board and shooting a green beam that seemed to do nothing, I think I just gave up, still an awesome game though.

Also The Lost World Jurassic Park for the PS1, that game was awesome, as a kid I was loving going through the levels, first as a compy, then a raptor, then a human, then the t-rex stage came along and I got obliterated, as a raptor I was fucking everyone up, no one could stop me, so I assumed the t-rex would be an unstoppable force of blood and awesome, but then I found out the t-rex was actually made of cotton candy and I died more times in 5 minutes then through the whole game.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
The one section you get Warden Freeman on in Half-Life 2.

Y'know, that section at the end of Nova Prospeckt where you have three turrets and have to defend yourself until Alyx gets there?

Never beat that section once without turning on the h4x.

Oh and I hated Mile High Club. I had to use a shotgun for most of it, and I get so pissed of switching to a pistol and shooting the hostage.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
No Fighting the the War Room and Mile High on Veteran. Stupid timers cause me to rush and make mistakes, so I have given up. But those have all been said, so...

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. Toward the very end of the game, when your allies set off a bomb and you have something like 3 minutes to clear the blast zone. And they not only throw waves of enemies at you, but also mini bosses. Stupid tanks. I tried three times, gave up, and haven't played the game since. It's been years.

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
Kremland levels in Donkey Kong Country 2. In fact, Donkey Kong Country 2 in general.