What brought you to the Escapist?

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
I was talking to my friend about how much i hated ass creed and he pointed out that this guy who does weird reviews on yellow background just gave it a more or less positive review.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Urgh76 said:
Huh....

I'm very very surprised that no one has mentioned Unforgotten Realms as the thing that brought them to this sanction.

The Escapist started showing their videos, and that led me here.
This, I was brought here by Unforgotten Realms. I was watching the ORIGINAL series on youtube, then Sir Shmoopy of Awesometon ended up being re-rendered into a new first series on here... Then Rob sodded off onto his own website and stopped making episodes for about 6 months, then did 2 or 3 more, then stopped again. I haven't a clue on what he's doing now.

My interest in this site was heavily tied into UR. But a friend of mine started sending me links to ZP (even though he's not a member of the Escapist) so I watched them, liked them as much as UR and made an account.

Then I noticed Extra Credits was on this site (another youtube favourite at the time) but when they left for penny arcade I say Jim Sterling's videos instead.

Now I'd say I'm here for the news, the forums, Jimquisition and ZP. Some of the comic strips are funny too.

Dark Prophet

Jun 3, 2009
Well ZP, I visited the page before that but only from time to time. I think ZP made the Escapist what it is today, it had some good stuff before but ZP alone got the critical mass needed to make that huge jump in popularity.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Urgh76 said:
I'm very very surprised that no one has mentioned Unforgotten Realms as the thing that brought them to this sanction.
Sorry I'm late. Unforgotten Realms bought me. I then stayed around for Dolereous and associates and eventually over time went on escapist more and more and 1 random day I finally signed on to the forums.

Behazard

Oct 12, 2011
I somehow found Doraleous and Associates somehow here. I really can't remember how I got to know of the show, but after watching various episodes I decided to sign up and check out the other shows.

After that I stuck around for Unskippable, LRR and yes, also Zero Punctuation.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
I was wandering around an unrelated gaming site when I found a post about Zero Punctuation's first Uncharted review, watched it, wanted more, watched others and then found more and more on the escapist that I liked. Been here ever since.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Sassafrass said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I remember the day vividly.

The escapist was in turmoil, millions were dying everyday, it was terrible.

I watched from the heavens, unable to help my children, the rights of my summoning had not been completed.

When suddenly, a lone poster cried out in desperation, 'Daystar! Save us!'.

And then it was so.

I descended from the heavens, bathed in etheral light, and saved you all.

You're welcome.
Well, you didn't save us all.
You shot my Speckled Jim, for example.

OT: I was linked here, I stayed.
I regret something but not sure what.
Oh poor Speckled Jim. You hand reared him from a chick, and he was your only childhood friend. Truly tragic.

Not entirely sure how he lived that long in the first place, but whatever...

In any case, you shot my rabbit after running it over when it was being attacked by your dog, when you visited me as a lad, sir.

OT: Doraleous and Associates. I still hold onto the slim hope that it'll make a return.

Carnage95

Sep 21, 2009
Like many, I was brought here by Zero Punctuation. Can't remember how I got to watch Zero Punctuation, not even sure what game was being reviewed. Regardless, I am glad to have found this place really.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Three things-

1. When Yatzee became popular and start posting his videos onto here.
2. The forum had interesting topics that made me wanted to post my comments if I had register.
3. My boredom and finding a way to pass the time (I hardly get good worth while games these days).

Those three combine lead me to signing up onto here. If only I had joined sooner.

xDarc

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
I've seen quite a few "communities" come and go over the years and lately I have several forums I pop my head into, but nothing I really call home. Once a place starts to dry out, I move on/replace it. Some users over at mmorpg.com had mentioned this site occasionally back when it was drying out.

Cerebral Force

Jun 8, 2011
I didn't make an account until later on, but I've been visiting at least weekly for the brilliant Yahtzee hilarity that is Zero Punctuation.

CAPTCHA: know your rights...This is interesting.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Vault101 said:
Darth Vader from the planet Vulcan came to me in my sleep and said he would melt my brain if I didnt check out this site...
Game over ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

OT: The Escapist: Come for the Yahtzee, stay for the rest of the goodness.

loudmadman

Nov 22, 2011
A friend suggested to me to watch some of Yahtzee's videos. Then I lurked around the forums for a while before being a member

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
As you'd probably expect, someone linked me to a Zero Punctuation video, which lead to me poking around the rest of the Escapist (and consequently falling in love with Unskippable & Drinking Games, too).

5ilver

Aug 25, 2010
Watched Yahtzee on youtube. Took me a while to start coming here regularly because having to remember an entire site just for 1 weekly show is a little eehhh..

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
I was waiting around six months for mod approval to sign up for a rival gaming-related forum (not sure if referencing is allowed), and eventually got fed up with the process so decided to register here.

Interestingly, the day after I registered here my sign up application for the other forum was rejected. That raises some interesting questions!

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
I've watched Totalbiscuit's stuff for a while now, a while back he was talking about the differences between graphics and aesthetics and he linked the Extra Credits episode on the topic. I enjoyed what I saw and then EC lead me to here and I've stayed even after EC left the site.