What Browser/Homepage(s) do you have/use?

Snow Fire

Fluffy Neko Kemono
Jan 19, 2009
I use Chrome as it has the cleanest, and simplest interface, and I only need one chrome extension, adblock. Homepage set to the Google homepage.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
I just use Firefox w/ Google as homepage. I've never really got more creative than that.

Unusual_Bulge

May 30, 2008
UnableToThinkOfName said:
I have Firefox, with standard Google as my homepage. Dial-up is a bollock strangler, so that's all I can handle.
You could try Opera and enable 'Opera Turbo' mode. It routes all of your browsing via Opera's servers where they compress the pages before sending them on to you. It might make browsing a little snappier - it works wonders on mobile phones. Personally I'm a bit wary about sending log-in and bank details etc via their servers - but I may just be paranoid - for regular browsing though, it may be worth a look.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Unusual_Bulge said:
UnableToThinkOfName said:
I have Firefox, with standard Google as my homepage. Dial-up is a bollock strangler, so that's all I can handle.
You could try Opera and enable 'Opera Turbo' mode. It routes all of your browsing via Opera's servers where they compress the pages before sending them on to you. It might make browsing a little snappier - it works wonders on mobile phones. Personally I'm a bit wary about sending log-in and bank details etc via their servers - but I may just be paranoid - for regular browsing though, it may be worth a look.
This is the most common argument against Turbo I see, but it's really not an issue.

According to the release notes:
Your privacy is important

Even when Turbo is enabled, encrypted traffic does not go through our compression servers. This means that when you are on a SSL site, we bypass these traffic and let you communicate with the SSL site directly. Opera generates statistics of the usage of Opera Turbo, but these are aggregated numbers and no information can be linked to a single user. Opera does not store any users? private information.
-- http://labs.opera.com/news/2009/03/13/

Unusual_Bulge

May 30, 2008
erbkaiser said:
This is the most common argument against Turbo I see, but it's really not an issue.
I didn't expect it would be a major issue, but as I said I'm a bit paranoid, and I thought it would be a little unfair to recommend something without making sure I made clear what could be seen as potential drawbacks.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Opera. The best browser. Firefox is ok too, Chrome I didnt like much and IE is an abomination.

snide_cake

Nov 29, 2009
I use Firefox.

My homepage is one that I made myself, to have all my most visited sites on it. My favourites/bookmarks are more geared toward the pages I visit for research rather than daily visitations.

But my Firefox also holds several tabs open, probably up to 15 at the moment. It remains open and restarts/reloads every page when I restart my computer again.

Dr. Danger

Let's Talk Lobotomy
Dec 24, 2008
One of the five people who uses Avant as their preferred browser.

One of the trillion people who uses Google as their homepage.

Zaldin

Sep 28, 2009
Firefox, with Symbaloo as homepage. I really, really, really recommend you try it out.

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
Firefox ftw.

That's what I am using. With a Gears of War skin. Gotta love it.

Also, my homepage is nothing else but google.

All hail the power of the google mechanic!

Lineoutt

Sock Hat
Jun 26, 2009
I use Firefox, my open page is the escapist. Homepage used to be facebook but I changed it idk why.

robert022614

meeeoooow
Dec 1, 2009
i use firefox. i absolutely detest IE and firefox has yet to really let me down so all in all im happy with it.

graverobber2

Aug 19, 2009
I use firefox, with google as homepage
I used Opera for a while, but since not all websites support it, I had to switch back to firefox

Aby_Z said:
Chrome. Why use a homepage when I can just click on the page I wish to visit and go there? The browser itself loads up quick enough to make having a homepage unneeded.

Also, incognito mode. Gotta love that thing...
chrome isn't the only one who has that
try CTRL+Shift+P in firefox