Windows XP
Playstation 2
Xbox
PSP
Xbox 360

Ah the Memories of Virtua Cop and Sonic on The saturn....*sniff*

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
At first I hated Vista mainly because they forced me to get it when I got my computer but it's not really that bad.... Although it is true that I've never used Linux and I'm only comparing it to other Microsoft products.

Skatoony

Oct 4, 2007
What I no longer have:

Atari 2600
Commodore 64
Mega Drive/Genesis
Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Playstation
Playstation 2
Win95 (Pentium 1, SoundBlaster Pro 2) - Got me into PC gaming (thank you Descent!)
Win98

What I have now:

PSP
Win95 (Pentium 2, Roland LAPC-I) - this is for my retro gaming when DOSBox doesn't work or is too slow...
WinXP x64 Edition

Goofonian

Jul 14, 2006
From the start,

atari 2600
gameboy
snes
n64
gamecube
PS2
GBA
DS
Wii
Planning on getting a 360 soon

I've had mac's with every OS since system 6 and occasionally I've had a win95/98/2000 PC
My next computer will be an intel mac that I will dual boot either with XP or Vista

gameloftguy

Sep 20, 2007
Whoah some question. In truncated form:

The first DOS (I would guess)
Apple IIE
PC XT
Intelivision
Sega Genesis
Windows (every version except Vista)
PS1

That is all I could remember. I've pretty much given up on consoles finding them mostly a waste of money compared to what I can get on my PC or mobile.

Nov 19, 2007
Hmmm.

I've had every nintendo system since the NES.
Missed out on PS1 and PS2 but for some reason I bought a PS3, which is perfect to catch up on older PS classics.
An original xbox, and planning on getting a 360 sometime.
I had a Genesis, but have no recollection of playing anything except sonic games.

As for computers, the only computer I've ever really done any gaming on is my old Windows 95 computer, which is what got me into gaming in the first place. After that died, I've just stuck to consoles.

Pyrrian

Oct 3, 2007
*Apple II GS
*NES
*Master System
DOS 5.1
Windows 3.1
*Gameboy
*Gameboy Color
*Genesis
*SNES
Windows 95
Windows 98
Playstation
Windows ME
Windows 2000
Windows XP
Xbox
Playstation 2
Dreamcast
Xbox 360

*Denotes something I no longer own

boony

Sep 15, 2007
SNES
N64
Wii
Sega Genesis
Dreamcast
PS
PS2
PS3
XBOX
Windows 98, 2000, XP

fasharoony

Nov 24, 2007
Goodness me...

Unknown pong machine... was kind of beige/orange colour and had 2 sliders. My dad brought it home from work one day in the late 1970's when I was about 10 and I was over the moon :eek:)

Atari 2600... ah, the holy grail of the early 80's. Cost £99 GBP forever and was always too expensive, but mum and dad got it for me in easter 1982 for £75 + VAT from a wholesaler called MAKRO. It went with me to Australia (from UK) in 1983 after a conversion from PAL-B to PAL-I and then got converted back when we returned at the end of the year.

Commodore ViC-20... My 1st 'real computer' i.e. it had a keyboard, a whole 3.5k of useable RAM and needed Commodore's own tape deck to load software. Generall gameswise no advance over the Atari :eek:( Xmas 1983.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128k... After arguing for the last year that Commodore was better I caved and got a speccy. Any tape deck would do, but it took 15 minutes to load a 128k game. Starglider was my fav :eek:) Xmas 1984.

Atari ST 512... Now we're talking :eek:) This had a floppy drive ! The only game I remember playing though was pac-world which was like pacman but '3-D'. Cost me £299 of my own money when I could have had an Amiga for the same price but I was still smarting over the ViC-20. This must have been Xmas 1987.

Sega Gamegear... Can't put a date on this but it was whenever it was released, early 90's I guess. Only remember playing Sonic and a Mickey mouse game on it. Woeful battery life but otherwise a nice little handheld.

Playstation... Again £299 of my own money, bought on release day from Virgin Megastore in Liverpool and game with 1 controller and a demo disk. Got Wipeout the day after and all was good for the next few years ;o)

iMAC... Not mine strictly but only owned for a month at the end of 1998 and was rubbish. Sent it back.

Windows 98 PC... Paid for with the iMAC money, was a Dell with a 450 P1. Played Mechcommander to death while going through a bad life period and got myself voted best player of all time in Starlance league. geez, what a loser I was ;o)

Windows 98 PC #2... Psychopathic ex got the last one, so i bought this in late 2000. A HP with a 1GHz Athlon. Lasted me through multiple modifications and additions leaving only the monitor original until 2006. Passed on to my son, still getting improved and running well.

Playstation 2... My wife got me this at our 1st Xmas together in 2001 before we were married. What a beauty :eek:) Still going strong and our Singstar machine next to TV. Still got loads of PS2 games so I'll keep it coz my PS3 is American.

PSP... Again, a gift from my wife, this time for my birthday though, in 2005. Got a new lease of life since the Remote Play thing on PS3 and gonna get the Sat Nav add on when it's released. A fine a beautiful piece of kit.

Nintendo DS Lite... mid 2006 I bought this for the missus, although i'll include it as we both play it. Worth the purchase price for Brain Training IMHO.

Windows XP PC... Built this myself for gaming. Athlon 3700+ San Diego, ABit A9 MoB, ATi X1600 pro, etc, full modded case. Lasted for a year until March this year. Bought 2005 and sold to a mate who still runs it now.

Windows XP PC#2... My current beast, usual selection of top knotch hardware bought from Gladiator Computers this March and added a 22" widescreen a week later. Killed the 680i SLI MoB a month ago, replaced it with an X38 and it's even better. World in Conflict and Crysis play beautifully on highest settings. Gonna put a 3rd HD and dual boot Vista for DX-10.

Playstation 3... Bought at end of April in USA and still my pride and joy. Anyone who says it's not the ultimate machine right now is talking bollocks :eek:) Had to get a new TV to show it off and never looked back.

XBox 360 Premium... Bought in June this year, used, off a mate for £120 including Gears of War, just to play Gears of War ! A fine machine, no doubt, but if you wanna know about Halo3 just listen to Zero Punctuation coz he's right on the button. Edge magazine are so obviously XBox fanboys it's laughable... 10/10 my arse.

Wii is coming at Xmas, mainly for the missus :eek:)

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
In the order our family had them:

C64 (although our family already had it before I could form long-term memories. Only games I can remember having for it were Lemmings, Street Rods, and some AI program you could talk to.
It had a face on the screen, and depending on what you said to it, it's expression would change. We no longer have it)

Atari 2600 Jr (came out around the same time as the NES. Again, our family already had it longer than I can remember. We gave it to charity in '02)

NES (I know there was a time we didn't have a NES, but I can't remember exactly where, when, or how we got it. It's still working, and from time to time I like to bring it out and play a little Kirby or LoZ: II)

MegaDrive/Genesis (My older brother saved up his allowance for quite a while to get it. I think we got it in '94, perhaps '95. No longer working.)

Atari Lynx II (We actually have two of them, one for my brother and one for me. Got them for Christmas in '95 or '96, I think. I actually have more games for it than my Gameboys combined. Still have them in a closet somewhere, and they both still work perfectly)

Windows 3.11 on a 386. (Got it in '97 so my mum could earn some more money by translating documents from Dutch to English. I remember playing games like Wolfenstein 3D, SimTower, C&C and SC2000 on it. Good times. We sold it in '99)

PS1 (My older brother saved up his money again and bought it in '98, with a little help from mum. Unfortunately it doesn't work any more, so I have to play my PS1 games through my PC)

Gameboy Color (got it for my birthday along with Pokemon Red in '99. Still semi-functioning, but the select button is broken, the speaker doesn't work, neither does the AC port, the B button barely works, and it's the same with the start button and the down direction on the d-pad. It did survive a lot of things, though, like being accidentally buried in sand, soaked in water, dropped more times than I can count, etc)

Windows XP on a P4 (got in in '02. Since then the only thing that's still the same about it is the CPU and HDD)

Gamecube (picked it up in '03 for $50 Australian, about $45 US)

Windows XP on a laptop (got it late last year to tide me over while I'm living in London. It's not a brilliant piece of machinery, and can't really play anything smoothly from after 2005, but since the vast majority of my games are pre-2003, it works out just fine)

GBA SP (got it during a trip to Holland earlier this year because I wanted to play my old gameboy games. Had I known that the save files on my Pokemon Gold and Silver games had become corrupted, I would have just gotten a DS, which only cost about 50 euros more)

laikenf

Oct 24, 2007
- NES
- Sega Master System
- Game Boy
- SNES
- Sega Genesis
_ DOS
- Windows 3.1 on to XP (hate Vista)
- PS1
- PS2
- N64
- Game Boy Advance
- Gamecube
- Nintendo DS
- Wii
- PSP

SpineShanked

Nov 24, 2007
Atari 2600, Coleco, Intellivision, NES, Gameboy (yes the one with a grey and weird green display), Genesis (with the Sega CD and 32X), SNES, TG16, N64, PS1, PS2, and Xbox 360. Alot of these consoles espeecially the Atari, Coleco, and Intellivision my parents owned. Most of them I bought on my own allowence.

Shadow Link

Nov 22, 2007
Used to own a Sega, N64, GBA, PS2, Xbox and currently the owner of a X360 and Wii.

I usually as stated in another forum don't like to constantly waste money upgrading my PC just so I can play the latest games, but given the fact that I love my games, I must... :(
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
MEM: 2GB (2x1024MB DDR2)
HDD: 1.2TB (2x250GB, 2x350GB)
GFX: Ati Radeon X1950XTX

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
In chronological order:

Spectrum 48K (how I yearned for the 128)
NES
Amiga 500 / 500+ / 600
DOS / Windows (bought a PC around '97)
Playstation (didn't get one until the PS2 was available)
GBA SP

beoweasel

Nov 26, 2007
Sega Genesis (Got it when I was 9)

Playstation
Nintendo 64
Gameboy Color
Playstation 2
Gameboy Advanced
X-box 360

kieranlol

Nov 28, 2007
umm ill go from the order i got them i spose :p

NES
sega megadrive
snes
Gameboy colour
n64
ps1
gamecube
PC(then 98, now XP)
xbox
ps2
DS
Wii

jimmythenoob

Nov 27, 2007
i had:
snes (mother gave away when i was 14, i was very annoyed lol its classic)
ps2 (gave away tp granparents as its what turned me off consoles)

i still have:
n64

pc with :
3gb RAM
8600gt 1gb
dual core pentieum 4 3.4ghz
two 200gb external hdd two internal 2OOgb hdd
terrible 17" tft monitor BUT 7m projector for it that needs new bulb :(
oh and ive glued literary 23 fans up sidepanel with holes in sidepanel to try an keep it cool lol.

im now a pc gamer all the way but the old 64 gets used with friends as to me its the most classic of all consoles.

soladrin

Sep 9, 2007
crappy pc
dreamcast (booya)
ps
ps2
xbox
xbox 360
gameboy(the first one ftw)

as you can see, i dont like Nintendo, the only reason i had a gameboy was because i liked pokemon when i was a kid, and its a pretty fun rpg :p

xbeaker

Sep 11, 2007
jimmythenoob said:
pc with :
3gb RAM
8600gt 1gb
dual core pentieum 4 3.4ghz
two 200gb external hdd two internal 2OOgb hdd
And no keyboard.

hehehe. Sorry man, I couldn't resist.