What book are you reading right now?

Panda Mania

Jul 1, 2009
The book of Revelation in the Bible.

At the part where one of the seven (everything's seven. EVERYTHING.) trumpet's sound produces scorpion-like locusts who torture people for five months. o_O Fun stuff.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
The last book that I've read for leisure: Arctic Drift by Clive Cussler

The last book that I'll be screwed if I don't read it: The Oregon driver Manual.

Exciting, am I right?

Dapsen

Nov 9, 2008
Bones of the Hills, by Conn Iggulden. I give it a four-and-a-half.

It tells a story of the Mongol Empire under the rule of Genghis Khan, and how he invaded Aarab and Asian lands. Of course there's no way a 500+ page book can accurately tell a story set in year 1100-1200, so it is kind of half fiction, half fact. But it's a great read.

It explains in great detail how Mongol boys were taught to ride, shoot a bow, wield a sword, wrestle, and endure excruciating pain as soon as they could walk. It gives a sense that they were great and honourable men, and hides the more offending sides that have been discovered to the (then)Mongol Empire. And even though you know it's not all true, it's just too awesome not to be drawn in completely.

I revolves around Genghis, his generals, and his family, and all of their doings. Mostly set in what is now Iran and Iraq, you also grow fond of the characters and their unique traits. I found myself quite pissed when my favourite character didn't end up being the heir of the Empire. And later died.

I highly recommend it to everyone.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Atlas Shrugged isn't a bad book although you can get the full meaning of it by cutting to the last hundred pages (it is entertaining though).

Spykr

Jul 8, 2010
I just finished "The National Audubon Society's Field Guide to North American Mushrooms". For the 7th time. (all the little notes, mini-essays, and information on every fungus listed.)

newfiegirl 110

May 10, 2010
44-Blue said:
Depending on what room I happen to be in, I am currently reading

Cloud Atlas(David mitchell) - Hard not to get sucked in *****
Caught Stealing (Charlie Huston) - One of my fave authors. short hard and fast paced *****
War of flowers (Tad Williams) - a little dull to be honest **
Job (Robert Heinlein) - occasionally repetitive but a good read and funny ***
Dying of the light (George R R Martin) Rare Original SF ****
You sound like me...lol.
My currents include
Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter (a Lords of the Underworld book)
Bullet by Laurell K Hamilton (An Anita Blake book)
Queen of Death (the last of the Lost Mark Trilogy)

I prefer fiction, especially those related to the supernatural, but I'll pretty much read anything with words though. When stuck for something to read, I fall back on The Black Dagger Brotherhood books by JR Ward, The Dark Hunter Books by Sherrilyn Kenyon, or The Anita Blake Series.

Spykr

Jul 8, 2010
SirDerick said:
Salem's Lot, by Stephen King.

I'm at the last ten pages though.
I've never been able to finish any of his books or short stories without hiding under a blanket.

The Scythian

Jun 8, 2010
Heretics of Dune. That is the fifth one, and it is becoming a slog through the series. An enjoyable slog, but a slog none the less.

micky

Apr 27, 2009
i dont think it counts as a book but im reading a guns & ammo magazine.

Del-Toro

Aug 6, 2008
Niccolo Machievelli's The Prince. I've learned more useable stuff from that than this little book than from my entire semester of Social Sciences.

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
The Swordsman's Oath by Juliet E. McKenna
The second book in a series that I have been wanting to read for awhile

[sub]Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men and the children are FBI agents. --Unattributed[/sub]

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
The Count of Monte Cristo. Never actually read it before.
Oh also "How to Read like a Professor" thanks to my English teacher for Summer assignment.

BGH122

Jun 11, 2008
I don't read for pleasure anymore and everything I read for my edification would sound far too pretentious and supercilious to post here without feeling like a braggart.