What Book Have You Read Do You Think Should Be Turned into a Video Game or Movie, but Hasn't?

LastExpellian

Feb 14, 2010
Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett (part of the Discworld series) Just seeing the likes of Granny Weatherwax and such on the big screen would be thrilling. Oh, and casting Helena Bonham Carter as Magrat!

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
It would have to be done very carefuly and right, theres a lot of pitfalls when making this kind of film, could end up to child oriented, could end up too dark, could end up completely missing the point and so on

but that said, I still to this day think "The Sight" by "David Clement-Davies" would be an awsome film.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
I honestly wouldn't mind Jim Butcher's the Dresden Files being turned into movies based off the books and sticking as close to the story as Watchmen did the actual graphic novel.

Granted the T.V. Series was insanely off. I think Dresden deserves a large screen version rather than an overexcited series that never truly related to the series itself.

Grant there is more books than there is Harry Potter Books. But heck I'd rather go see Dresden in theaters than wait for someone to reboot the Twilight series for cash grabbing reasons.

Hell go read Summer Knight. That is awesome movie material.
Not convinced? How bout Dead Beat? He fights a frickin Necromancer and at the end uses his powers to not only bring back to life but frickin ride Sue the T-Rex in her skeleton form. That's right, a wizard riding a reanimated T-Rex.

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
A Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel movie would be ace, as would Sabriel by Garth Nix. The former could take advantage of rich Victorian atmosphere while the second could blend all our modern zombie expertise with fantasy.

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
Bad Monkeys.

That book was so amazing it made me vomit rainbows while reading it.

Wrath 228

Aug 26, 2010
Didnt read the whole thread, so pardon me if I'm repeating.

The series of books written by Alex Berenson that focuses on his "John Wells" character could, if properly handled, make for an excellent game adaptation. I picture it being a hybrid of L.A. Noire-ish (very big on the "ish") investigative gameplay, but with more of an "Assassin's Creed" spin on how you gather info and tail/chase targets. (John Wells cant do parkour, but you get what I mean). Actually, the old Splinter Cell Conviction (back when it was hobo-Sam Fisher sneaking his way around D.C., fight his enemies using the environment) is really close to how I think a game adapation of the series would play.

CplDustov

May 7, 2009
If done well the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. I'd like to go into details but I'm exhausted. Mmmmm let's just say Assassin's Creed with magic. Maybe a little more sandboxy. A good descision system like Alpha Protocol (minus the bugs please).

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Personally, I think any Matthew Rielly books would make awesome movies. Also, a number of David and Leigh Eddings books (The younger Gods series). I would also love to see 'Dark as Day' by Charles Sheffield made into a movie. It is one of those few books I have read again and again.

harriet

Jun 16, 2011
I stumbled across this website recently www.womanvswomaniser.com and ended up buying the book. WOW! I have never had a book grip me like that, I felt like it was already a movie! Woman Vs Womaniser "This is the Book Men do Not Want Women to Read..." I really hope it gets turned into a movie.

Slythernite

Jan 25, 2009
A few years ago I thought the Redwall series by Brian Jacques would make a good game. But I'm not quite sure what audience it would appeal to.

BlackEagle95

Apr 3, 2011
The Ender Wiggin series would be interesting to watch, so would Fahrenheit 451, it screams movie to me, can't fully understand why.

Not sure about games.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
automatron said:
I would love to see The sword of the truth series, provided they don't royally f*&k it up
If you're talking about the series with main characters Richard and Kahlan, they made it into a TV show called The Seeker. And royally fucked it up.

My choice? Any book by Matthew Reilly. Goddamn but that guy can write. Oh wait, Scarecrow is being made into a movie. Cannot wait.

Pips

Nov 18, 2009
Joe Abercrombie's "Before They Are Hanged" and the sequels would be awesome films, but possibly too bloody for anything other than an adult audience.

Also, P.G. Janssen's "Darkness Visible" would make a great movie. It's set in Victorian London, so you'd get the Sherlock Holmes vibe, but it's fantasy with people making portals in the sky, so would be even more epic.