What Assassin's Creed games have you played?

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I've played AC 1-3, including all of the AC 2 follow up games (Brotherhood, Revelation, etc). AC 3 was so terrible though that I dropped the series like a bad habit. Though I'm considering picking up Black Flag when it is on sale later this year, or possibly as a promotional lead up to the PC release of AC Syndicate.

Hiddelgreyk

Sep 29, 2015
My (used) XBox 360 came with AC2 installed, so I played that...
It's okay, but I've not finished it yet, even after over 2 years. That alone should be telling.

I the special steelbook edition of AC4:Black Flag with Artbook, OST and Bonus Missions for 45,- ? for my Wii U.
That one I've completed to 100%, except for 5-6 (online) Achievements that are really hard to get.
All in all, Black Flag provided some splendid times.

I'm not really interested in the rest of the series, though; it had some great, even awesome potential with the concept of the backstory, [SPOILERS?] but now that they just killed their main protagonist and have the story drone on without any real point or ending simply for the sake of annualized sequels... it's quite disgusting, really.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
I am actually a fan of the games even though some are shit. I'm a bit of a sucker for the whole conspiracy theory/secret society/ancient civilization angle.

I started playing AC2 right before Rogue & Unity came out & I loved it, then I kinda jumped ahead quite a bit & picked up Rogue shortly after it came out. I must say Rogue is my favorite of the series, I like the different perspective. The Ezio trilogy is great too, mostly. I have since gone back to play Brotherhood, Revelations, 3, Liberation & Black Flag as well. I don't have a good enough pc to run Unity or Syndicate & I haven't picked up a PS4 or Xbone yet. I am planning on playing both though.

I do hope that whoever thought all the fucking chase sequences in AC3 was a good idea got their ass fired for being so stupid. I want to stalk my prey not run the cowards down. The opening of Revelations was shit because of that as well.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Just 1 and 2. After that, I got the impression that gameplay-wise I had pretty much experienced everything the franchise had to offer, and the gameplay itself was way too easy to incentivize me to keep playing regardless, especially when other franchises, like the Arkham games and Shadow of Morodor were doing the same thing far better.

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
If you like Black Flag, I definitely recommend Rogue if you can get it anywhere else. I'm fairly in love with it and the scenery is absolutely gorgeous (though I'm a sucker for everything in the polar and near polar regions), gameplay is, I think, slightly improved upon, sailing is excellent and seamless. They even offered a fairly interesting point of view of an assassin gone templar. All in all, it's more Black Flag.

I'm not sure if Brotherhood and Revelations would do anything for you at this point. I liked them both (exploring Rome and Constantinople is something that appeals to me greatly), but they are perhaps no longer very relevant and don't offer much if you played later games. Liberation... I don't know. I played it on the PC. I liked it overall, but it left a lot to be desired. It's too obvious that it was just a random side-game without much attention given to it, and it shows. It was slightly improved for the PC release and played decently. Too bad they didn't consider actually putting more effort into the game (and maybe also more time).

So yeah, I guess Rogue is your best bet. You could try these others, but if anything, you'd most likely be bored unless you're really into the franchise.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
I've played 1, 2, Brotherhood & Revelations, but only the first 2 when they were brand new. After that, the annual releases overwhelmed me and I've fallen behind on this series. I still intend to get around to 3 because it wraps up the Desmond arc and 4 because pirates. After those, from what I gather, the series goes into deep stagnation, so I'll probably leave it there.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I've played 3 and 4.
Both on the WiiU.
Enjoyed both, not the best games I've played but fun waste of time.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
Chester Rabbit said:
1 and 2. And then I was holding out for 3 but by time 3 came along I had caught on to Ubisofts annualized game and was very displeased with the route Ass Creed 3 had been taken. That was supposed to be Desmond's game. The Animus was supposed to be done! And you know...not a fan of how the series has veered even further and further away from stealth rather than tightening it up and becoming a better assassinating game.

And you know now here we are. The games are heartless, and a cynical cash grab and I want nothing to do with it.
While I agree in general, Syndicate seems to have a lot more emphasis on stealth again. Pretty much all objectives COULD be done by just rushing in and having a big fight, you have just as much option to go the stealthy route. Definitely a massive improvement IMO.

OT: 1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 4 and Syndicate (goddamn stupid naming systems). 1 was ok, great setting and concept, 2 and Brotherhood I adored, Revelations was a bit dull, didn't feel there was a 'big bad' to go against and had to force myself through it. 4 was great, but i fucking hated boat stealth with automatic fail-states, never finished it (but the book version is fantastic, everybody should check it out!). Syndicate has surprised me, I got it with my PS4 last week, wasn't intending to pick it up otherwise, and I'm really enjoying it. Love the setting, one of the characters is pretty decent, and the busywork is pretty decent rather than tedious, with new types of side objectives and a focus on stealth that is what I wanted from AC from the start.

Side note, while I enjoyed Desmond's story up till revelations, the modern day stuff now is goddamn awful. Detested it in 4, luckily really insignificant so far in Syndicate, but just seems pointless if they aren't going to do anything with it.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
I'm a "casual" fan of Assassin's Creed. Deep down, I know that the gameplay, while fun, is not enough to sustain me through the entire series (heck, I usually start getting bored by the end of each game), so I cherry pick games (preferably in new settings) to keep things fresh. It's not like I'm missing out on any compelling storyline anyway, haha.

I've played AC1, AC2, and AC Black Flag, with two or three years spaced between each. All different settings and from I hear, AC2 and Black Flag are the highlights of the series, so I think I've done pretty well so far. Looking forward to Syndicate, followed by skipping the next one or two games before playing another.

Beliyal said:
If you like Black Flag, I definitely recommend Rogue if you can get it anywhere else. I'm fairly in love with it and the scenery is absolutely gorgeous (though I'm a sucker for everything in the polar and near polar regions), gameplay is, I think, slightly improved upon, sailing is excellent and seamless. They even offered a fairly interesting point of view of an assassin gone templar. All in all, it's more Black Flag.
Hmm, I've heard good things about Rogue. It would be nice to sail again before moving on to industrial London...then again, I just don't have the time or patience for two AC games :(

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
dyre said:
Hmm, I've heard good things about Rogue. It would be nice to sail again before moving on to industrial London...then again, I just don't have the time or patience for two AC games :(
Yeah, that became my problem with this franchise. I mean, I played it all semi-regularly, then missed Black Flag due to a broken laptop and now I just can't catch up anymore. I caught up with Black Flag and I'm well over half done in Rogue, but in the meantime there were more games released. At this point, the more backlog I have, the less I want to play. I'll finish Rogue though and see what to do regarding Unity and Syndicate (and China... And I still have Freedom Cry). Surprisingly, I actually liked sailing quite a lot so now I'm afraid I'll miss it in Unity and Syndicate. So I'm taking my sweet time with Rogue.

I just told myself to continue slowly and play them when I'm in the mood. No doubt, by the time I finish Unity and Syndicate, there will be 5 more AC games out.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
I played 1, 2, and Brotherhood. About three-quarters of the way into Brotherhood I realized that I'd finally had my fill of The Ubisoft Game, forced myself to at least finish the main storyline of Brotherhood, and then have had absolutely no desire whatsoever to touch the series ever sense. The gameplay is dull, and even as early as Brotherhood the story had completely stopped actually going anywhere, so I just dropped it and never looked back.