what are your "unpopular" opinions on gaming?

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
Realism in games can go die in a hole. Also the 3DS is a pretty good console, I do agree though that it needs more and better games.

WayOutThere

Aug 1, 2009
Wandering around in a decrepit enviornment with creepy music and the occasional monster is not enough to make a good horror game.

alfawx

Nov 1, 2010
I do not like any game I have played made by Bethesda. I suppose I'm not much of a sandbox RPG person...

mental_looney

Apr 29, 2008
1) strategy games are boring
2) starcraft sucks
3) wow is alot of fun and rift is just a subpar knock off
4) i preferred dragon age 2 even though one had Alistair
5) halo is only ok it's not the second coming
6) really not into pc gaming much prefer consoles

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
I also like dark and gritty

I also think Red faction Guerrilla is a good game

I think Wii is only as good as whatever games are made from their overly milked franchises

There are way too many pokemon (pokemon should've stopped years ago)

fps games are overrated

there are too many fps games

Every new mario and zelda game is just an update of it's predecessor

old school games are not better

geezah91

Feb 17, 2010
1: Final Fantasy 7 needs a remake, as I regard it as one of the best games of all time.
2: Online competitive multiplayer needs to take a flying leap into a pit of rusty spears.
3: Oblivion isn't all that great as it lacked direction.

TyrantGanado

Oct 21, 2009
1) GTA IV is better than Vice City. San Andreas is still the best, however.
2) The best FPS single player of this generation is The Darkness.
3) I like Guitar Hero and I'm not a huge fan of Rock Band.
4) I like The Force Unleashed.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
Airsoftslayer93 said:
ruben6f said:
6.Rome Total War was the worst RTS I played
WAH????

really?
I completely agree with Airsoft. Sorry "TW" fans, but we evidently had the same experience there.

I hated "FEAR".

I thought Bioshock's storytelling was a weakness, not a strength, of the game.

I think "Fallout: New Vegas" is without a doubt one of the best games I've ever played, up there with the likes of "System Shock", "Jungle Strike" and "Street Fighter 2".

TheDuckbunny

Jul 9, 2009
Genuine Evil said:
5) the assassins creed games are not examples of good story telling
High five!

I actually thought the first Assassin's Creed did storytelling pretty well though, the sequels not so much.

Apr 24, 2009
I enjoyed Medal of Honor (2010) more than all Modern Warfare games.
I enjoy the Dynasty Warriors series (missing out Gundam and Strikeforce)
Games such as FIFA and Pro Evo need to stop.
I hate all the Fallouts, Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy and Mass Effect games, but enjoyed Prototype and Infamous
Halo was actually good.
Resident Evil should have stopped and started with 4.
All Rockstar games I can start, but can never be bothered to finish due to repetitive gameplay.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
I think the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games are rubbish.

I think Starcraft is one of the least interesting RTS games out there.

I think Team Fortress 2 is a meh game.

I thought Red River was awesome and is my current favorite shooter (I guess this counts.. nobody bought it).

Gears of War and Halo Online multiplayer sucks. In fact, Halo gameplay in general is a bit rubbish.

That's all for now. There are a few more but I think I have enraged people already. :)

Alcookie

Jun 22, 2009
These opinions are pretty unpopular with my friendship group and people on the internets.

1) I enjoyed DNF
2) I couldn't give a shit about Skyrim
3) Final Fantasy 8 was the best FF game
4) Left4Dead was boring
5) Gordon Freeman is a poor protagonist (he's technically not even a character, he's a surrogate between player and NPC)
6) Brutal Legend was a GOOD game
7) Theme Hospital/Park are the only good games to come out of the twisted mind of Peter Molyneux
8) Mass Effect is dull as shit
9) Blood Omen is better than Soul Reaver
10) CryTek (who proved that you CAN polish a turd) should drop FC3 and get their asses to work on Timesplitters 4

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
1. I never cared much for the "silent protagonist" in games.

2. I cannot stand Big Head characters, such as those in earlier final fantasy games. I hated that they backpedaled to that look in FF9 which was otherwise an okay game. I think the only reason alot of earlier generation games had this look was only due to graphical restraint and not artistic direction.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
Halo is my favorite game series by a healthy margin and my favorite FPS series BY FAR.

Yeah I said it.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
1: aliens vs predator was great.
2: health bars need to make a comeback.
3:video games are a legitimate life style
4:minecraft is not boring
5: im out of points.

Generic_Username

Dec 16, 2010
1. I like every FF game (yes, the last few installments too) EXCEPT FFVII.
2. Sephiroth is an overrated piece of shit, NOT one of the best villains. Seriously...
2. Leveling up and fighting is dull. Exploration and sidequests are fun.
3. Continuing point 2, storyline > battle system.

mandaforever

Feb 16, 2011
Games that are all about being the "most powerful" or "killing the most baddies" suck for the most part unless there is a good story involved and/or good characters and/or good art.

I love strategy games and games with great stories and atmosphere, and games with at least one those elements, so Call of Duty is a big nono for me, along with most other brown and boring shooters.

I believe that more games should go for artistic style like Alice, and just as much time should be invested in art style and story as gameplay. I really don't like the whole realism thing either, I play games to escape, not to look at kinda real looking people...uncanny valley stuff is too creepy for me (although I did like Mass Effect, still not a fan of super realism)