What console games would you like to see released on Windows 7

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
In response to how a lot of people responded on my other thread.

Short response: All of them.

Long response:
- The entire Nintendo library
- Final Fantasy I, II, II, IV, V, VI, IX, X, Tactics, XII, everything
- Chrono Trigger & Cross
- Kingdom Hearts I, II, Chain of Memories, Final Mixed everything, Coded, Days, Birth by Sleep, Dream Drop Distance, ect.
- Tales of Phantasia, Abyss, Symphonia, ect.
- Fatal Frame I, II, III, and IV

This is exhausting, your turn. Ow my head, this would days for me to write.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
The Final Fantasy games could work reasonably well with a keyboard, even without a mouse - I know Square Enix has something going with GoG, but I'm not sure what else will come of it. Tales of X could work too, if they port it at least as well as Street Fighter 4, and Namco will probably use Dark Souls as a basis to see if people would buy their games on PC. Nintendo's games? No chance, unless the Wii U winds up being their Dreamcast (and Ninty have a lot more money now than Sega did then).

As for which games I'd like to see ported, Microsoft should probably give us Halo 3 and Reach, but leave the new trilogy exclusive to the Xbox if they like. Microsoft make PCs - the porting shouldn't be a problem. But it'll be unlikely to work out if it comes with GFWL, and it most likely will since it's a game directly published by Microsoft.

A couple more 2D fighters would be pretty cool too. Street Fighter 4's proven that it can work, and Steam's matchmaking would help with finding people to battle regardless of whether it was Marvel vs. Capcom, Guilty Gear, Mortal Kombat, Skullgirls...

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
LilithSlave said:
In response to how a lot of people responded on my other thread.

Short response: All of them.

Long response:
- Final Fantasy I, II, II, IV, V, VI, IX, X, Tactics, XII, everything
- Chrono Trigger & Cross
- Kingdom Hearts I, II, Chain of Memories, Final Mixed everything, Coded, Days, Birth by Sleep, Dream Drop Distance, ect.
- Tales of Phantasia, Abyss, Symphonia, ect.
- Fatal Frame I, II, III, and IV

This is exhausting, your turn. Ow my head, this would days for me to write.
What no Legend of Dragoon?

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
It's not like PC gaming = keyboard and mouse.

XBOX 360 controllers are insanely successful on the PC. And since they've finally become so universally popular, unlike some random Logitech pad of the past or something, most devs. have included some form of XBOX 360 support along with their game. Every PC game should come with a "set buttons" section where you can choose which keyboard, mouse, and gamepad buttons do what.

I mean, come on, does anyone really play Street Fighter IV with a keyboard? At most I imagine some people struggle with an XBOX 360 controller until they realize that becoming competent with combos and special moves that require direction precision and hitting all punch or kick buttons at the same time is a no-go with anything other than a fight stick, and go out and buy a USB one.

Also, this is more of a "what games would be fun to have on your PC", not the feasibility of it.

But on that topic, I do think that if Dark Souls came to PC, it would bode for Namco and From Software in porting their games to PC. I'm pretty certain the game will in fact come to PC, as well. As the game is sure to sell better than their much weaker title, Ninja Blade(riddled with embarrassing quick time events), which is already on Steam.

Again, this thread is purely hypothetical. But I guess it would add to discussion to talk about the feasibility of certain moves. So carry on, I was just mentioning that.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
LilithSlave said:
I mean, come on, does anyone really play Street Fighter IV with a keyboard? At most I imagine some people struggle with an XBOX 360 controller until they realize that becoming competent with combos and special moves that require direction precision and hitting all punch or kick buttons at the same time is a no-go with anything other than a fight stick, and go out and buy a USB one.
Just a hint: you can quote me, then take out the main part of the quote and replace it with ~snip~ or just the paragraph you want to address (the "reply" button doesn't actually work). It's a lot easier for me to tell you're trying to address it than if you just make a post that seems to be talking to me. Also, it doesn't work if you edit a quote into an existing post.

Also, not very many arcade-style joysticks are being made for the PC right now, and given that most current-gen PC games require an Xbox 360 controller or nothing (and those things can be bloody expensive) I doubt most of them would work anyway, forcing people to either buy a gamepad and still not have an optimal experience, or learn to work with a keyboard.

Just sayin'. We now return to our scheduled programming.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
leet_x1337 said:
I've made it a habit to not quote people right above me whenever I can. Heck, I've even gotten infractions on some fora for doing it. It's generally poor foruming to quote the person right above you as I'm doing right now. So I try to refrain from doing it. Netiquette rules are that you don't quote someone unless the post you're responding to is at least a few posts above yours or you're being annoying. Again, I've literally gotten in trouble at other forums for accidentally not doing that. And I've pretty well kicked the habit right now, I don't want to go back.

Also, I haven't heard of any trouble with the average person using the average USB fight stick on the PC. I have a hard time believing the average PC Street Fighter IV player plays on anything other than a fight stick. In fact, no one who is a fighting game enthusiast uses anything other than a fight stick.
Solo-Wing said:
What no Legend of Dragoon?
Oh, it would have been there, all right. I just got overwhelmed immediately after I mentioned the first jRPGs that came to mind and realized I have thousands of other games to mention and gave up.

I should probably go back to making a list in a little bit. Just because.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
All right, time to do something exhausting and add more to the list. Maybe I'll add it to the OP later or something. I'm going to consider handhelds a "console" or close enough for this exercise.

- Legend of Dragoon
- All Shin Megami Tensei/Persona titles
- Rule of Rose
- Shenmue & II
- Katamari Damacy & all games
- All the Sonic games everyone hates, anyway. Because.
- Sturmwind
- Cool Cool Toon
- Keio Flying Squadron & all games
- Illbleed
- Napple Tale
- Night into Dreams & Journey of Dreams
- Disgaea: Hour of Darkness & all games
- Spyro the Dragon
- Darkstalkers & all games
- Burning Rangers
- Clock Tower 1, 2, & 3
- Epic Mickey
- Wild Arms
- Odin Sphere
- Mushihimesama
- All non Evolved Front Mission games
- Tiny Toons Adventures
- Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose!
- Killer Instinct
- Jet Force Gemini
- Dragon Quest & all games
- Disney's Magical Quest
- All Super Robot Wars games

And I am worn out again.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Just another little point: in general, Japanese developers (particularly Japanese console developers) don't work well with PC ports. Not like Ubisoft, who make it a lot worse even before the game begins, but still. And there'll be e-riots everywhere as console fanboys get really mad that their favourite games are being given to the PC elitists, while said elitists are smug about having the games and being able to run it "better" than the dirty console peasants.

Assuming none of that happened, though, I would be pretty happy with Sonic Adventure 2, Odin Sphere and Persona 3 and 4. SA2 because someone actually has a decent arc for once and only once in the entire Sonic series (Shadow of all people, to be specific), Odin Sphere because the concept of a platform/JRPG/brawler seems pretty cool and Persona to validate or destroy the hype its small-but-insane fanbase makes about it.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Uhh, all of them? If I had my way, every single console game would be available on PC. Even ones that aren't especially suited to the control scheme, that's why I can hook up a controller or my arcade stick.
If those games were all up for me to buy, I'd probably end up dropping thousands of the dollars in the span of a year on all the games I can't play because I am just on PC.
Sadly, this is not a perfect world and games must remain exclusive to their various platforms.
-EDIT-
I want to add that I really really wish Japanese developers would do it more often. When Capcom released Super Street Fighter IV: AE on Steam, I was pumped. I play the shit out of that game with my friends now, even though the entire interface is a god awful console port, because really, I just want to play it.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
LilithSlave said:
All right, time to do something exhausting and add more to the list. Maybe I'll add it to the OP later or something. I'm going to consider handhelds a "console" or close enough for this exercise.

- Legend of Dragoon
- All Shin Megami Tensei/Persona titles
- Rule of Rose
- Shenmue & II
- Katamari Damacy & all games
- All the Sonic games everyone hates, anyway. Because.
- Sturmwind
- Cool Cool Toon
- Keio Flying Squadron & all games
- Illbleed
- Napple Tale
- Night into Dreams & Journey of Dreams
- Disgaea: Hour of Darkness & all games
- Spyro the Dragon
- Darkstalkers & all games
- Burning Rangers
- Clock Tower 1, 2, & 3
- Epic Mickey
- Wild Arms
- Odin Sphere
- Mushihimesama
- All non Evolved Front Mission games
- Tiny Toons Adventures
- Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose!
- Killer Instinct
- Jet Force Gemini
- Dragon Quest & all games
- Disney's Magical Quest
- All Super Robot Wars games

And I am worn out again.
*Cough* Radiant Historia! *Cough, hacks up phlegm*

Ugh.

... :3
Edit: Crap I quoted the wrong person >.<

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
I would love to see demon souls or dark souls.
Don't play my console anymore, and I really wanted to check these out.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
God of war trilogy, red dead redemption and perhaps forza, well and tekken so i could stop playing tekken 5 on that damned ps2 emulator.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
The two things leading my list is Resident Evil 6 and Dark Souls.

LilithSlave said:
I thought it was long established since the Virtual-Boy that PC gaming is nothing but a horrific nightmare to Nintendo?

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
TopazFusion said:
Red Dead Redemption.

I can't believe they're not releasing a PC version.
It uses exactly the same engine as GTA4, and Max Payne 3, so I don't see what the problem is.
Granted GTA4 was a piece of poo when it released for PC, but fully patched it is quite good. RDR is the only one that really sticks in my craw.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
TopazFusion said:
Red Dead Redemption.

I can't believe they're not releasing a PC version.
It uses exactly the same engine as GTA4, and Max Payne 3, so I don't see what the problem is.
What, you mean the broken down, glitched thing that could not even support HD? Yeah, that would be perfect.